I see your May and raise you June

On 3/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, Cigar King said:

I'm going to be thinking positive, and hope this is the end of the cancelations.  June will sail.

OTOH, I was a Scout, so maybe I should be prepared.  I have a B2B on the Brilliance booked in June.  I intend to make final payment, it's due this month.  If it is canceled, I'm looking for suggestions for a L&S.  Prices seem to be higher, and I have a Owners Suite.  I'd like to protect that price.  

The floor is open for suggestions.

We have a June 26th and just waiting to be able to L&S (again from 2020) and making plans to go to Mexico instead. No way cruises are happening for June and probably not till this fall/winter. Disney CEO said they don’t plan to start back up till Sept/Oct at the earliest. The US will see cases go back up the next couple weeks due to Spring Break so that won’t help things with the CDC. I’m personally not rebooking anything till 2022 and 2023 after 4 cancellations.

Also, keep in mind the new L&S has to be same ship, same itinerary, and within a week before/after your sail date or they will give a refund. This could change again but it limits you compared to the old L&S rules. We hope to move to either June 18th or July 2nd 2022!

6 minutes ago, soremekun said:

How much is it per jab?  Can the cruise lines paynto vaccinate the crew?

So far, vaccine manufacturers are only selling to government agencies, and I doubt any nation will sell their allotment before the majority of their nationals are vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Also, keep in mind the new L&S has to be same ship, same itinerary, and within a week before/after your sail date or they will give a refund

No it doesn’t.

That was the protocol for Alaska.

May cancellations were plus / minus 2 weeks and it could be a different ship if the original ship had been replaced by another doing the same itinerary.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, soremekun said:

How much is it per jab?  Can the cruise lines pay to vaccinate the crew?

The J & J vaccine is quite affordable, and doesn't require the extreme temperatures to maintain its effectiveness.  The cruise lines will find a way to get their staff vaccinated - the cruise lines' viability depends on it.  Fairly certain the ships that are sailing now have a fully vaccinated crew.  Just a matter of time and resources.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

On the day Royal cancels May sailings Princess announced the cancellation of June sailings.

Very surprised that Royal didn’t cancel both May and June. 

Me too.  But for me at least...next chopping block for a cruise in my situation...is not until end of November.   Naturally if that is cancelled...it will be a few days after final payment again...as usual...still...always...ugh!!  😣

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  But for me at least...next chopping block for a cruise in my situation...is not until end of November.   Naturally if that is cancelled...it will be a few days after final payment again...as usual...still...always...ugh!!  😣

Our next potential disaster is end of July.. That will likely also be after final payment too.  With other countries now offering potential home porting, who knows if there will ever be a ship sailing from the US given the CDC;s control of cruise ship commerce and travel denials.  No cruise insurance will cover you if there's a no sail restriction issued.  So we're prisoners it appears.

• Like 1

In typical RCCL fashion they will be last to inform us and give us maximum problems regarding final payments and flights and refunds and limited useless lift and shifts and FCC's which are already based on inflated prices.

thanks royal. keep up the amazing work of doing nothing whilst other cruise lines like Cunard just make a decision and inform their customers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

keep up the amazing work of doing nothing whilst other cruise lines like Cunard just make a decision and inform their customers

Not sure why you would expect them to do anything other then the pattern that was set almost a year ago.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure why you would expect them to do anything other then the pattern that was set almost a year ago.

Because we are obviously getting closer to some kind of restart. Even if its just for vaccinated guests at 50% capacity they could inform people more than they have so far. That CEO clown they have just posts drivel with zero information 

9 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Because we are obviously getting closer to some kind of restart.

Maybe we are, however the CDC has not issued any new guidance so the cruise lines cannot plan.  They haven’t even received full guidance under the original restart plan issued last year. 

16 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Because we are obviously getting closer to some kind of restart. 

Obviously, nothing from the last 12 months makes anything obvious !

