MSC World Europa

stuart2468

How is the build going with this ship? Has it been delayed as a result of the Covid issues? 

So little info currently exists for this ship but I want to be one of the first aboard.

I know it's going to DOHA for the world cup in 2022, but i believe that isn't until December next year? Do we think there will be any sailings beforehand or will they begin pax service from 2023 onwards? Any sailings next year must be close to going on sale soon?

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, oceantriumph said:

first indoor rendering, of the oceanview promenade

IMG-2102.jpg

...Quite nice to an extent... But, this renderings fully support my impression that sometimes MSC so strongly wants to be anything for everyone... That they end up being nothing for nobody!... If this proceeds to be the final result it seems just another white branded RCI Oasis ship class with a bit of an MSC twist and a mix of 3rd party rental space business environments.

TBHH, I prefer far more the Musica, Fantasia or at least Seaside class designs. No need for poor imitations of other business models that doesn't fit on this MSC business model so well. Same for the Meraviglia class.

Thanks for sharing and have a nice day!...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of staying on the MSC Europa during the World Cup.  But I can't seem to figure out if MSC will be running all (or nearly all) venues as if this were a real cruise, or will it be a curtailed experience just to provide some rooms and restaurants?  For example, will the entertainment, water slides, etc., be running in full?  Anyone heard anything either way?

Repo cruise in March/April 2023 of MSC World Europa from Dubai to Italy was on MSC USA website in November 2021.

Cruises in February and early March from Dubai and Abu Dhabi can be booked too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, SirWolf said:

Repo cruise in March/April 2023 of MSC World Europa from Dubai to Italy was on MSC USA website in November 2021.

We are booked on this in YC and will report back here (although as you point out, there will have been several local cruises in the Middle East before then).  Very excited for a transit through the Suez and use the many sea days to explore the ship.

Haven't seen this posted yet, but MSC put up a "virtual tour" of the ship on YouTube.  

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, Nunagoras said:

If this proceeds to be the final result it seems just another white branded RCI Oasis ship class with a bit of an MSC twist

I’m convince that’s MSC’s official design philosophy. “Borrow” from RCI and throw in just enough MSC sparkle so it’s not obvious. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

We are booked on this in YC and will report back here (although as you point out, there will have been several local cruises in the Middle East before then).  Very excited for a transit through the Suez and use the many sea days to explore the ship.

Haven't seen this posted yet, but MSC put up a "virtual tour" of the ship on YouTube.  

Be aware that the aft lower deck may be out of bounds while heading through the Southern half of the canal, when we sailed from Venice to Dubai on Orchestra the boat deck was locked off after we left Jordan and wasn't available again until we reached Muscat in Oman due to threat of pirates from Somalia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcook said:

I’m convince that’s MSC’s official design philosophy. “Borrow” from RCI and throw in just enough MSC sparkle so it’s not obvious. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

All lines seem to borrow from each other. One could argue that the split aft of the World Class was borrowed from the Oasis Class which was borrowed from the never built Project Pinnacle from Carnival. 

ScivoloPoppa-scaled.jpg?width=800

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

All lines seem to borrow from each other. One could argue that the split aft of the World Class was borrowed from the Oasis Class which was borrowed from the never built Project Pinnacle from Carnival. 

ScivoloPoppa-scaled.jpg?width=800

Surely. Pretty much all ships are based from one another. Either way they all come from same 4 or 5 shipyards in the world. There's no recreation of the wheel out there. What I was noticing is that commercially speaking MSC is now trying to be just a "white brand" RCI on their new builds, instead of going on its own distinctive direction. Obviously if the owners decide this way will be more lucrative, so be it... But I'd like to see MSC going more classical like they were on the Musica/Fantasia class of ships. Or at least, if only they were able to make a mid priced cruise company for those purposes on the likes of X or Princess with an Italian flavor...

• 1 month later...

I believe it's the same ship yard building this ship as built the Oasis class ships which is why there are so many similarities.  I'm curious to see what else will be where the Oasis ships have their boardwalk with Carousel and diving show.  There is definitely rooms there and I have to imagine there are things that haven't been announced yet.  Sailing next September so plenty of time to find out

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 3:53 PM, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

I believe it's the same ship yard building this ship as built the Oasis class ships which is why there are so many similarities.

The first 2 Oasis Class ships were built in Finland. The ones after were built in France. The 2 classes have some similarities but I doubt that anyone would confuse the 2 if they were side by side. Neither will win a beauty contest but one is better looking than the other. 😁

Just an update on the progress. 

For Yacht Club guests, remember that there are 2 different stateroom configurations for the Owner's Suite, 2 different stateroom configurations for the Royal Suite, Duplex Suites with whirlpool, and Duplex Suites without whirlpool. The website information isn't always correct and some people will book one thing and not get exactly what they had planned on getting (looking at NCL who fooled some people with whirlpool on balcony renderings that didn't make it to reality on Prima). 🤨

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RBrowny said:

Do we know when we will start to see more of this? I'm thinking of booking, but also curious as to what restaurants and bars are includeed

I don´t think there will be any difference to the other MSC ships, MSC has never changed their policy on this throughout the years and ship classes. Apart from this Venchi and other vendors stuff. 

Edited by perakcruiser

9 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

I don´t think there will be any difference to the other MSC ships, MSC has never changed their policy on this throughout the years and ship classes. Apart from this Venchi and other vendors stuff. 

Thanks for response, so essentially just the main dining room and buffet that are included - the rest there is an upcharge? If so, do you think it will be like the other MSC prices or more?

2 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Thanks for response, so essentially just the main dining room and buffet that are included - the rest there is an upcharge? If so, do you think it will be like the other MSC prices or more?

Don´t think too much about the speciality restaurants, you probably will never use until you have Diamond😄 

Usually the prices for the speciality restaurants are the same across the fleet. 

• 3 weeks later...