Vaccine Requirement News

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My comment was directed more at the anti-maskers than the anti-vaxxers. Public health measures have been thwarted by certain groups which have put us behind the 8 ball from the beginning of this pandemic.

I’ve said from the beginning, be responsible for yourself. We have NO mask mandate in Florida and haven’t for some time. Individual businesses and local governments may have one but our Governor has mandated no fines for non compliance. Businesses may trespass you for non compliance. If there is a group you feel uncomfortable with, avoid them. 

Your signature indicates you are in Florida. 

M8

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve said from the beginning, be responsible for yourself. We have NO mask mandate in Florida and haven’t for some time. Individual businesses and local governments may have one but our Governor has mandated no fines for non compliance. Businesses may trespass you for non compliance. If there is a group you feel uncomfortable with, avoid them. 

Your signature indicates you are in Florida. 

M8

Yes, I'm in central Florida and I live in the largest over 55 golf cart community in the world. We seniors have done it right for the most part. Of course, there are those who defy the CDC guidelines but that will happen everywhere. We do have a very high compliance of those guidelines simply because we are the most vulnerable if we contract Covid.

I feel I am extremely lucky living in this area because the local merchants know their demographic. Our local merchants have required masks and mandate their employees wear masks. That makes me feel safer so I have been out and about during this pandemic even though our governor never mandated universal masking and shuttered businesses for only a very short time.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

People should have a choice and shouldn’t be criticized for their choice. 

Our choice was to get vaccinated.

As this is a Cruising site, if Cruise lines decide to mandate vaccines, those that choose not to vaccinate, don’t cruise. 

M8

Totally agree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

Over 1 million vaccines have been given so far in the US. I am sure if people were dying from it, the media would be all over it.

Actually, the CDC is reporting deaths after people have received the vaccine. There is no cause yet determined. Last I looked was like 1400 out of the millions vaccinated. .0018%

I think the benefit outweighs the risk. 

We are both vaccinated and would do it again. 

M8

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritsAbroad said:

Damn site more people dying without it. Plus the extra mutations spreading and increasing in strength because people believe 'opinion' over science. Look at Brazil today. Low vaccinations & the virus left to run in the population has meant the latest mutation has Hospitals overflowing & having to leave people to die in corridoors untreated. Increasing mutations causing even more pain to their economy and community. Thats everyones (ever worsening) future unless we get a grip on this. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/13/brazil-covid-coronavirus-deaths-cases-bolsonaro-lula?CMP=share_btn_tw  And on Astra Zeneca. People get ill everyday. If they get ill after a vaccination....doesn't mean its the vaccination. It'll get peer reviewed by 'many' different countries to verify its not the vaccine. Theres a lot of politics in this because Astra's vaccination is by far the cheapest....and many companies would rather their 10x more expensive doses be used.... Stay safe!

If this was a bio release, then it was science that created it. Trust is difficult in a nation that professional news people have become surrogates of the National Enquirer. Putting their thumbs in the air using their political views as the truth.

20 hours ago, cruise_co said:

My first question to any contractor will be whether their employees are vaccinated or not. We won't be hiring anyone to come into our house that is not vaccinated.  So, if their employees are not vaccinated, I will move on to the next contractor.  On our local social media sites, this seems to be the consensus that customers are going to want their contractors vaccinated. Note: I am sure the demand for vaccinated workers is different in other parts of the country.

I'm curious... did you ask contractors before this if they were vaccinated against smallpox, polio, measles, anything?  

• Like 1

No, I won't go. I think they might require vaccines at first, and I think they'll initially find a lot of vaccinated people to cruise. But long term, if you think about the number of people who won't even get the flu vaccine (about 55%), the cruise lines are eliminating half of the people who will cruise by requiring it. Some people just aren't going to take them because they want no part of any entity dictating what they put in their body, others are wary of a vaccine rushed through so quickly, etc. So at first, it might work to only let on vaccinated passengers, but long term, the cruise lines will let go of that requirement so they can recuperate their losses from being out of commission for so long. And to those of you who enjoy making jokes about people who won't get it, do you wonder why you don't get more people saying they won't get it? Why bother, you've used the masking and vaccinations as a way to showcase your virtue, people pick up on that, they don't want to deal with you.

Edited by Mariketa
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Actually, the CDC is reporting deaths after people have received the vaccine. There is no cause yet determined. Last I looked was like 1400 out of the millions vaccinated. .0018%

I think the benefit outweighs the risk. 

We are both vaccinated and would do it again. 

M8

Every death within a certain time frame after receiving the Covid vaccine, the death is investigated, including medical records of the deceased. So far there have been no deaths directly related to the Covid vaccines that has been reported. 

No links found between vaccination and deaths

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Every death within a certain time frame after receiving the Covid vaccine, the death is investigated, including medical records of the deceased. So far there have been no deaths directly related to the Covid vaccines that has been reported. 

No links found between vaccination and deaths

Unfortunately, you quoted a media site. Not sure I trust them. Use the CDC site. 

The media can say what they want but you should get your data from the CDC. 

M8

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruise_co said:

My first question to any contractor will be whether their employees are vaccinated or not. We won't be hiring anyone to come into our house that is not vaccinated.  So, if their employees are not vaccinated, I will move on to the next contractor.  On our local social media sites, this seems to be the consensus that customers are going to want their contractors vaccinated. Note: I am sure the demand for vaccinated workers is different in other parts of the country.

