Venus Delivered 😊

Clay Clayton

9 minutes ago, johneb2 said:

I wonder now on how this is going to impact us who were on the Viking Sky and were supposed to travel with the Chairman's inaugural cruise of this ship?   JohnEB

Didn’t I see on the Survivors thread that Mr. Hagen had recently updated y’all that the cruise was going to be scheduled in the near future?

2 hours ago, Dave W 10 said:

Does delivered mean it's completely finished and ready to start cruising?

Particularly interested as we're due on board on 29 May!

Delivered means that the final payment was completed and the ownership transfered from the shipyard to Viking.

While many newbuilds have not been finished at time of delivery and maiden voyages often have shipyard workers onboard, since Venus has been waiting since December, I would expect she is finished building.

Depending on the relationship with the S/Y, the owner may have been able to conduct storing and crew training prior to delivery, provided it didn't cause conflicts with the build. Viking will also have to work with the local authorities regarding getting the full crew aboard, as Italy may have restrictions.

Even if all storing and crew training is required, it can easily be completed in 6 weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

I heard from one of our waiters from the Orion (Randy) that he is going to be working on the Venus. He is so grateful and excited!

How cool that you’ve kept in touch with him. I wish we’d thought to get contact info for our favorite bartender. He was a peach. 

Edited by Twitchly

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Didn’t I see on the Survivors thread that Mr. Hagen had recently updated y’all that the cruise was going to be scheduled in the near future?

Yes, I received an email with that info as well, but I wonder how that is going to work out now that it appears the Venus is scheduled already for open cruising.  It will be interesting to see how they work it out, or if they just decide to give us another voucher.  JohnEB

16 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I believe that is correct. Planetariums only installed on Orion & Jupiter

I'm wondering if during this downtime the Planetariums were removed from the Viking Orion & Jupiter.  If you visit Viking's website to look at these ships and what is available on each deck, it no longer lists the Planetarium or Observatory on Deck 8.

• Like 2

The Planetarium, in my opinion, was a waste. It wasn't a real planetarium and showed movies on the theater ceiling. Not very good movies, either. Uncomfortable to lean back and look up at the ceiling. Plus it took up way too much space in the Explorers Lounge.

Randy says that they are all in quarantine now, getting covid tested each day and temp checks as well.

• Like 3