Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

Hi All,

we made it! MX I see you have been posting but not had time to catch up, but wanted to get a post up whilst we had 5 minutes. 

im not going to make this negative, but I am going to be honest, and my first bit of advice, if you have a later check in time, be grateful and stick to it 😏

we were parking with CPS so our testing was at Mayflower.

Our time was 12.30 we arrived at 12:31 but no one checked this.

we were directed to a Carnival employee, who asked to see our passport and proof of vaccine, the QR code was not scanned. 

we then proceeded to testing all in the comfort of our car.  Windows down swabs up the nose, a person at each window.  I did ask if I could do it but was told that wasn’t allowed.  Testing was efficient.

however, and I can now hear you laughing!!! The P&O system has gone wrong and our mobile numbers ( which you had to have to receive test results) , had not pulled through,  so we were given blue wrist bands and a barcode, as rejects 🤣

in to the terminal no issue waiting for CPS by 12:50. , in terminal 5 minutes later.  Up escalator to a podium through health questionnaire,  asked if we had our paperwork, then to another lady who glanced at Insurance, basically just checked the name and date. We were then ushered  to a rejects pen, I will post more about this shambles in a more in depth review,

vanessa from Carnival you are a star, doing the job of the 20 people who should have been helping you. 

Every so often test results came through for the rejects and a member of staff wandered the lines to match up the barcodes. We were then allowed to check in.  This was passport, boarding card and a check that your uploaded security photo was you.  Then your boarding card is stamped with okay to board. Then to the security wait, where we waited 1 hour 30 mins! 

we got on board after 2:45. From our balcony I can see the air bridge and people now seem to be boarding as they arrive. 

staff on board are very happy to see us.

captain is new to me, Marcin Banach,

limelight is open with Eric & Ern.

speciality dining, is 50% off tonight.

Epicurean £14pp, sindu £8,50pp Limelight £12:50pp. 

loyalty club sail away drinks available, 

my holiday began as soon as we stepped on board, Britannia is looking beautiful ❤️

oh yes the My Holiday app is easy to access and use, however it refuses to allow us to stay logged in! No surprise there 😏

• Like 11

2 hours ago, davemorton said:

Reading on book of faces someone was turned away as they didnt have proof of jabs.  Hopefully they have actually had their jabs and can sort it somehow.  (This was where they are checking whilst you are in the car)

We were asked to show proof in the car, but QR not scanned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Unlikely I think, as everyone knew that vaccinations were required, so I cannot see why anyone would take the chance of turning up,  knowing that they would be turned away if they had no proof of vaccination. 

You would hope, but try telling that to the woman behind me,  who insisted her sunflower lanyard meant she didn’t have to wear a mask. Despite in every email it saying Face Masks are Mandatory, NO exceptions.  She insisted this didn’t apply to her, thankfully the staff said it does, No exception is no exception.  She didn’t have a panic attack, faint and wasn’t sick as she threatened to be. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

What was the muster requirements?

Muster station, The Glass House for us, scanned in then to the cabin to watch video,

captain currently running through the instructions, over tannoy where I am listening on the balcony drinking a Mai Tai , very civilised,

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Was going to wander down to Warsash beach to wave you all off, but it's raining so we are watching on the port cam... 

Very jealous, we hope you all have a fantastic time. 

Andy & Michelle 

Where do you get the port cam up to watch?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Muster station, The Glass House for us, scanned in then to the cabin to watch video,

captain currently running through the instructions, over tannoy where I am listening on the balcony drinking a Mai Tai , very civilised,

Thank you for your description of your boarding experience. Very interesting.

Have a great time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

Watching Southampton Port TV on Solent Ships vlogg. They keep panning round and zooming in on the Britannia . People arriving . Exciting 

Watching now and it looks like people still arriving! Surely not if sail away is at 6. 

35 minutes ago, Valfan said:

Where do you get the port cam up to watch?

Someone posted a link the previous (I think) page here and also on the Britannia test cruise thread.

Edited by tring

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are getting emotional watching on the telly... 

Have a great time

Andy 

Us too, hope all onboard have a great time.

Whetting our appetite for the Iona maiden on 7th August - feels like it really could go ahead now.

Jules x

• Like 1

Just been watching the sail away. Not the best weather, unfortunately.

the web cam was zooming in, so we could see people on their balcony, but looked strange to see so many empty balconies

to those onboard - hope you have a great time 

• Like 1