Transferring deposit to another cruise

fizzy1

Morning all .Question . If we cancel a cruise for Feb next year and rebook a cruise for April will we loose deposit already  paid or can we just transfer it to new cruise? If we can what is the best way to do it. We are in UK . Thanks

39 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

Morning all .Question . If we cancel a cruise for Feb next year and rebook a cruise for April will we loose deposit already  paid or can we just transfer it to new cruise? If we can what is the best way to do it. We are in UK . Thanks

Do not cancel your cruise, phone Celebrity and ask them to transfer your deposit to the cruise you now want. If you booked through a TA they need to do this for you.

If you are Captains Club Elite or above this is free of charge otherwise the cost is £75 for the first two guests on the booking. This fee applies to any change (date, ship, named guests). 

If you are booking a more expensive cruise or upgrading to a higher category of cabin then worth asking if they will waiver the fee....nothing to loose by asking!

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

I have just moved a cruise date from 2021 to another one in 2022. We didn't lose our deposit & also didn't have to pay any extra fee's -  we are Elite Captains Club members. It might be worth giving Celebrity a call to see if you will incur extra charges if you aren't Elite members

Edited by lydnsyd

2 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

Thanks all . Now what i forgot to add, which might change things, we cancelled our Caribbean last Dec and took our deposit as FCC. Will we still br able to transfer?

Not done this but I cannot see any reason why not...Celebrity would much prefer to keep a booking for ££££ than just gain your deposit money. 

If you have booked through a TA make sure they understand you want to transfer and not cancel and rebook...

• Thanks 1

Good question as we too were considering this option. We have three cabins booked on an Argentina and Chile sailing for February 2022. Originally scheduled to be on the Silhouette but now on the Infinity as they switched ships. We aren’t happy with Infinity and are thinking of maybe transferring to the Millennium Panama Canal sailing in April 2022. 

Just remember there are several different conditions involved.  North America / UK / Australia booking conditions,  refundable / non refundable deposits,  and in some conditions NRD and sailing dates as the $100 pp penalty will be waived in certain situations but not others.

I am in UK and was told that Elite C.C members can move a booking once, free of charge, thereafter the charge is £75.p.p.

This was before Covid and didn’t include FCC, which might change the T&C.

55 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I am in UK and was told that Elite C.C members can move a booking once, free of charge, thereafter the charge is £75.p.p.

This was before Covid and didn’t include FCC, which might change the T&C.

If I were you, I would give them a call.  This was the case, we actually did it, but so much has changed with Covid.  Having said that, Celebrity UK have been offering some very good flexible terms.  We were able to transfer our November 2020 cruises to similar ones in November this year without charge and retaining all our benefits (eg drinks, OBC, tips, etc).  And a recent booking for Aus/NZ is also offering multiple changes where necessary without charge.  You'll also find it is the only way to get your free one cabin grade upgrade.  The only frustration I've found with Celebrity in the UK is their failure to offer cruises that are not "all inclusive".  We are Elite Plus, which gave free speciality coffees, 2 hours free drinks in the evening and 240 minutes free wifi.  But now that, and more, is available to everyone.  There is no longer as much reason to be loyal to one cruise line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prish said:

Good question as we too were considering this option. We have three cabins booked on an Argentina and Chile sailing for February 2022. Originally scheduled to be on the Silhouette but now on the Infinity as they switched ships. We aren’t happy with Infinity and are thinking of maybe transferring to the Millennium Panama Canal sailing in April 2022. 

Really chuffed . Just phoned Celebrity . All done. No fee. Booked fab stateroom on new  cruise, great deal. Fab service only waited a few mins . Very happy 

2 hours ago, Kellyblue said:

If I were you, I would give them a call.  This was the case, we actually did it, but so much has changed with Covid.  Having said that, Celebrity UK have been offering some very good flexible terms.  We were able to transfer our November 2020 cruises to similar ones in November this year without charge and retaining all our benefits (eg drinks, OBC, tips, etc).  And a recent booking for Aus/NZ is also offering multiple changes where necessary without charge.  You'll also find it is the only way to get your free one cabin grade upgrade.  The only frustration I've found with Celebrity in the UK is their failure to offer cruises that are not "all inclusive".  We are Elite Plus, which gave free speciality coffees, 2 hours free drinks in the evening and 240 minutes free wifi.  But now that, and more, is available to everyone.  There is no longer as much reason to be loyal to one cruise line.

Really pleased . Just phoned them and no fee to change cruise. Fab stateroom booked on good deal . Wonderful service and only waited a few mins on phone  too . Very happy  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just remember there are several different conditions involved.  North America / UK / Australia booking conditions,  refundable / non refundable deposits,  and in some conditions NRD and sailing dates as the $100 pp penalty will be waived in certain situations but not others.

Thanks for info xx Really chuffed as just phoned them . All done. No fee. Great stateroom booked . Fab deal and wonderful service . Only had to wait a fee mins to talk . Very happy

1 hour ago, fizzy1 said:

Thanks for info xx Really chuffed as just phoned them . All done. No fee. Great stateroom booked . Fab deal and wonderful service . Only had to wait a fee mins to talk . Very happy

So pleased for you...Once you experience this level of flexibility/service it makes you far more confident (even in these difficult time) to commit to future cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

So pleased for you...Once you experience this level of flexibility/service it makes you far more confident (even in these difficult time) to commit to future cruises.

I have done this 3x and have not been penalized in any instance.  I find Celebrity reps to be extremely helpful.

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

All the posters are from the UK.  Best for North American posters to let them sort it out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

And the topic is not "Transferring Deposit to Another Cruise in the UK" which is maybe what it should have been.   I was pointing out the answer depends on the specifics and your mileage my vary.

Yes we know, the topic titled Transferring deposit to another cruise.  No country was mentioned but several of us seem to have done it successfully with Celebrity.  I in the US and several others in UK have had positive results, my specifics were I got a good result, seems others did as well.  What is with mileage may vary, I am not buying a car here.

It seems that the UK and AUS/AZ, have different rules regarding booking/cancellations/gratuities/deposits , etc., so I normally refrain from responding to these queries as those travel agents handle bookings differently from the U.S.