Hawaii cruise Pride of America

shipsealand

No dry dock is scheduled. State of Hawaii and NCL are in disagreement with how to handle a fully vaccinated cruise and the Safe Travels documents to be able to enter the state. Bookings are waaay down for sailings in Aug, Sept and Oct.

Edited by sugcarol

4 hours ago, sugcarol said:

No dry dock is scheduled. State of Hawaii and NCL are in disagreement with how to handle a fully vaccinated cruise and the Safe Travels documents to be able to enter the state. Bookings are waaay down for sailings in Aug, Sept and Oct.

It appears NCL is in DISAGREEMENT with EVERY State they do Business...   I enjoy NCL and own stock; but I have had just about enough of the lack of information coming from the executives  - especially when they are again cancelling cruises all over the place and have NOT made a formal statement that this was about to happen ---  again.  

Be open and honest with your customers, create good will not distrust.

Maybe it is time to book another line.

5 hours ago, sugcarol said:

where did you hear this?

5 hours ago, sugcarol said:

according to this article, this issue isn’t with NCL- the

issue is with all cruise lines. They are suggesting no cruise lines will operate in Hi this year: 

“I’d be surprised if we have any cruises in Hawaii before the end of the year,” a source close to the industry who requested anonymity said Friday.”

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2021/05/23/hawaii-news/when-will-cruises-return/?fbclid=IwAR2MCpSKafBN0QdNV8_il4_BvKTpW8pQbz6XAmqes3FpeovKbpmFU8M4RM4

And if you read the comments on the article I linked you will quickly see that many of those living on the islands do not want tourists, and are especially negative toward cruisers. There is a big rift developing over the tourism industry. I’m not sure a Haole’ arriving on a cruise ship this year will experience much aloha. Quite the opposite. It’s very very sad.

650F7274-7520-4B2D-93A7-563003547CA2.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Im a TA and believe what they tell me, they are a lot more honest with others in the industry than the public. I do not agree with the way this is being handled, especially the August cruisers, but nothing can be done about that.

15 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

Im a TA and believe what they tell me, they are a lot more honest with others in the industry than the public. I do not agree with the way this is being handled, especially the August cruisers, but nothing can be done about that.

Are you saying that NcL is more honest with TAs or that the state of Hawaii is more honest with TAs?

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

if you read the comments on the article I linked you will quickly see that many of those living on the islands do not want tourists, and are especially negative toward cruisers. There is a big rift developing over the tourism industry. I’m not sure a Haole’ arriving on a cruise ship this year will experience much aloha. Quite the opposite. It’s very very sad.

So,,, most in the islands welcome tourist. This is a prime example of mainstream media sensationalizing a small minority of the population. Guys holding signs get you clicks and ad revenue. The silent majority who desperately need tourism for the livelihood don't make compelling news, so they are not featured in the news.  

Gov Ige, who has done irreparable harm to his state, is slowly losing his power which has be the source of fear mongering in the islands. While outside mask rules were relaxed today, Ige still refuses to amend his emergency orders to align with the CDC. The longer he keeps the state population in fear, the longer he maintains his power. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sugcarol said:

No dry dock is scheduled. 

The only thing I found was on Wikipedia about a June 2021 dry dock for POA but that certainly does not make it fact -- "In June 2021 she is scheduled to travel to Vigor Shipyards in Portland, Oregon to enter dry dock with about 200 crew members, the other 300 crew heading directly back to their home states."

NCL has officially cancelled all Hawaiian cruises through October 31st. 

In conjunction with our third return to sail announcement, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension for eight of our seventeen ships, listed below. Fortunately, we have announced Return to Sail plans in the Caribbean, Alaska, and The Mediterranean for the five remaining ships; Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, and Norwegian Bliss! Ready - Set - Explore!

You can learn more about booking our return to sail plan here.

Additional Suspended Sailings

• Ship - Suspended Through
  • Pride of America - October 31, 2021

On 5/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, sugcarol said:

No dry dock is scheduled.

I regret to inform you that your sources are misinformed 😁

11 hours ago, Jeanne2 said:

The only thing I found was on Wikipedia about a June 2021 dry dock for POA but that certainly does not make it fact -- "In June 2021 she is scheduled to travel to Vigor Shipyards in Portland, Oregon to enter dry dock with about 200 crew members, the other 300 crew heading directly back to their home states."

Good catch. If you look at Marine Traffic (or another ship tracking website), you will see that the PoA left Hawaii yesterday. And guess where it says she is going…

On 5/25/2021 at 10:56 AM, tourismtessy said:

Do you know what they are planning to do to her?

I do not believe that this information has been made public yet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kdog3ss said:

Just got an email from NCL that our September 25th cruise in Hawaii on POA has now been canceled. Crap.

Here we rescheduled our cancelled Hawaiian cruise from spring of 2021 to January of 2022. It is starting to look real iffy that we will sail!🥺 Sorry yours got cancelled. 

Our wonderful NCL PCC called me this afternoon as our October 2nd cruise was canceled (shout out to Andy Estel!), and he got us rescheduled for February, 2022.  He told me that the POA will start sailing out of Honolulu on November 6th of this year.

• Like 2

Disclaimer:  I am loyal to Princess, have cruised on Pride of Aloha (island itinerary), not a fan of NCL, and a part time resident of the islands.

But thought this article might be of interest to some of you:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/05/26/breaking-news/norwegian-cruise-line-plans-to-restart-hawaii-operations-in-november/

Hawaii just lifted the outdoors face mandate.  Still required to wear a mask indoors.

Required to take a COVID test 72 hours before flight departure.

Some islands require a post covid test.

At this time, vaccinations outside of the state of Hawaii are not valid proof of travels.

NOTHING has been mentioned (from the state) on the reintroduction of cruising to to/around the islands.  

It will be interesting to see how NCL and the state come to agreement on this.  Keep in mind that car rentals are also at a premium for these ports.

Good luck to those that venture to Hawaii to catch this cruise.  

When our September 2020 cruise on the POA was cancelled, we took the option to rebook for this September along with some FCC that's good until 12/31/2021. Now that this cruise is also cancelled, if we take a full refund, do we lose the FCC, or does that remain in our account to use if we decide to book for next year?

On 5/26/2021 at 6:45 PM, NikiPinkston said:

Our wonderful NCL PCC called me this afternoon as our October 2nd cruise was canceled (shout out to Andy Estel!), and he got us rescheduled for February, 2022.  He told me that the POA will start sailing out of Honolulu on November 6th of this year.

I moved our cruise today (voluntarily — no cancellation for a change!🙄) to save many, many dollars on airfare. My PCC told me the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZTX said:

Our Oct. 13, 2021 cruise was cancelled; re-booked for Nov. 27, 2021... fingers crossed.

Did they tell you when your final payment is due. I was booked on this cruise but final is due 7/29.

11 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Did they tell you when your final payment is due. I was booked on this cruise but final is due 7/29.

Yes, final payment is due 7/30

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:42 PM, AZTX said:

Our Oct. 13, 2021 cruise was cancelled; re-booked for Nov. 27, 2021... fingers crossed.

We have been working diligently towards our resumption of operations, focusing on providing you with the very best experience while
keeping your health and safety at the forefront. This means however, that we must unfortunately cancel Norwegian’s Pride of America
voyages with embarkation dates from November 27, 2021 through and including January 15, 2022