Your choice of course but if you need something very specific done it might be hard to find.  Right now it everyone is having work done so it is hard enough just finding someone to do the work at all.  My husband had to wait 2 months to get his big building put up.  I had contractors in and out of my house all last March and April redoing my kitchen and bath.  It worked out well since that was the time I was always home because of the lockdowns and it was at the very beginning so they were not completely booked yet.  Having had my vaccinations I really don't care if anyone else has theirs or not just like I have never cared if others have had any of the other vaccinations offered for other illnesses.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Well over 101 million doses administered 

I meant 100 million. It is like Dr Fauci yesterday on a news show saying Trump pregnancy instead of Trump presidency. The anchor didnt blink at the gaffe and neither did Fauci, lol

Edited by sugcarol

9 hours ago, coffeebean said:

IMHO, our public health system is the best in the world. What is not so great is the compliance we have here in America. Too many people resist the public health measures that are in place to keep us as safe as possible. Think of all the anti this, the anti that and the anti everything we have here in this country. We are embarrassing on the world stage, I'm afraid to say. No wonder why we have one of the worst outcomes from this pandemic.

I am sure that Dr. Fauci saying that if we are very compliant and behave we might all get to have a small gathering in the backyard for July 4th will get everyone to behave to your standards.  We do have a very good health system in this country.  Maybe if everyone being compliant is important to someone they might look for a different country to live in because I don't think or hope that it will happen in America.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Unfortunately, you quoted a media site. Not sure I trust them. Use the CDC site. 

M8

I did not see any articles from the CDC concerning deaths after vaccination. Reuters is a very reliable source. Here is a report from Reuters....

No evidence the vaccine caused fatalities in Israel

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm curious... did you ask contractors before this if they were vaccinated against smallpox, polio, measles, anything?  

We are in the middle of a global pandemic with Covid, NOT smallpox, polio or measles. That was a silly question. I'm sure you were trying to make a point but the point was pointless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I did not see any articles from the CDC concerning deaths after vaccination. Reuters is a very reliable source. Here is a report from Reuters....

CDC doesn’t track Israel. The CDC site on last update I saw listing 1400 deaths after getting one of the 3 vaccines. Not using the media as a source. Sorry

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Here. Use this link. The number is now 1600 but very small in relationship to the number of vaccines given. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

CDC doesn’t track Israel. The CDC site on last update I saw listing 1400 deaths after getting one of the 3 vaccines. Not using the media as a source. Sorry

Have any of those reported 1400 deaths been directly caused by any of our vaccines?

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

We are in the middle of a global pandemic with Covid, NOT smallpox, polio or measles. That was a silly question. I'm sure you were trying to make a point but the point was pointless.

If you're vaccinated, why does it matter if your contractors are?  I swear people have thrown logic out the window with this. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

There are a large number of people here in Alabama, especially in the Black community, who would probably believe anyone in the media, even CNN,  over the CDC because of a ‘study’ conducted in Macon County Alabama that ran from 1932 to 1972 by the United States Public Health Service and what is now Tuskegee University. The study is referred to as the “Tuskegee Syphilis Study” among other names, and involved a large number black males that were misled to believe they were being treatment for the disease while the actual purpose of the 'study' was to observe the natural course of untreated syphilis and no treatment was provided. It has also been cited as a contributing factor to the distrust in medical science and the US Government among African Americans and may be a contributing factor the low COVID-19 vaccination rate in the Black Community in Alabama. There was even an hour long town hall style presentation by ‘experts’, medical personnel and community leaders held in Tuskegee from 11AM to Noon back  on March 11th to encourage people to get vaccinated, ease the concerns about the vaccine and dispel false information circulating about the vaccine; that was broadcast live on WFSA TV.

For the record, I became eligible to get the vaccine on February 8th and received my 1s dose of the Pfizer vaccine on February 11th and got the 2nd dose on March 4th.

Rick

Edited by LeeRB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LeeRB said:

There are a large number of people here in Alabama, especially in the Black community, who would probably believe anyone in the media, even CNN,  over the CDC because of a ‘study’ conducted in Macon County Alabama that ran from 1932 to 1972 by the United States Public Health Service and what is now Tuskegee University. The study is referred to as the “Tuskegee Syphilis Study” among other names, and involved a large number black males that were misled to believe they were being treatment for the disease while the actual purpose of the 'study' was to observe the natural course of untreated syphilis and no treatment was provided. It has also been cited as a contributing factor to the distrust in medical science and the US Government among African Americans and may be a contributing factor the low COVID-19 vaccination rate in the Black Community in Alabama. There was even an hour long town hall style presentation by ‘experts’, medical personnel and community leaders held in Tuskegee from 11AM to Noon back  on March 11th to encourage people to get vaccinated, ease the concerns about the vaccine and dispel false information circulating about the vaccine; that was broadcast live on WFSA TV.

For the record, I became eligible to get the vaccine on February 8th and received my 1s dose of the Pfizer vaccine on February 11th and got the 2nd dose on March 4th.

Rick

I’m aware of the Tuskegee Study and the fear it still carries in that community.