Cruising around Britain?

Kohima

Saga is conducting a survey of past passengers asking for their views on options for recommencing cruising. Would you consider cruising around Britain a) without stopping, b) stopping in British ports, c) stopping in British ports plus scenic cruising in the Norwegian fiords d) stopping in British ports plus scenic cruising around Iceland? Also would you consider cruising against FCO advice if indemnified by Saga insurance? Interesting......!

If we’re cruising without ports I would prefer to cruise south to warmer climes rather than around GB.

If we could stop and explore British ports I would be happy with that and rather than Iceland I would prefer scenic cruising in the Norwegian fjords.

If Saga indemnified us with their insurance I would be happy to cruise with them.

11 hours ago, Kohima said:

Saga is conducting a survey of past passengers asking for their views on options for recommencing cruising. Would you consider cruising around Britain a) without stopping, b) stopping in British ports, c) stopping in British ports plus scenic cruising in the Norwegian fiords d) stopping in British ports plus scenic cruising around Iceland? Also would you consider cruising against FCO advice if indemnified by Saga insurance? Interesting......!

Certainly not.

The survey did specify the advice against cruising during the coronavirus pandemic, rather than ignoring FCO advice in general - but this is picking and choosing which instructions to follow.

No different to those who believe masks/social distancing etc does not apply to them.

Any cruise line or holiday company which starts implying that FCO advice can be safely disregarded is heading down a dangerous road.

It is a very irresponsible question.

FCO advice is ADVICE, not an instruction (law).

You have a choice of what advice to follow,  as opposed to laws. Masks in shops and other places and social distancing are laws so should not be ignored. 

The FCO advice was written before Saga said everyone should be vaccinated,  you have every right to ignore bad advice,  but you must follow a law even if you think it's bad.

I would happily ignore FCO advice as I feel vaccination and pre cruise testing makes it safe. However adding unnecessary  masks and social distancing make it unpleasant so not for me

4 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

It is currently against the law to go on holiday - not to book a future holiday but to go on holiday now. 

It sounds very weird really =D but in any case I am sure that we will have to get some sort of a certificate from a local doctor that we are safe to travel.. especially if a person is quite old 

28 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

It is currently against the law to go on holiday - not to book a future holiday but to go on holiday now. 

Before the current lockdown,  when holidays were legal, it was not against the law to go to countries not on the no quarantine corridor list , and you could get cover to cover European holidays.

Once it is legal to go on holiday,  you can go where you like, as long as they let you in and you follow rules as you come back to UK. If they open up UK hospitality then apart from the insurance issue, it would be very hard to stop a round UK cruise. Advice not to cruise when 50000+ can go to a festival seems absurd.