Changing name on FCC?

How do we change an FCC in my daughter's name to mine?

I had reservations for two cabins for last August, my now former TA had screwed up and changed them to non-refundable, so at the time of final payment (when it was still not clear to me that no-sail would be a long term thing), I had to decide what to do. I cancelled one (which had my wife and daughter's names on it) and took an FCC for that reservation and did L&S for the cabin with my name and my son-in-law's. Subsequently, changed his name on that reservation to my wife, so it's the two of us for this year (which of course is still very iffy). My daughter just had a baby, and they do not want to sail with an infant. Who do I contact at Royal to change my daughter's FCC to my name, so we can use it on this year's cruise if it happens? Her last name on the FCC is the same as ours, so maybe it will make it easier, plus I was paying for the cruise. I have seen posts here saying that it was possible, so the only question is who to talk to. Would rather not go through the TA if I can avoid it.

Thanks. I looked for other threads here and could not find one dedicated to FCC's.

I don't believe you can change the name or use of an FCC to someone else unless it's transferred to you by someone over the age of 70 or under the age of 12...Regardless of who paid for the cruise.

It is rare from what I've been told, but I was successful in getting my niece's FCC applied to my cruise. I emailed my specific story to Michael Bayley (mbayley@rccl.com) and heard back from someone else who took care of it for me.

In my original email, I explained my situation clearly, as well as included all info on who was involved and what I wanted to have done. I included original reservation numbers, FCC number, and current reservation number that I wanted to apply the FCC to. The person who answered my email had already done what I had asked with the FCC before she replied to my email. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Normally FCCS are not transferable.  But exceptions can be requested for extenuating circumstances, such as death of a passenger.  You can start with calling the loyalty desk, and they will let you know how the request should be made. 

I may be wrong, but I believe that there was a blanket policy put forth in the last month or so saying that you could transfer suspended sailing or cruise with confidence FCC one time. 

There is no need to email Michael Bayley.  It will just get forwarded down to the person who will actually work the issue.  

23 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

I may be wrong, but I believe that there was a blanket policy put forth in the last month or so saying that you could transfer suspended sailing or cruise with confidence FCC one time.

I believe that was Celebrity.  I never heard anything to that effect from Royal.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that was Celebrity.  I never heard anything to that effect from Royal.

I believe it was Royal, Celebrity, and at the time Azamara.  Most of the policies have been tri-branded.  

5 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

I believe it was Royal, Celebrity, and at the time Azamara.  Most of the policies have been tri-branded.  

There have been difference in the past.  they doo not always follow the same policies.  In general they are similar but not always exact.  Like I said, I have heard of no mention of the one time transfer through Royal, If you have a link I would very much appreciate it

Here is the link for Celebrity

Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of an FCC from any sailing Celebrity Cruises cancelled due to global suspension of sailing.  The deadline to request a transfer is May 31, 2021.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or Group booking, and must be used for a 2021 sailing.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=Yes%2C we will allow a,used for a 2021 sailing.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Can you explain how they apply FCC's?

It is directly tied to the guest.  If the guest is removed so is the FCC which is now shown as a payment.  prior to that the FCC was shown as a price reduction on the cruise fare and you could get away with a name change

• Thanks 1

FWIW, I asked about this.  I pay for my siblings to cruise.  My brother (and his wife) got the FCC's even though I paid for them.  What I did was schedule another cruise for all of us, and they applied the FCC's to that.  It's not ideal, but it worked for me.  Perhaps for you as well?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought I received some info that because of this covid mess, it can be used for another person?  Just book your cruise and enter the FCC number and it would be applied even if the name did not match.  I have not tried it yet but was planning on it when the time came.

Oh gosh, was I dreaming! 😵

2 minutes ago, Annicruise2014 said:

I thought I received some info that because of this covid mess, it can be used for another person?  Just book your cruise and enter the FCC number and it would be applied even if the name did not match.  I have not tried it yet but was planning on it when the time came.

Oh gosh, was I dreaming! 😵

If you have leftover FCC you can apply it to another guest on the reservation as long as that guest was on the initial reservation from where the FCC was originally issued which is a different situation that was being discussed.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have leftover FCC you can apply it to another guest on the reservation as long as that guest was on the initial reservation from where the FCC was originally issued which is a different situation that was being discussed.

