New "Have It All" Promotion

Crazy For Cats

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

My cancelled Alaska cruise had a window to buy 10% off excursions as a special sale last fall.  Not all excursions were discounted.  This was a special outside of the fare.

I just looked.  I had saved the email.  It was an offer for 20% off shore excursions.  I had a Have It All Sale fare and this was a special limited time extra sale on top of the Have it All Sale.  

I think HAL have made a mistake with the naming of the new pricing structure as it reuses the name of an older limited time sales promotion that had different inclusions.  This will inevitably lead to confusion.

One thing I found is that not only does the shore excursion credit amount increase with the length of cruise, so does the # of included dining nights.  $100 & 1 night for cruises of 6-9 days, $200 & 2 nights for cruises of 10-20 days and $300 & 3 night for cruises 21+ days (excluding Grand Voyages and Grand Voyage segments)

Official press release from carnival Corp: https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/holland-america-line-introduces-have-it-all-premium-package

• Like 1

@AtlantaCruiser72  That is what prompted my initial question regarding this promotion.  Having the same name leads me to believe there may be some swap-ability sort of like NCL's pick 3 or pick 5 sales.  I think Princess played around with that concept too.

@Mary229 I highly doubt there will be any ability to swap perks, that's not how this appears to be structured.  Princess ONLY allowed guests to add some perks to existing promos/bookings when they first launched the "Best Sale Ever" that was a bridge to Princess Plus being a new permanent pricing structure.  That was a real one-off and I doubt it will be repeated with HAL.

The real miss here is not including gratuities, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and echoed by many.  I'm sure they have a rationale why they are not including them, but to me it makes the offering less attractive vs Celebrity or Princess, especially for those who do not book excursions through the cruise line.

I just think this is HAL marketing being lazy and reusing an old promo name with new inclusions on a permanent fare structure.  It will lead to confusion, much like how View & Verandah and Explore4 have had different perks almost every time offered, which ALWAYS results in confusion year to year.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 4

More details on HAL's new "Have it All" pricing.  Agent training video discussed moving to HIA from existing bookings w/o promos for $45/guest/day for all room types, so assuming that's the difference between the Advantage fare (no perk refundable deposit) and the Have it All fare when making a new booking as well.  No details on if the offer combines with agency promotional group rates or not.

image.png.509c22492997ea6667ec4d8f4f442104.png

image.png.b8f57b3b53d70c39e0a8c43c083e7a59.png

image.png.2a16af9a5d6a2a903e550ffcb6c22995.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

More details on HAL's new "Have it All" pricing.  Agent training video discussed moving to HIA from existing bookings w/o promos for $45/guest/day for all room types, so assuming that's the difference between the Advantage fare (no perk refundable deposit) and the Have it All fare when making a new booking as well.  No details on if the offer combines with agency promotional group rates or not.

image.png.509c22492997ea6667ec4d8f4f442104.png

image.png.b8f57b3b53d70c39e0a8c43c083e7a59.png

image.png.2a16af9a5d6a2a903e550ffcb6c22995.png

Interesting - since I just went through an NCL booking I took a look to see this compared with the 'actual' cost of the  "free at sea" NCL promo being a similar offering. The increased cost of the package itself and associated gratuities ended up being about $45/day (or $60/day for us Canucks) so very similar. (-:

The Have it all fare codes have started to be loaded in the travel agent booking system (not sure if they are showing up on the consumer website yet).  As of now they do NOT appear to be a fixed $/day differential between Advantage/Have it all - the amounts vary quite a bit and are all over the place as low as $28pp/day up to $55pp/day again depending on sailing/category.  This is not comprehensive as I just pulled 5 different sailings at random as a spot check  Additionally, as for now (and this could change), agency groups rates do not appear to combine with the Have it all offer. 

I will post again if any of these situations change

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

I thought the Have It All Promotion started today.  

3 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'm seeing it there now..

Official launch is tomorrow though it’s been loaded in system and displays online. There may be some pricing corrections in next few days. 

Just now, KroozNut said:

No.. I saw it when I was doing a search on a particular itinerary I am interested in.

I looked at some of my itineraries today and they were not promoted.  I will look again later.  

I just checked on my booking. The new pricing is displayed. The Have It All price is $470 more per person than when I booked under View and Veranda. 

I already have the drink package and a specialty dinner. The extra $470 would get me $200 shore excursion credit and wi-fi. I’m not sure if it would include another specialty dinner. The details  provided did not indicate that. 

Nevertheless, it appears that I’d be paying close to full value for any additional perks, so I’ll just keep my booking as it is. I’ll keep watching in case there are any adjustments, but right now I have no incentive to change.

• Like 1

14 days.

A chart I saw in a previous post said that longer cruises got additional dining, but that was not specified when I checked my booking. I did not pursue it because even another dinner does not make it worth the additional cost to me.

• Like 1

So my current booking is now listed and I can report this:

it is a 21 day cruise with the old Have It All.  Unfortunately the aft veranda category sold out over night and I am having to guesstimate a bit from memory.  I am guesstimating the price to be only $120 difference but I would lose my prepaid gratuities which is offset by the $300 shore excursions.  If I were to believe that WiFi prices were going to be the same as last year it might be worth changing but it is not something I think I need to jump on without careful analysis.  My numbers were run hastily.