Chances of a Kids Sail Free This Spring?

RCCL Fan

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

reduce the chance of cruising with misbehaved children

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think this says it all. 

M8

What exactly is wrong with that??????

No cruising over the summer, Christmas or Thanksgiving.

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

What exactly is wrong with that??????

No cruising over the summer, Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Someone calling kids "rugrats" derogatively or using a platform to rail against perceived defecits in children/parents is pretty easy to pin down.

Funnily enough, kids sail free doesn't generally apply during your windows.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Someone calling kids "rugrats" derogatively or using a platform to rail against perceived defecits in children/parents is pretty easy to pin down.

Funnily enough, kids sail free doesn't generally apply during your windows.

I have never said a thing regarding your parenting.  But there are a certain percentage of parents that let their kids run free and do whatever they want to on a cruise.  These little darlings are "rugrats".  I am sorry if that term offends you.  If those parents did a good job at raising their children properly like you have done, then we would not be having this discussion.  Unfortunately all parents do not do the same job raising their children, some do it better than others.

And when I am on Royal or Celebrity I usually hang in the adult solarium area so that eliminates the problem anyway.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Heymarco said:

Couldn’t they make an exception for kids? They get to make up their own rules around vaccination requirements. 😉

Parents and kids haven’t sailed this past year so it’s not going to kill them to wait another year. If Royal requires that everyone be vaccinated why should they make an exception for the kids? If there’s an issue with having to use FCC by a certain time then Royal should extend the dates for people who want to sail with kids.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Parents and kids haven’t sailed this past year so it’s not going to kill them to wait another year. If Royal requires that everyone be vaccinated why should they make an exception for the kids? If there’s an issue with having to use FCC by a certain time then Royal should extend the dates for people who want to sail with kids.

You know what else isn't going to kill the parents or their kids? COVID.

I wouldn't take another FCC, especially since it hinges on the idea of a vaccine that may never materialize. Royal would have to issue refunds, and not just to us (the cabin with the kids) but also for the three other berths booked with us to enjoy a family vacation together.

3 minutes ago, lizzius said:

You know what else isn't going to kill the parents or their kids? COVID.

I wouldn't take another FCC, especially since it hinges on the idea of a vaccine that may never materialize. Royal would have to issue refunds, and not just to us (the cabin with the kids) but also for the three other berths booked with us to enjoy a family vacation together.

Kids have died from covid also, but I’m not going to get into that. All I was saying is if Royal says everyone has to be vaccinated then people with kids will just have to wait. I also agree Royal should refund the money or give FCC to everyone involved with that family on that sibling. If a vaccine never materializes which I highly doubt Royal will eventually allow kids. Their theme park ships are built with kids in mind. 

• Like 2

I don’t know guys, remember that cute Nickelodeon show “Rugrats”?  My kids loved it and the kids in it were very well behaved.  I call my grands rugrats all the time.  Never thought it was derogatory 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

I don’t know guys, remember that cute Nickelodeon show “Rugrats”?  My kids loved it and the kids in it were very well behaved.  I call my grands rugrats all the time.  Never thought it was derogatory 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I don't think it is by itself, either. My auntie has called all of us rugrats endearingly for as long as I can remember.

7 minutes ago, lizzius said:

I don't think it is by itself, either. My auntie has called all of us rugrats endearingly for as long as I can remember.

1 hour ago, lizzius said:

🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If this is the case .... We would happily move our extended family (4 kids under 9) cruise from 2022 to 2023 if we can L/S and keep our original KSF price protection...no problem for us. We've already been delayed from 2020 to 2021 to 2022.

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

If this is the case .... We would happily move our extended family (4 kids under 9) cruise from 2022 to 2023 if we can L/S and keep our original KSF price protection...no problem for us. We've already been delayed from 2020 to 2021 to 2022.

We personally wouldn't be able to keep our group together that long... It includes a kid who graduates in 2022 (who was still in middle school when we planned it initially!).

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It's been reported that the old L/S ended on 1/31/21 and now has been replaced by a more modified version that only goes 1 week back or forward instead of the older 4 weeks either way.  Of course, things could always change on a dime.

1 minute ago, lizzius said:

We personally wouldn't be able to keep our group together that long... It includes a kid who graduates in 2022 (who was still in middle school when we planned it initially!).

No problem for us...it would work out just fine since my four grand kids are still young...we have complete flexibility as a matter of fact it's been working out great (postponing) as the youngest two are now a bit older and will have a memory of this cruise. The ones we sailed with them when they were 2 they've pretty much forgotten...but we have pictures to prove they had fun.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think this says it all. 

“Rugrats” your term. 

M8

I also call unruly kids rugrats or yard apes. I don’t see it any different than you calling Dr. Fauci as Dr. Flipflop or Dr. Who.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's been reported that the old L/S ended on 1/31/21 and now has been replaced by a more modified version that only goes 1 week back or forward instead of the older 4 weeks either way.  Of course, things could always change on a dime.

That's no problem for us...completely flexible to stay in the perimeters allowed.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Kids have died from covid also

The CDC estimated 600 kids died of the flu in the 2017-2018 flu season alone.

Number of kids that have died in 12 months of covid (essentially two flu seasons) is 200. And most of those kids had some severe pre-existing condition to which if we used the same criteria used to estimate flu deaths would be about 50.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between kids going back to school without being vaccinated vs getting on a cruise ship without being vaccinated?

Asking for a friend. 🙂

Paranoia. Not wanting to trust the science.

My son's been back in school full time since August. No masks for those 10 and under. No 6 feet of social distancing. The only major changes are extra ventilation and not letting classes mingle with other classes at recess, lunch, etc.

Zero cases of covid transmission in school and only 2 dozen cases outside of school.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between kids going back to school without being vaccinated vs getting on a cruise ship without being vaccinated?

Asking for a friend. 🙂

There would be no difference if the school that they went back to was in Grand Cayman on Monday and then Nassau on Tuesday......

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

There would be no difference if the school that they went back to was in Grand Cayman on Monday and then Nassau on Tuesday......

Or if the kids weren't tested for covid before going to school each week.

Kids are the absolute LAST demographic anyone should be worried about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Paranoia. Not wanting to trust the science.

My son's been back in school full time since August. No masks for those 10 and under. No 6 feet of social distancing. The only major changes are extra ventilation and not letting classes mingle with other classes at recess, lunch, etc.

Zero cases of covid transmission in school and only 2 dozen cases outside of school.

My grand kids have been back in school since August . Zero issues. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also call unruly kids rugrats or yard apes. I don’t see it any different than you calling Dr. Fauci as Dr. Flipflop or Dr. Who.

... Wow. Truly a relic of a different time. The debate about context with "rugrat" aside, there is no room for grace when someone uses a slur like your second offering.

Edited by lizzius
  • Like 1