Odyssey US Inaugural moved

This sucks  Changed from a 9 night to a 5 night

We're reaching out to you with an important change to your clients' upcoming November 11th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas cruise.

Odyssey of the Seas will complete its inaugural season in Haifa, Israel October 2021. Upon making its transatlantic voyage to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Odyssey will host a series of welcome events and as a result, we've had to make some modifications to our itinerary planning. Regrettably, this means your clients' cruise has been cancelled.

We know the chance to sail on our newest ship's first North American voyage is special and understand how much time and effort goes into planning their vacation. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience. However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will still offer its first sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida - just departing on a different day with a modified itinerary. So, starting April 14th, 2021, we'll automatically move them to the November 15th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas cruise.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Odyssey of the Seas, their vacation is important to us and we want them to have the flexibility to make the best decision. Below are their options.

Option 1: Stay onboard the newly redeployed 5-Night Labadee & Perfect Day cruise. Below, please find our new itinerary:

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

11/15

Mon

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

5:00 PM

11/16

Tue

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

11/17

Wed

Cruising

11/18

Thu

Labadee, Haiti

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

11/19

Fri

Cruising

11/20

Sat

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

5:00 AM

What they'll receive:

• Beginning April 14th, 2021, we'll move them to the same stateroom on our November 15th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas sailing. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Their original stateroom category price will either be protected at their original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If they were already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, they'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

other options..

Option 2: Re-book one of the following 8-Night Southern Caribbean itineraries onboard Odyssey of the Seas sailing to George Town, Grand Cayman, Oranjestad, Aruba, and Willemstad, Curacao on:

December 4th, 2021; January 15th, 2022; or January 29th, 2022

What they'll receive:

• Their original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is a price difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, they'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
  • And, they'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Plus, you'll receive protected commission.

Option 3: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If they prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1 or Option 2, we'll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, they'll be responsible for any difference in pricing for their cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is a price difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • They'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • And, your commission will be based on the revised cruise fare paid.

Option 4: If they can't find a new cruise itinerary that works for them and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see them go.

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after they submit their refund request.
  • If they used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and they request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate their original certificate.
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

It's important to us that your clients find the best vacation option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 by April 13th, 2021, if they decide to go with Option 2, 3, or 4. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by April 13th, 2021, they'll automatically be moved to the Odyssey of the Seas sailing listed under Option 1.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

How does price protection work when you go from 9 nights to 5 nights?

Would guess whatever your price per day is for the 9 nights will just be what that price is per day times 5 days.

41 minutes ago, Beagle Rancher said:

I am on this sailing and have no idea what I should do. I would like clarification of what price protection means (ie per night?). 

Same here - I was really looking forward to Odyssey but not if my nine night costs the same as a five night or eight night.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive, because I am genuinely sorry for the people impacted by this ... but when I read the title of the thread, it sounded like the whole inaugural season in the US was being moved, as in, postponed to a different set of dates or switched to a different port.

So, from that perspective ... WHEW! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Would guess whatever your price per day is for the 9 nights will just be what that price is per day times 5 days.

Nope.

If the price of the 5 day or the 8 day is you choose that option you get the lower price.  It is never based on a per day price

1 hour ago, Beagle Rancher said:

I am on this sailing and have no idea what I should do. I would like clarification of what price protection means (ie per night?). 

No, it is not per night.  If an 8 day is priced more than what your 9 night cot you get to keep your price.  If the 5 day or the 8 day is lower than what you paid you get the lower price.