Help - FCC but Celebrity says I still need to pay the additional deposit amount

northwoods2

2 years ago I made a future cruise deposit while on board.  The deposit was on a cruise that was cancelled.  Now I have requested it be put on a new cruise booking and my TA is saying that Celebrity took the $200 and reduced my fare by that amount and I still need to pay $700 in deposit.  Why?

It depends on what actually happened with the reservation number.   If it is the same booking number you should not be required to up the deposit to the full amount as it is still an onboard booking eligible for reduced deposit and the bonus OBC for booking onboard.  I've never been asked to add to a deposit when moving an onboard booking to a new sailing.

If for some reason they cancelled the old booking and made a new one then it would be at full deposit and they transferred the $200 to the new booking.   Don't know all the details but even in this case and you have to pay the full deposit they should be able to apply the book onboard OBC to the new booking.  Look at the FAQ's and you will see that is an option.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, northwoods2 said:

2 years ago I made a future cruise deposit while on board.  The deposit was on a cruise that was cancelled.  Now I have requested it be put on a new cruise booking and my TA is saying that Celebrity took the $200 and reduced my fare by that amount and I still need to pay $700 in deposit.  Why?

Because the deposit for your cruise is $900.  They applied the $200 toward that amount.

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Because the deposit for your cruise is $900.  They applied the $200 toward that amount.

But with a future cruise deposit you don’t have to pay the full deposit amount. I thought that was the big benefit of it. 

46 minutes ago, northwoods2 said:

But with a future cruise deposit you don’t have to pay the full deposit amount. I thought that was the big benefit of it. 

Yes,  you need to push on your TA for answers for both  reduced deposit and the OBC bonus.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, northwoods2 said:

When Celebrity cancelled your cruise did they give you additional FCC as a bonus?  If yes, then perhaps the original FCD was converted to regular FCC plus bonus.

This happened with us on Celebrity and on Viking. We paid a deposit and any FCC went to the price of the cruise when we make the final payment. On Viking, when we added a 2nd leg on an existing cruise,, making it a B2B, they added that cruise to my existing reservation and we didn’t pay a deposit for the 2nd cruise.

So I think it depends on what was said before. If it’s a new reservation and a new reservation number, you pay the deposit. If the new cruse is added to an existing reservation, then no deposit. At least that’s my experience.

Example: When I cancelled a cruise and immediately picked another cruise, it was all under the same reservation number, and since I’d paid the deposit under that reservation, it remained and I paid nothing. But that is a bit different than what you faced.

When the cruise was cancelled and your reservation was cancelled and the deposit or full pay was then switched to an FCC (did you get a 125% FCC?)  you when booked a new cruise and you got a new reservation, so you pay the deposit and the FCC goes to the final payment. 

As one poster said, work with your TA and see if things can be changed, but that’s how it ‘normally’ works.

Den

Edited by Denny01

I have used FCC many times and depending on the cabin and promo I had to pay an additional $700 on the deposit.

Suites sometimes require $900.

If the TA is giving you a group rate with extra SBC you may have to pay $700 extra to get it.   My TA would give me the option.  He would ask if I wanted to pay the extra to get the extra SBC that sometimes was an extra $500.  

Would also ask of it was refundable. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