Mini-Suite Club Class

dave_k58

If your category is M1 or M6 then it is a club class mini suite. If it is MA, MB, MC, ME, or MF it is a mini suite but not a club class mini suite and does not come with club class dining or other club class amenities. Most mini suites have covered balconies 9ft x 4ft. Some have larger angled balconies. The M6 mini suites forward on deck 15 and 16 have very large uncovered balconies. Check out the deck plans here.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, dave_k58 said:

We have booked a Min-Suite Club Class on the Sky - but I don't think the cabin we have is listed as a club class.  Is there a place on the website that I can tell for sure?

Are all the Mini-Suite balconies covered?

Thanks

On the older ships the Club class minis can be over looked from above. Not too sure on Royal class, as we haven't booked one there. Be sure to check your info. sheet you should have gotten from your TA or online. It will state whether you're in Club class. If you say you booked it, it should show you, but make sure. I feel the perks are worth it. On the Star last Feb. the food was really quite a letdown except the Ultimate balcony dinner, which was outstanding. I feel on  the Royal class, the food & variety is much better. It was on our Regal trip some years back. You should check deck plans on your balcony. On Royal ships they do vary in size.

We booked an M6 corner stateroom for our Enchanted Princess sailing.  If you can switch over to one of those forward rooms...do so.  Having that huge balcony on the bow of the ship was fantastic.  We arranged for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner when we were at port one evening and it was delightful.  We have previously sailed in this stateroom type and absolutely loved it.  In fact, we will only sail on Princess in this room category.  Club class dining was perfect for us.  We had the same waitstaff for the entire week and the service was amazing.  

8 hours ago, Nashna said:

We booked an M6 corner stateroom for our Enchanted Princess sailing.  If you can switch over to one of those forward rooms...do so.  Having that huge balcony on the bow of the ship was fantastic.  We arranged for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner when we were at port one evening and it was delightful.  We have previously sailed in this stateroom type and absolutely loved it.  In fact, we will only sail on Princess in this room category.  Club class dining was perfect for us.  We had the same waitstaff for the entire week and the service was amazing.  

Not sure but are those the cabins that you can not go outside once the ship's underway? I guess from the "wind" from the ship underway. It certainly does have a huge balcony that wraps around. I do hear it books quick, so they must keep you in mind!

17 hours ago, rbtan said:

On the Star last Feb. the food was really quite a letdown except the Ultimate balcony dinner, which was outstanding. I feel on  the Royal class, the food & variety is much better.

All past experience with food does not necessarily apply to the future.

With over a year of no sailing, when cruising resumes the staff, from the Executive Chef to the line cooks), even if with previous Princess experience, will be out of practice.

Quality will vary and may not be the same as pre-pandemic.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

All past experience with food does not necessarily apply to the future.

With over a year of no sailing, when cruising resumes the staff, from the Executive Chef to the line cooks), even if with previous Princess experience, will be out of practice.

Quality will vary and may not be the same as pre-pandemic.

I certainly hope quality will be better. It was quite a letdown last year.

We always try to book mini suites, but we’ve not sailed in Club Class.  The cost between the two is crazy.  We could eat in a specialty restaurant every night and still have money left over.  The cabins are identical, except for the huge balconies on the ones forward facing.  Am I missing something?  Is the  Club Class dining in the MDR better than the specialty restaurants?  For our upcoming 11 night on Enchanted, the cost would be an extra $1000.00!   

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We always try to book mini suites, but we’ve not sailed in Club Class.  The cost between the two is crazy.  We could eat in a specialty restaurant every night and still have money left over.  The cabins are identical, except for the huge balconies on the ones forward facing.  Am I missing something?  Is the  Club Class dining in the MDR better than the specialty restaurants?  For our upcoming 11 night on Enchanted, the cost would be an extra $1000.00!   

The food is exactly the same as what is served in the MDR, with the exception of one "specialty" dish (usually pasta - big deal).

The only value is not having to wait to be seated for a meal; you'll receive a split of really bad bubbly wine; and you get priority boarding (no bigly if you're already elite).

Save your $$$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The food is exactly the same as what is served in the MDR, with the exception of one "specialty" dish (usually pasta - big deal).

The only value is not having to wait to be seated for a meal; you'll receive a split of really bad bubbly wine; and you get priority boarding (no bigly if you're already elite).

Save your $$$.

Thanks for your honesty.  My DH said recently that we should consider upgrading to CC if it’s so much better than our standard mini.  You just made the decision a no brainer.  We’ll do MDR with a few dinners at Sabatini’s and Crown Grill.  The savings will pay for our excursions.  Can’t wait til 2022!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

and you get priority boarding (no bigly if you're already elite).

And that is only of value if you check-in before boarding has started.

If Covid-19 measures end up with enforced assigned check-in times, then priority boarding is of no value at all.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rbtan said:

Not sure but are those the cabins that you can not go outside once the ship's underway? I guess from the "wind" from the ship underway. It certainly does have a huge balcony that wraps around. I do hear it books quick, so they must keep you in mind!

