RC ships with free steam rooms and saunas

I’m hoping to get an up to date list of the RC ships that still have the free steam rooms and saunas.  These are the single sex steam and saunas that are part of the men’s and women’s locker/changing rooms.

So as far as you know, do the following ships still have the free steam and saunas that are part of the locker rooms?
Adventure of the sea 
Brilliance of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

I believe the following do not have the free steam and saunas as they were removed during amplification:
Enchantment of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

And, I have no idea about the:
Liberty of the Seas, or any of the ships in the Quantum or Oasis classes

Thanks - husband loves to sauna and it is one of the “hooks” I can use to get him on a cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Unfortunately not, I think all the Voyager class do not have them anymore after the amplification, same for Freedom class.

This is not correct. 

OP I think your list is accurate and up to date. Explorer was due to be amplified and have them removed but that has been postponed for now. 

Liberty should have them assuming it wasn’t amplified. 

Oasis class do not have them. 

I don’t believe Quantum class have them either. 

5 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

This is not correct. 

OP I think your list is accurate and up to date. Explorer was due to be amplified and have them removed but that has been postponed for now. 

Liberty should have them assuming it wasn’t amplified. 

Oasis class do not have them. 

I don’t believe Quantum class have them either. 

I used the sauna on Liberty but don't remember how many years ago. I also loved the huge hot tub right near the gym.

Oasis and Quantum class do not have them but I believe they have mixed facilities than you can use for a fee.

I think all Radiance class still have them, I was most recently (well, before Covid) on Vision and Indy and they were on there, this was after indy was amped.

Thanks for your input!

So as of 2/2021, the following RC ships still have the free, single sex steam rooms and saunas that are part of the men’s and women’s locker/changing rooms:
Adventure of the Seas 
Brilliance of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

There is still a question about the Liberty of the Seas

The following no longer have the free steam rooms and saunas as they were removed during amplification:
Enchantment of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

And, the Quantum and Oasis class ships never had free, single sex saunas but may have mixed facilities for a fee

Any additional information is welcome!

33 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

And, the Quantum and Oasis class ships never had free, single sex saunas but may have mixed facilities for a fee

Any additional information is welcome!

This question was answered on another thread but both Oasis and Quantum class has pay facilities that are for both men and women that include a sauna and steam room. Everyone must wear a swim suit. There are also heated tile loungers to relax on. You can get a single day pass or a whole cruise pass for the facilities. There are separate men's and women's changing/locker rooms that have lockers, showers, toilets, lavatories but no steam or Sauna rooms.

Edited by kwokpot

I prefer the co-ed facilities. I really don’t need to see other people’s giggly bits. 

And on the Quantum and Oasis class ships, the “thermal suite” is such a disappointment compared to NCL’s spa. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Nado44 said:

This is simply not true.

Well everyone needs to be covered up. You could conceivably wear a robe with nothing underneath. 

Edit: You cannot be naked in either the steam or sauna in the co-ed facilities, which is not the case in single sex steam rooms or saunas.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, kwokpot said:

Well everyone needs to be covered up. You could conceivably wear a robe with nothing underneath. 

Edit: You cannot be naked in either the steam or sauna in the co-ed facilities, which is not the case in single sex steam rooms or saunas.

Again, this is simply not true. The misguided belief that everyone needs to be covered up is likely an North American one. In many regions around the world, being naked in a same-sex or co-ed sauna is the expected and hygienic norm. If uncomfortable being naked around others, look the other way or wear a towel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nado44 said:

Again, this is simply not true. The misguided belief that everyone needs to be covered up is likely an North American one. In many regions around the world, being naked in a same-sex or co-ed sauna is the expected and hygienic norm. If uncomfortable being naked around others, look the other way or wear a towel.

I NEVER,EVER said this applies everywhere, but it applies to Royal Caribbean ships. And please don't pigeonhole me as some anti-nudity American. You know nothing about me. I've been in many many European spas where men and women were naked and no it wasn't a sex club. But this thread is about Spa facilities on Royal Caribbean ships and what I said is CORRECT. When I'm in a mens only Sauna or steam room I don't wear a swimsuit nor do I keep wrapped up in a towel. 

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 12:14 PM, BirdTravels said:

I prefer the co-ed facilities. I really don’t need to see other people’s giggly bits. 

And on the Quantum and Oasis class ships, the “thermal suite” is such a disappointment compared to NCL’s spa. 

Yes very much agree. Especially NCL Escape and Bliss.

Ncl is also best for solo cruiser rooms

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes very much agree. Especially NCL Escape and Bliss.

Ncl is also best for solo cruiser rooms

Agreed. The spa on the Oasis Class have so much wasted space. The whole entrance area where the Vitality Cafe is located is totally wasted space. Even NCL's older Jewel Class and the one off Epic have great spas. 

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, HLR said:

I am confused by the spread sheet about Adventure of the Seas. It says

"Free" - no"

Co-Ed" - No. 

"Free and NOT Co-ed" - No. 

So is is it co-ed or not? 

Howard

They're still there on Adventure. The other info is wrong. They were only removed on Voyager and Navigator 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, kwokpot said:

Agreed. The spa on the Oasis Class have so much wasted space. The whole entrance area where the Vitality Cafe is located is totally wasted space. Even NCL's older Jewel Class and the one off Epic have great spas. 

I'm due to go on Epic in January. I've sailed Encore and Escape and love the thermal spa. How is Epic's different?

Recently I had done a b2b on Freedom.  They removed every trace of a spa and inserted inside cabins.  What a disappointment.  Nothing was there, not even a Thermal Spa.  As I love to workout and relax in the steam room facilities afterwards, I will not be going back on that ship.  Independence and Jewel  still has their seperate rooms which I personally much prefer.  Not "Royally Amplified" imho.

5 hours ago, ColbyBixby said:

I'm due to go on Epic in January. I've sailed Encore and Escape and love the thermal spa. How is Epic's different?

The main difference with Epic's Thermal Spa vs Breakaway or Breakaway Plus Class is both the Men's and Woman's Spa locker rooms have steam and sauna rooms that of course are single sex. I haven't sailed on the Breakaway Plus ships but it's safe to assume that the Epic is the last NCL ship to have single sex steam and Sauna rooms in addition to Co-ed facilities. We will see what the Leonardo Class spas have but the direction of many cruiselines is to only have co-ed spa facilities.