How are the Swans doing 2021

42 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I could be a convert to AFL, I watched most of the game.

Thank goodness the umpires don't wear those long white coats and white ice cream vendor hats they wore for yonks.

th.jpg

That was just the goal umpires. A very good friend was a top goal umpire in the 1980s and 90s and wore the coat and hat. He was able to obtain seats for DH and son for the 1988 GF that Melbourne played in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I could be a convert to AFL, I watched most of the game.

Thank goodness the umpires don't wear those long white coats and white ice cream vendor hats they wore for yonks.

th.jpg

Goal Umps only, boundary and field Umps were in sports wear

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Short shorts, a lot of officials to pay.

A lot more now too Les (9 in each game), but in reality compared to the players, they are not paid really well and are not considered full time. The majority will have careers as well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, possum52 said:

A lot more now too Les (9 in each game), but in reality compared to the players, they are not paid really well and are not considered full time. The majority will have careers as well.

Part timers, I reckon they would get $1000 a game though.   I knew Bill Harrigan, the top Rugby League Ref of his era. He kept his day job👮‍♂️ and refereed as well.

Edited by NSWP

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Part timers, I reckon they would get $1000 a game though.   I knew Bill Harrigan, the top Rugby League Ref of his era. He kept his day job👮‍♂️ and refereed as well.

I understand that field umpires may earn around $150,000 a year and goal and boundaries about $60,000 plus.

Edited by possum52

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Penrith have won the NRLgrand final 14-12 in a hard fought close game over the Souths Rabbitohs, well done Panthers.

And Adam Reynolds got his revenge on  Souths for not resigning him by missing that last conversion. Well done Adam .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Where is Neil - aka Mr Walker, probably had a case of his Crownies watching his beloved Penriff win, lol.

th.jpg.9ae487dd30d9cdd8d10da80783e8f596.jpg

I'm still here Uncle Les, still celebrating 🙂 I didn't drink a case, but did have a few Crownies before, during & after the game & a nightcap of Drambuie (kept for special occasions). Soon to fire up the barbie for a  feed and a couple more celebratory Crownies.

May be an image of 6 people and text that says 'He PLUS PLUS ert 2021 NRL PREMIERS'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mr walker said:

I'm still here Uncle Les, still celebrating 🙂 I didn't drink a case, but did have a few Crownies before, during & after the game & a nightcap of Drambuie (kept for special occasions). Soon to fire up the barbie for a  feed and a couple more celebratory Crownies.

May be an image of 6 people and text that says 'He PLUS PLUS ert 2021 NRL PREMIERS'

Great picture Neil.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, By The Bay said:

It is his front that has got him banned, after he internally shirt-fronted the umpire. 3 games handed down by the tribunal, and the AFL is appealing. Likely to get it extended to 6 games. Not a good look for the game. I hope the kiddies don't copy him in the junior leagues.😉

AFL 2021: Tribunal hears Toby Greene evidence in umpire charge

Further to the post above.

"GWS star Toby Greene will miss the first five rounds of the 2022 AFL season after his penalty for making intentional contact with an umpire was increased to a six-game suspension at the AFL Appeals Board." ABC