Embarkation Terminals in Port Everglades

bluejayway327

Has anyone ever sailed out of a different terminal than 25 in Port Everglades?

For our cruise on Jan 9th 2022 on the Equinox, we don’t think we’ll get terminal 25 because the Edge also leaves Port Everglades on the 9th. The Odyssey of the Seas also leaves that day, so 18 may be out as well. 

1) What other terminals does Celebrity/Royal use in Port Everglades? 

2) Are there suite-only check-in areas? Suite-only security lines?

We LOVED that process in terminal 25 because of how quick and easy and not crowded it was. 

During the 25+ years I have sailed with Celebrity I believe we have departed from other terminals. My feeling right now is I would be super glad to be leaving from ANY terminal!

P.S. We are also on the Equinox January 9, 2022 as the first leg of a B2B.

Edited by Cruising is my passion
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

For our cruise on Jan 9th 2022 on the Equinox, we don’t think we’ll get terminal 25 because the Edge also leaves Port Everglades on the 9th. The Odyssey of the Seas also leaves that day, so 18 may be out as well. 

We LOVED that process in terminal 25 because of how quick and easy and not crowded it was. 

On a good note, got plenty of time to think about it, and let it sort out prior to next cruise

9 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but Terminal 25 is in a terrible location.  Since the airport is so close, we typically just grab a taxi for the trip back to the airport but in order for a taxi to reach Terminal 25 it passes by every other terminal at Port Everglades before it would reach Terminal 25.   The result is that not many taxis reach Terminal 25 on days when the port is operating near capacity and the taxi line is just horrendous.  The Uber/Lyft area isn't much better.  This is just a terrible way to end a cruise and I would not try to make an early flight from Terminal 25 on days when there are a lot of ships in port.  Check the port schedule before you make your flight reservations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

We usually sail out of Terminal 25.  We have also sailed out of 18.  Last year, we sailed out of 25 and returned to 21.  

There has been a suite check-in to the left as you enter 25.  

Nicest one we  used was right near Convention center entrance to port.

This was on two post  Holiday cruises and there was limited service with the usual X  terminals.  I think Princess used it mostly.  Easy outdoor parking right in front and next to a parking garage.  Easy walk to check in and a breeze at disembark.  You,d be lucky to get that.   

Worst is EDGE new terminal..stuck out of the way

Continued. 

EDGE  lot is  far walk from ots parking garage across a busy road.. very bad in hot sun or rain with your luggage.

Royal,s Terminal for Oasis was great.. right across frim  nain parking garGr..easy pesy.  Confirtable waiting areas, modern and efficient!

No  Choice where u will be so check our your situation ahead of time. .Be happy if you leave and return to the same  pier!

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I have only sailed once on Edge and in a suite.  Terminal 25 was built for Edge and it has a great check-in and waiting area upstairs for suite passengers.

But not so great for the rest of us!

It is modern  and easy check in 

But for waiting  hard metal benches...poorly organized when we sailed...and no real priority for E plus or AQ.. Concierge did  well b/c of the  luncheon..

About a week out, check the Port Everglades site for the harbormaster report. I've seen terminal assignments change right up to the day before departure. There will always be a separate check-in line for suites and a dedicated seating area, but T25's probably the only one where it's a whole separate part of the building (that I've ever seen, anyway.)

I've been in and out of every terminal, from 2 to 29, with Princess, Holland and Celebrity. The only one I completely despise is 29, the farthest away from the main harbor. It's distant, tiny, ugly and we always say "UGH" when we see our ship assigned there. But since you don't really have a choice, we just figure on an hour or so of aggravation, and it'll be over. The others are various sizes and configurations; with Celebrity I've been in 4, 18 (often), 21 and the new T25. While 25's new and flashy, we thought it was small, cramped, lacks seating and had terrible traffic patters if you're a steerage passenger like us. (I'm sure the suite experience is way nicer.) Personally we like 18 because it's enormous (for Gargantuan of the Seas and its sisters) and can process and move a lot of passengers quickly and efficiently. It's also close to the airport connector and is easy in-easy out. T4 and T21 are small but also have logical check-in patterns using 2 levels, with adequate seating. 4 is closer to the port exits but it's a smaller berth than the others; I've only boarded M-class ships there. If it's a weekend, T25 competes with 21 and HAL's 24 for vehicle traffic, which can make getting to the airport more challenging. During the week there's really no issue with any terminal.

And that's more than anyone really wanted to know about Port Everglades terminals...! LOL...

Edited by Kirsten T
"site" should have been "report", duh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I have only sailed once on Edge and in a suite.  Terminal 25 was built for Edge and it has a great check-in and waiting area upstairs for suite passengers.

This terminal #25 waiting area is light and airy, but for the number of passengers it holds, it is too large and wasted space.  A little crowding wouldn't hurt it.  Maybe should accommodate Aqua/Concierge passengers as well?  Not a complaint, just an observation IMO.

Edited by Oceangoer2

23 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

This terminal #25 waiting area is light and airy, but for the number of passengers it holds, it is too large and wasted space.  A little crowding wouldn't hurt it.  Maybe should accommodate Aqua/Concierge passengers as well?  Not a complaint, just an observation IMO.

Edited:

Not sure if we were in terminal #25 waiting area, but the suite space in whichever terminal (?) we were in was light and airy, but for the number of passengers it holds, it was too large and wasted space.  A little crowding wouldn't hurt it.  Maybe should accommodate Aqua/Concierge passengers as well?  Not a complaint, just an observation IMO.

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Edited:

Not sure if we were in terminal #25 waiting area, but the suite space in whichever terminal (?) we were in was light and airy, but for the number of passengers it holds, it was too large and wasted space.  A little crowding wouldn't hurt it.  Maybe should accommodate Aqua/Concierge passengers as well?  Not a complaint, just an observation IMO.

The suite waiting area in Terminal 25 is up the elevator on the second floor.  Somebody checks your reservation just outside the elevator.  I did not find it oversized.  But glad not to have crowding in these social distance times.  Once up there they come around with iPADS to check you in.  At least this was accurate in January 2019 when I was on EDGE.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The suite waiting area in Terminal 25 is up the elevator on the second floor.  Somebody checks your reservation just outside the elevator.  I did not find it oversized.  But glad not to have crowding in these social distance times.  Once up there they come around with iPADS to check you in.  At least this was accurate in January 2019 when I was on EDGE.

This was on Silhouette, Dec. '19...so perhaps in a different terminal. 

Edited by Oceangoer2

Hi all, 

Thank you for the responses. Sounds like I won’t want to get terminal 29. I am aware that terminal 25 is the nice new terminal with the Retreat waiting area; I sailed out of it last Jan. However, the Edge will sail out of Terminal 25 the day we leave and we are on Equinox. I know that we won’t know our terminal until right before we sail.

I am wondering if there are any suite-only waiting areas in any of the other terminals you've sailed out of? Terminals *other* than 25. 

We have friends coming with us on this cruise, and we were hoping they’d get to see how much nicer the suite embarkation process is for Celebrity compared to Disney’s. Of course, that may not be the case since we won’t be in terminal 25 with the lovely Retreat waiting area.