May 2021 equinox

katykrol

I’m sure I’m being naive, but the longer it is before celebrity cancels may the more hopeful I am. When I pull up the deck plans it looks like whole sections on each deck have empty cabins, which I have never seen before. Calling my TA tomorrow before I book my flight to see if he has any new intel. 

has anyone else heard any news? I can’t find anything new from the cdc and I know a lot of states are opening up more. This is NOT a political statement but I can’t find anything from the new administration regarding cruise travel either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, katykrol said:

I’m sure I’m being naive, but the longer it is before celebrity cancels may the more hopeful I am. When I pull up the deck plans it looks like whole sections on each deck have empty cabins, which I have never seen before. Calling my TA tomorrow before I book my flight to see if he has any new intel. 

has anyone else heard any news? I can’t find anything new from the cdc and I know a lot of states are opening up more. This is NOT a political statement but I can’t find anything from the new administration regarding cruise travel either. 

I think you are asking if this cruise will sail on May ?, 2021, if that is what you are asking, so assuming your final payment has been made, I am think you can request a refund or go the FCC route.  

As far as I know the CDC has not issued "Technical Instructions" on anything contained in the Conditional Sailing order.   Once the cruise lines receive those (supposedly any day) it's going to take quite a while to finalize plans, staff/train, do test sailings, apply for the ability to have revenue sailings.  I think I read in the order that the application time for test sailings was 30 days and for the final approval was 60 days after the test sailings.

I'd make sure those tickets were no fee cancel/change and you have somewhere else to go to use them.

I wouldn’t book airfare. I made the final payment for the May 21st cruise, but that was only so I wouldn’t lose my $500 non refundable deposit. I’ll take the refund when Celebrity inevitably cancels. I’d love to go, don’t get me wrong. Hubby and I are vaccinated and ready to mask up if the cruise goes ahead. After four or five cancelled cruises, I’m just not hopeful anymore. 

No way would I book airfare before the CDC provides guidance on resuming cruising.  Other lines have already cancelled so expect Celebrity to follow sometime soon. A Celebrity Marketing VP said they expected to hear something last week, that didn't happen so perhaps this week.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 2

I am on the 6/13/21 Equinox, and am wondering the same. We live in Fort Lauderdale, so no travel except for Uber. Celebrity is keeping the same 6/15/21 final payment. Surely they know by now if these cruises will go or get cancelled. My TA takes final 10 days before the cruise lines, so it is done. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

There's no way, no how that any May cruise will sail. It's actually impossible to do so. A sailing in less than 7 weeks? Crew vaccinations,test cruises, certifications,it's impossible.

Agree.  Step one is getting crew to the ships.  That is not likely until airlines open up.  RCI and NCL are using ships to transport crews that have been on board for up to a year to Pakistan, the Phillipines and Indonesia.  Gonna be months to get all vaccinated there.