Edited by Jimbo

News coming today or tomorrow

I can't contain my excitement, I have some
late breaking news to share with you all! The anticipation is too much for me to wait another week to share this news so I will be switching up my previously planned Coffee Talk. Join me tomorrow Wednesday, March 17 at 12 p.m. EDT, for an exclusive Coffee Talk with some hot off the press updates. I guarantee this is a session you will not want to miss out on - I'd say this is the news we've all been waiting for!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe we are, however the CDC has not issued any new guidance so the cruise lines cannot plan.  They haven’t even received full guidance under the original restart plan issued last year. 

Yes i appreciate that but the CDC has no jurisdiction in Europe. 

Lets hope the news is better tomorrow

15 hours ago, torpeedo said:

Our next potential disaster is end of July.. That will likely also be after final payment too.  With other countries now offering potential home porting, who knows if there will ever be a ship sailing from the US given the CDC;s control of cruise ship commerce and travel denials.  No cruise insurance will cover you if there's a no sail restriction issued.  So we're prisoners it appears.

We have all been prisoners on lockdown for over a year now....need a cruise fix!!  😵

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

News coming today or tomorrow

I can't contain my excitement, I have some
late breaking news to share with you all! The anticipation is too much for me to wait another week to share this news so I will be switching up my previously planned Coffee Talk. Join me tomorrow Wednesday, March 17 at 12 p.m. EDT, for an exclusive Coffee Talk with some hot off the press updates. I guarantee this is a session you will not want to miss out on - I'd say this is the news we've all been waiting for!  

Who is the quote from?  Obviously I am clueless with who does the Coffee Talk.   We count on you for updates.  😊

On 3/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

No it doesn’t.

That was the protocol for Alaska.

May cancellations were plus / minus 2 weeks and it could be a different ship if the original ship had been replaced by another doing the same itinerary.  

In that case I am screwed if Royal cancels my eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving cruise on the Oasis, as all cruises out of Miami for Thanksgiving week 2022 goes to western Caribbean.  I can do eastern Caribbean if I sail the week before or after Thanksgiving, but both me and my kids will have to take a lot more days off work/school.  

20 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

In that case I am screwed if Royal cancels my eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving cruise on the Oasis, as all cruises out of Miami for Thanksgiving week 2022 goes to western Caribbean.  I can do eastern Caribbean if I sail the week before or after Thanksgiving, but both me and my kids will have to take a lot more days off work/school.  

They are still treating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries as just Caribbean, meaning you can switch from one to the other

1 hour ago, PCHENG said:

Why are you so pessimistic that your Thanksgiving 2021 cruise will not sail?

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why are you so pessimistic that your Thanksgiving 2021 cruise will not sail?

I am not yet pessimistic, but I am definitely not as optimistic about the Thanksgiving 2021 cruise as I was three months ago.  Back in December of last year a lot of cruise lines expected the CDC to issue guidance any minute and spent millions bringing their ships back to US waters.  Alas the CDC never issued any guidance, and there is no telling when that will change.  I did not expect the CDC to sit on this issue for so long.  We are already up to June cancellations, another couple months of delay by the CDC and we will be looking at a September restart, which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for test sailings and ironing out the kinks before my Thanksgiving cruise.

6 hours ago, PCHENG said:

I am not yet pessimistic, but I am definitely not as optimistic about the Thanksgiving 2021 cruise as I was three months ago.  Back in December of last year a lot of cruise lines expected the CDC to issue guidance any minute and spent millions bringing their ships back to US waters.  Alas the CDC never issued any guidance, and there is no telling when that will change.  I did not expect the CDC to sit on this issue for so long.  We are already up to June cancellations, another couple months of delay by the CDC and we will be looking at a September restart, which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for test sailings and ironing out the kinks before my Thanksgiving cruise.

Concur.  I won't be surprised if cruise lines choose to operate out of ports outside of the U.S.  Might be a temporary solution, but one they feel is better than bankruptcy/liquidation/etc.  I'm sure some still believe they are 'too big to fail', but there does become a point in which businesses need to take in $$ vs. continually bleeding it....particularly if the option to 'print' isn't on the table.