Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

5 minutes ago, strickers said:

7th July is £79.80, probably because there are no ports of call. 

wow Thats steep. My 2 Jewel cruises are £44,84 as well.

Don't think I've ever seen it that expensive

7 minutes ago, bigeck said:

wow Thats steep. My 2 Jewel cruises are £44,84 as well.

Don't think I've ever seen it that expensive

Just gearing myself up to pay it, can’t complain too much because we won the cabin. 

7 minutes ago, strickers said:

Just gearing myself up to pay it, can’t complain too much because we won the cabin. 

Trust me, you didn't win this. You earned it. It's great to see royal doing this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Trust me, you didn't win this. You earned it. It's great to see royal doing this.

Thanks. It’s Mrs S that earned it really, she’s been working throughout and has now administered 1200 vaccines. I’ve been doing some volunteering during the clinics as a marshall and both daughters are nurses too. It’s been a tough year, as long as Boris doesn’t derail it we will be sailing on Mrs A’s birthday!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this has been answered already. We are originally booked on the Norwegian fjords departing 5/9/21. This week we booked 29/8/21 as well both be vaccinated. We’re hoping to do a B2B is this currently allowed? 

1 hour ago, strickers said:

You could always go 'pay as you go'

I'm OK with the included drinks during the day, iced flavoured water, tea, coffee etc. Though I do have my three diamond drinks in the evening now, even before we were Diamond we didn't bother with the package.  Don't forget you can take two bottles of wine on board and they often have specials or drinks of the day which are cheaper 

BTW congrats on winning the cruise and thank you to your family for everything they have done during the last year

Edited by sgmn

7 hours ago, little britain said:

The swapping of the crew is to do with USA visas.  Crew on Odyssey who do not have US visas will be transferred to Anthem. And any Anthem crew who have US visas will transfer to Odyssey. Odyssey will then sail to USA 

Except Anthem is also scheduled to sail to the US in October.   We're supposed to be on the October 20th TA, though that's questionable. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Except Anthem is also scheduled to sail to the US in October.   We're supposed to be on the October 20th TA, though that's questionable. 

Correction.   See that Odyssey is being pulled from Israel sailing and heading to Florida so switching out crew makes sense.

7 hours ago, Jimmy_g88 said:

Not sure if this has been answered already. We are originally booked on the Norwegian fjords departing 5/9/21. This week we booked 29/8/21 as well both be vaccinated. We’re hoping to do a B2B is this currently allowed? 

No, B2Bs are not allowed until the end of August according to UK head guy on the last coffee morning chat. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Emmm their 2nd cruise is in sep....

I can read their dates.
My point is he said nothing allowed until Sept which implies that you can start a B2B in Sept ( if the rules change) but not before. 
Something to do with needing negative test 72hrs before sailing, which is a bit tricky if you’re on the ship already...?

Just reporting what they said. 

On 5/16/2021 at 5:19 AM, little britain said:

No, B2Bs are not allowed until the end of August according to UK head guy on the last coffee morning chat. Sorry. 

How can i join the coffee morning chats?

Today’s the day!!  Cruising resumes from the UK with the brand new MSC Virtuosa bring the first to take to the waters!!  Due to government regulations she will carry a maximum of 1000 passengers until June 21. 
There is a strict hour window for checkin/ testing. 
The first few short cruises are to nowhere ( weather forecast for this weekend is terrible in the Channel with 50mph winds 🌊) then June 5th is the first cruise to Liverpool and Greenock with passengers boarding in these ports too. 
In bocca al lupo MSC!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

4-6 July?   What tier are you? 

I got the invite for a complementary balcony and I'm only diamond! Unfortunately can't go due to other colleagues already being off work. Shame as I would've been up for it.

Guest BigRoger

You got to love RC….. a model of consistency for….. inconsistency… I’m sure they are currently loving all the free PR that MSC are getting…. ‘Limited appeal’