Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

On 4/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

They've just offered free cabins to Bluelight card holders too - well a draw, but if you're both holders like we are then there's double the chance!

Rules did state only one entrant per household but not sure how they'll enforce that... 🙂 Fingers crossed to all others taking part

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Beep beep..., here comes another one!

Marella to sail British cruises on two ships from Southampton and Newcastle for under £450 a person for three nights, all inclusive

We have cruised twice on the old old ships with them , theatre / show lounge entertainment  was one of the best at sea but that is too expensive to me for three nights  especially , I am assuming , for an inside cabin, not many balconies on their ships.

Edited by heatherb1958

2 hours ago, SD449 said:

Are you allowed to get off at the ports?

Or is it paid excursions only?

Unknown, it's not been stated. I imagine because it's domestic that you will be able to explore. The excursions for Liverpool are Beatle themed and there is a Giants Causeway one for Belfast amongst others. Not sure about Greenock and Kirkwall as I am not on a cruise that calls at them.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:06 AM, heatherb1958 said:

We have cruised twice on the old old ships with them , theatre / show lounge entertainment  was one of the best at sea but that is too expensive to me for three nights  especially , I am assuming , for an inside cabin, not many balconies on their ships.

The ships Marella has left in their fleet are the former Legend and Splendor of the Seas and Celebrity Century and Galaxy.

16 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

The ships Marella has left in their fleet are the former Legend and Splendor of the Seas and Celebrity Century and Galaxy.

Thanks for that  but yes I knew too , we had been on Dream and Celebration which is why I said the old old ships 😆.

We had the honour of being on the Legend’s final RCI cruise and met one of the operations managers from TUI at the key handing over ceremony . I have photos of a wonderful send off they gave Legend . They still don’t have a lot of balconies with the current fleet 😊. TUI refused the offer of Vision of the seas because she had not been upgraded like Splendour and Legend when they converted deck 6 OVs into balconies many years ago. I had that info on good authority from one of the HDs at RCI. 

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

Disney just changed their rules for UK sailing and said vaccinated over 18s only: and Negative PCR tests for under 18s

I did see P&O were reconsidering starting before the end of August

10 hours ago, little britain said:

Disney just changed their rules for UK sailing and said vaccinated over 18s only: and Negative PCR tests for under 18s

They’ve also put some really bizarre onboard suggestions in regards to mask wearing. “Actively eating and drinking” so sitting at the dining table with masks on whilst waiting? I’m not sure they’re going to sell many with that language online 

We have a food and wine cruise booked on Anthem around the 12th of September out of Southampton. Two questions: we are Americans. Do you think it will be a "go" for  us?  RCI announced this month that everyone will have to have a covid test 48 to 72 hours before sailing, but we booked a flight and hotel package two days ahead. How can we get a test in London and get the results back in time?

We are fully vaccinated.

Disney UK cruises 😂 stationary 

• Face Coverings: Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 11 and up) and crew members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking, or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

• Face Coverings: Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 11 and up) and crew members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking, or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

Sounds like fun - not !!

3 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

Scratching my head at why the bold and laughing face at stationary 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, profdot said:

We have a food and wine cruise booked on Anthem around the 12th of September out of Southampton. Two questions: we are Americans. Do you think it will be a "go" for  us?  RCI announced this month that everyone will have to have a covid test 48 to 72 hours before sailing, but we booked a flight and hotel package two days ahead. How can we get a test in London and get the results back in time?

We are fully vaccinated.

I’m on this cruise as well.  Just curious where you heard that everyone will need a Covid test 48 to 72 hours before sailing? I have not heard or seen this anywhere.  Are you sure it’s not a UK requirement?

On 4/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, profdot said:

We are fully vaccinated.

Z