Laundry?

Redtravel

Regent announced that they will close self service laundry rooms because of covid. They are offering guests free laundry service on all cruises.  This presents laundry questions on Oceania and NCL.   Will Oceania close laundry rooms?  Will Oceania offer free laundry service?  The laundry rooms on O are tiny inside spaces. I would not feel safe in there. Once O sails, it might be issue for some guests

39 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Regent announced that they will close self service laundry rooms because of covid. They are offering guests free laundry service on all cruises.  This presents laundry questions on Oceania and NCL.   Will Oceania close laundry rooms?  Will Oceania offer free laundry service?  The laundry rooms on O are tiny inside spaces. I would not feel safe in there. Once O sails, it might be issue for some guests

Then send out your laundry.   It is not all that expensive.    I have no idea what Oceania will do   Here is my bottom line  I am paying many hundreds of  dollars or more a day to enjoy the ambiance of the ship.  Doing my own laundry to save a few dollars is penny wise but pound foolish to me. I may be paying up to $100 an hour for ship experience and my laundry will cost me $40 !         Not a savings to me... wash your sox and undies in the sink and send the rest out and have fun instead of fighting to get  the dryer or washer !!!      Life is short, time is valuable

• Like 6

1. Regents is a Luxury Line at a luxury cost. Free laundry for all is reasonable.

2. Oceania is a Premium line where Concierge and above gets some free laundry already. While I suspect that the laundries will be closed, I won’t speculate on it being free for all. The old “$20 for 20 pieces “ was a reasonably good deal.

3. NCL is mass market at mass market prices. I doubt they’ll see much of anything free.

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

1. Regents is a Luxury Line at a luxury cost. Free laundry for all is reasonable.

2. Oceania is a Premium line where Concierge and above gets some free laundry already. While I suspect that the laundries will be closed, I won’t speculate on it being free for all. The old “$20 for 20 pieces “ was a reasonably good deal.

3. NCL is mass market at mass market prices. I doubt they’ll see much of anything free.

FYI, for those with high loyalty status on NCL you do get a certain amount of free laundry...and for the last two years thanks to a liberal interpretation of the rules by  a ship's  general manager those of us who were on extended itineraries got all our laundry free. I'm not sure they'll be that liberal post pandemic however.

When Noro is onboard  they have free laundry service to all  so maybe  covid restrictions will be the same deal

We still have no idea what the cruises will be like  post covid

Once start up starts I am sure there will be  a list of do's & don'ts

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Then send out your laundry.   It is not all that expensive.    I have no idea what Oceania will do   Here is my bottom line  I am paying many hundreds of  dollars or more a day to enjoy the ambiance of the ship.  Doing my own laundry to save a few dollars is penny wise but pound foolish to me. I may be paying up to $100 an hour for ship experience and my laundry will cost me $40 !         Not a savings to me... wash your sox and undies in the sink and send the rest out and have fun instead of fighting to get  the dryer or washer !!!      Life is short, time is valuable

I was not particularly pleased with the quality of the laundry when it returned. But I'm called the "Laundry Queen" so I guess I'm pretty picky.