My thought process when I originally got MY info was for a totally different person to cruise with one of the original passengers. The info I thought I was remembering would not matter who cruised or name changed because anyone could use it. I am now looking for where I read that because it seems now that info has changed (go figure) and our original group plan will change yet again.

I know this is new for everyone and info changes daily so it doesn't matter what happens one day, tomorow could be different.  Just hoping to cruise again someday and soon.

4 minutes ago, Annicruise2014 said:

My thought process when I originally got MY info was for a totally different person to cruise with one of the original passengers. The info I thought I was remembering would not matter who cruised or name changed because anyone could use it. I am now looking for where I read that because it seems now that info has changed (go figure) and our original group plan will change yet again.

I know this is new for everyone and info changes daily so it doesn't matter what happens one day, tomorow could be different.  Just hoping to cruise again someday and soon.

That has never been the case on Royal.

None of this is really new and it certainly doesn't change daily.  I know that is a figure of speech but there have been very few changes in the redemption process over the past year.  That's not to say that things may not change in the future however I would not count on it.

3 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Normally FCCS are not transferable.  But exceptions can be requested for extenuating circumstances, such as death of a passenger.  You can start with calling the loyalty desk, and they will let you know how the request should be made. 

There is no need to email Michael Bayley.  It will just get forwarded down to the person who will actually work the issue.  

1. I tried the loyalty desk and got no where.

2. It was suggested I try to email Michael Bayley, so I did. Did I honestly think he would answer me himself? No. But did it work? Yes. Will it work for other people? I have no way of knowing, but I will continue to try to help others out by telling them what DID work for me.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

FWIW, I asked about this.  I pay for my siblings to cruise.  My brother (and his wife) got the FCC's even though I paid for them.  What I did was schedule another cruise for all of us, and they applied the FCC's to that.  It's not ideal, but it worked for me.  Perhaps for you as well?

Daughter and her husband do not want to commit to sailing even next year with a baby (despite the offer of free babysitting). If Royal actually starts sailing for my L&S'ed August cruise (which I understand is still very much up in the air and probably no better than 50/50 odds), my wife and I will be on board and I would like to be rid of the FCC's along with this non-refundable deposit reservation. 

So the best solution is to get it in either my name or my wife's name so at least we can use it.

I should add that I spoke to the resolutions person at Celebrity about missing FCC's from a couple of Asia cruises that I foolishly cancelled at the very beginning of this pandemic rather than waiting for Celebrity to do so (then another former TA messed up on the cancellation and did it online instead of calling thus the FCC's were not issued), and when I asked her about changing the name on the Royal FCC's she said to contact the equivalent person at Royal. I was just wondering if there was some official policy before doing that. I've kind of been waiting to see if the august cruise is going to happen before attempting it.

4 hours ago, SonicShip said:

I have a reservation with two named persons and one TBA. The cruise has been cancelled. I wonder what will happen to the TBA passenger's share of the fcc?

I’ve had this situation happen.  The FCC’s were supposed to be only issued to the 2 guests for the full amount including the TBA.  When the6 were issued they did not include the TBA amount but they were able to correct it when I went to apply the FCC’s. 

Had a similar situation.  Paid deposit for myself and my sister.  Was going to pay for her cruise.  It was last June so that left us with a FCC in each of our names.  Called to try and get her FCC transferred but was told no.  Emailed Bayley's office and the person who responded said they would make an exception if I could provide a notarized letter from my sister saying that I had paid the deposit and that the FCC should therefore be transferred to me.

• 4 months later...

So I wanted to close out my participation in this thread by saying that my TA (which I believe is RCI's largest customer, and the one that caused me to have the FCC in the first place since one of their people had changed a reservation to NRD without my permission last year) managed to get them to apply my daughter's FCC to a new reservation in my wife and my names. I had spoken to a manager there about a missing FCC in my wife's name from a cancelled August Oasis sailing, and in my email exchange with him, I asked if he could try to make the case to Royal for them to allow me to use my daughter's FCC and explained the situation. I was pleasantly surprised that he was able to get them to agree to it. Used all my FCC's to book a suite guarantee on Oasis in two weeks at an excellent price (although they still got some new money from me). Obviously this is all very much YMMV, and the TA I deal with there did not think that they could do it, but in the end they did. Very happy to be rid of this.

• Like 2