June Cancelled

kidless

Friend just called to say her June cruise cancelled from Port Canaveral. I suspected  it was coming. I didn’t see it on their website yet. Anyone else heard? We did see Mayor Suarez on Fox Business today. He seemed pretty positive cruising would resume this summer. Said he was in talks with CDC and felt by May they’d be giving the word. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

June is grayed out on website now for both PC and Miami.  July 4th onward is still on sale.  Interestingly, a typical MSC IT anomaly, a single May Meraviglia is still showing. Divina is still tied up in Civitavecchia.  Armonia and Meraviglia are at Ocean Cay.

Dennis

20 minutes ago, jgallagh1944 said:

We're scheduled to go out of Port Canaveral on Divina July 11-17th. We made our final payment a couple of weeks ago, 

We were on June 6 Divina but moved it to a 7 day in October because felt it was going to be cancelled. We also have August 29th booked on her. Holding out hope we do start cruising by July. 

• Like 1

My June itinerary is changed to NAR (no idea what that means). 😒

It takes some work to navigate the website to my other cruises but my 2022 cruises are still ok. I've already prepared for the cancellation... 

Step 1 - Calculate how much FCC I should get.

Step 2 - Find a substitute cruise that I DON'T already have booked (applying FCC to an already booked cruise is too much stress/drama).

Step 3 - Call MSC to find out if the FCC is available BEFORE I receive the email telling me that it is available. 

Step 4 - Book substitute cruise with FCC which will have the same booking number as the cancelled cruise. 

Step 5 - Rinse, repeat...

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

My June itinerary is changed to NAR (no idea what that means). 😒

It takes some work to navigate the website to my other cruises but my 2022 cruises are still ok. I've already prepared for the cancellation... 

Step 1 - Calculate how much FCC I should get.

Step 2 - Find a substitute cruise that I DON'T already have booked (applying FCC to an already booked cruise is too much stress/drama).

Step 3 - Call MSC to find out if the FCC is available BEFORE I receive the email telling me that it is available. 

Step 4 - Book substitute cruise with FCC which will have the same booking number as the cancelled cruise. 

Step 5 - Rinse, repeat...

Translation ...nolonger a reservation.   Step 6-30, Wait at least 13 months for FCC.

Hmmmm. We are booked for June 20 out of Port Canaveral, no word yet about cancellation. I’ve been kinda expecting that to happen though, being that every other cruise line having already been cancelled.

I will say though, when our April cruise was cancelled, we got our FFC fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

Looks like it is official

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24781-msc-cruises-extends-u-s-pause-through-june.html

MSC Cruises announced today a further extension of the temporary pause of its U.S.-based sailings through to and including June 30, 2021.

The decision will affect the schedules of three ships based in Florida: MSC Divina scheduled to sail from Port Canaveral, and MSC Meraviglia and MSC Armonia scheduled to sail from PortMiami.

Guests paid in full and booked through MSC Cruises USA or affiliated U.S.-based travel advisors on the impacted sailings between June 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021 will be offered a 100 percent future cruise credit (FCC) of the original cruise fare to be used on any future cruise of their choice, on any ship and any itinerary that is open for sale. In addition, guests will receive up to $200 onboard credit to use on their next cruise – based on the length of their original cruise – or they can request a refund. 

We have not received an email yet but someone else on our sailing has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

So no extra 25% on the cruise fare then for cancelled cruises.

Here is an excerpt from the email I received:

"Please note, if you booked your cruise with a Future Cruise Credit that you had already received for a previous cancellation, you will receive 100% Future Cruise Credit for the total amount paid, including your previous Future Cruise Credit value, whether your cruise was paid in full or outside of final payment."

My newly canceled cruise was booked after my 2020 cruise was cancelled. I used the original cruise credit plus the 25% bonus FCC to make this booking. As such, I am assuming that I will still retain the 25% bonus based on their wording. It doesn't sound as if this is your first cancellation you will receive the bonus 25%.

Once this is all sorted, I'll report back

~Brian

1 hour ago, shukapaw said:

Here is an excerpt from the email I received:

"Please note, if you booked your cruise with a Future Cruise Credit that you had already received for a previous cancellation, you will receive 100% Future Cruise Credit for the total amount paid, including your previous Future Cruise Credit value, whether your cruise was paid in full or outside of final payment."

My newly canceled cruise was booked after my 2020 cruise was cancelled. I used the original cruise credit plus the 25% bonus FCC to make this booking. As such, I am assuming that I will still retain the 25% bonus based on their wording. It doesn't sound as if this is your first cancellation you will receive the bonus 25%.

Once this is all sorted, I'll report back

~Brian

I figure June would be cancelled so we shifted our June 6th cruise which was paid in full with a FCC. I thought maybe I should have waited till they cancelled get another 25% but see that isn't how it works so really glad I moved it. 

Really hope cruises start soon it's absolutely ridiculous IMHO that every form of travel Planes, trains, hotels, amusement parks are operating but not cruising isn't allowed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shukapaw said:

I did similar. I had a cruise cancelled and received 125% of the fare paid not including taxes/port fees which were returned to the original form of payment. I used the FCC to book another (slightly more expensive) cruise and used cash to pay the difference. It looks as though the FCC amount of the 2nd cruise will be returned as FCC for the same amount and the cash used to make the difference will be turned into FCC. The taxes/port fees will probably be returned to the original form of payment. 

On 4/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, Envelope21 said:

I will say though, when our April cruise was cancelled, we got our FFC fairly quickly. 

MSC claims that I'll receive the FCC by June 14th. More than likely, the FCC will be visible to the phone reps before I receive the email. 

"As an added level of comfort, if you do not use your Future Cruise Credit by April 30, 2022, we will automatically provide you a full refund equal to the original amount paid." - MSC

also...

"Note, we can only process your refund once you’ve received your Future Cruise Credit." - MSC

I might end up using this FCC to book World Europa. 😜

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, kidless said:

We were on June 6 Divina but moved it to a 7 day in October because felt it was going to be cancelled. We also have August 29th booked on her. Holding out hope we do start cruising by July. 

I doubt our July 11th cruise on Divina out of Port Canaveral will be allowed to cruise. Last I heard, the Divina was still in the Med, and when I went on-line a couple of weeks ago to access entertainment and restaurant reservations, there was no information available. We'll just have to wait and see, and if cancelled, we can push our reservation out to next year. Still holding out hope for our repositioning cruise in December on Norwegian Escape from Rome to Miami.

• Like 1

I want to cruise as much as many others on this board and hope we will be able to soon. We cancelled a Northern Europe cruise last month that we were really looking forward to and had planned for for a long time. It looks like our cruise we cancelled along with all of the other June Northern Europe MSC cruises, They are no longer listed so the US cruises are not the only ones being cancelled. Positive Covid rates will going to go up and down until and if, most people get vaccinated. Last I looked most positive cases are headed down. Florida positive rates are still considered critical and NY, where I live it recently moved from critical to high. It could change tomorrow.  Summer will probably be ok case wise in most places  but it will return in the fall as people spend more time in doors and we will probably see cruiser issues again or at least restricted cruises if more people are not vaccinated. If you want cruising to open up long term year round, with minimal or no restrictions, get vaccinated if you can. I find the discussions about masks on cruises totally short sighted and pretty laughable.  One cruise may say no mask required but as soon as there is an outbreak, it will change. Masks will be part of the picture until cruise lines can be comfortable the virus isn't being spread. Like it or not vaccines are the only way out.

• Like 1