Our only experience in that stateroom was for Caribbean winter cruises. The balcony can become quite breezy when the ship is underway.  However, the deck is wrapped around and we could always go out and sit on the side if it was too windy on the forward deck.  We never were restricted from using the balcony on our sailings.    Our only restriction was that the balcony lights could not be on when the ship was sailing as the lighting would interfer with the bridge.  We were happy with the restriction as the lack of lights allowed us to better see the stars.  M108 is actually two rooms.  It features a sliding glass door on the sitting room side, around the corner is the bedroom which offers a large picture window.  Since there were no lights outside, we would sleep with the drapes open and had a beautiful view of the stars.  The first time we sailed in this stateroom, we booked the cruise just before Club Class was first offered.  So, we were delighted to receive the notice that our stateroom had been upgraded to Club Class at no cost to us.  The travel gods smiled on us for that voyage.  Once we stayed in that stateroom, and had a fantastic experience in Club Class dining, we were totally spoiled.  

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

Club class dining is awesome

Please tell me more.  Apparently, the menu is exactly the same as the standard MDR menu with one nightly addition.  Also, you can just walk in and go to your table.  Do you think you enjoyed it more than going to the specialty restaurants?  For us, I just don’t know enough to justify the extra cost over and above our regular mini suite.  Thank you for the information.

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Please tell me more.  Apparently, the menu is exactly the same as the standard MDR menu with one nightly addition.  Also, you can just walk in and go to your table.  Do you think you enjoyed it more than going to the specialty restaurants?  For us, I just don’t know enough to justify the extra cost over and above our regular mini suite.  Thank you for the information.

I enjoy Club Class dining.  You still need to wait in line to be seated.  Tables are limited and getting a "window" table necessitated being in line before the doors open.  If you are not picky, generally you will be seated right away or within 15 minutes if you come later.  

I have made my requests be known (wait staff) and never had trouble being seated in their section.  Once I came too late, was placed in someone else's section, but my waiter came over to take my order and attend to my needs.  

There's more than just one pasta dish a night.  I've had guacamole/chips for lunch, requested it again for dinner, and asked for it to be served to me the next day.  Yes, it was that good.  One night we had lobster Thermidor.  Some of the desserts are special to CC dining.  I like the service and food options in Club Class dining.  

26 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I enjoy Club Class dining.  You still need to wait in line to be seated.  Tables are limited and getting a "window" table necessitated being in line before the doors open.  If you are not picky, generally you will be seated right away or within 15 minutes if you come later.  

I have made my requests be known (wait staff) and never had trouble being seated in their section.  Once I came too late, was placed in someone else's section, but my waiter came over to take my order and attend to my needs.  

There's more than just one pasta dish a night.  I've had guacamole/chips for lunch, requested it again for dinner, and asked for it to be served to me the next day.  Yes, it was that good.  One night we had lobster Thermidor.  Some of the desserts are special to CC dining.  I like the service and food options in Club Class dining.  

Sounds good, but for $500.00 per person for 11 nights, we just cannot justify the cost.  For $1000.00 we can eat in a specialty restaurant every night and pay for  most  of our excursions.  Thank goodness, we all have lots of options to fit our personal preferences.  I’m glad you enjoy Club Class dinning and I wish you many more cruises to enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sounds good, but for $500.00 per person for 11 nights, we just cannot justify the cost.  For $1000.00 we can eat in a specialty restaurant every night and pay for  most  of our excursions.  Thank goodness, we all have lots of options to fit our personal preferences.  I’m glad you enjoy Club Class dinning and I wish you many more cruises to enjoy it!

That is one of the great reasons for cruising with Princess.  There are LOTS of meal options available for every passenger.  I am fortunate that I cruise solo but do not pay the solo price since I've found someone that shares this cost with me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Most of the special dishes were excellent. We usually have the same waiters for every dinner. Excellent service and no wait. Never felt we were getting very good service in anytime  Plus the waiters in club class can cut the line in the kitchen so you get faster service. Most speciality restaurants serve way to big portions  1or 2 over a 14 day cruise

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I see your point on cost. For us we develop a good repour with the staff. The attention to detail is greater in Club Class as there are fewer tables. We found the specialty restaurants really not to have outstanding food. It's better, but not in our opinion as good as in Celebrity. Celebrity's specialties do cost quite a bit more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbtan said:

I see your point on cost. For us we develop a good repour with the staff. The attention to detail is greater in Club Class as there are fewer tables. We found the specialty restaurants really not to have outstanding food. It's better, but not in our opinion as good as in Celebrity. Celebrity's specialties do cost quite a bit more.

We sail primarily with Celebrity.  Their specialty restaurants are very nice, but at $60.00 per person we feel they’re overpriced.  We found the food on Edge in the  MDR was excellent, so never went to a specialty restaurant.

We think the MDR food on Princess is consistently good, but we like Crown Grill and Sabatinis, too.  We never have a problem establishing a good rapport with our waitstaff in Traditional Dining, but it would be very challenging in Anytime Dining.

13 hours ago, memoak said:

Most of the special dishes were excellent. We usually have the same waiters for every dinner. Excellent service and no wait. Never felt we were getting very good service in anytime  Plus the waiters in club class can cut the line in the kitchen so you get faster service. Most speciality restaurants serve way to big portions  1or 2 over a 14 day cruise

I agree, Anytime Dining can be  hit and miss for service.  We usually book late seating in Traditional Dining and find the service to be excellent.  Having the same waitstaff every evening really can make a difference.  We honestly enjoy the food in the MDR and never experienced any big issues with food or service.