CCL shareholder OBC extended as expected, no changes

BlerkOne

Not so fast.

I received this message last September 22, 2020 from Carnival when I requested benefits for my September 2021 cruise on the Panorama:

"The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through 7/31/2021"....."after 3/31/2021 when the new shareholder benefits are released"

David

7 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Not so fast.

I received this message last September 22, 2020 from Carnival when I requested benefits for my September 2021 cruise on the Panorama:

"The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through 7/31/2021"....."after 3/31/2021 when the new shareholder benefits are released"

David

They just renewed through 7-31-22 for bookings made by 2-28-22.

8 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Not so fast.

David

Did you read the link posted in the original post? It says they are extended until 7/31/2022.

8 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

I just double checked......it seems to be that they didn't wait until the end of March 2021 to decide.

I'm going to submit for my September cruise on the Panorama.

David

Maybe they heard the rumors (that some theorized on the cc boards) that they would do away with it in their present financial crisis. Others, including me, have been arguing all along that they would not as it is a marketing tool that costs them almost nothing. We have been proven correct, and maybe they did it early to combat the rumors of it disappearing.

• Haha 1

I know that it was time for this to be renewed for the current year, but it is interesting that right after this is announced, they also announce that they are selling another $1 Billion in stock, thereby diluting the value once again.  The stock is way overpriced in the current market!

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I know that it was time for this to be renewed for the current year, but it is interesting that right after this is announced, they also announce that they are selling another $1 Billion in stock, thereby diluting the value once again.  The stock is way overpriced in the current market!

The vast majority of stocks are overpriced based on historical metrics. Such strange times we are living in.

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Another billion at $25.10/share and they will get it, too. So much for that $14/share some prophet predicted.