Gift Card promo is back!!

rodndonna

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are not contracting the purchase with with Master  Card or Visa  . since we are making a ourchase with those credit cards  how could we legally make claim to the  Master Card Co or visa card co  .

Citi (in your case) is your agent with MasterCard and is a licensed user of the MasterCard brand, and by using your MasterCard, you are consenting to have their rule architure apply.  MasterCard's rules with respect to settlement, payments, chargebacks, merchants, etc. are universal and apply to all card issuers. TL;DR,  in the case of good / service not provided (specifically a merchant-branded prepaid gift card) you have recourse.   Scott. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Citi (in your case) is your agent with MasterCard and is a licensed user of the MasterCard brand, and by using your MasterCard, you are consenting to have their rule architure apply.  MasterCard's rules with respect to settlement, payments, chargebacks, merchants, etc. are universal and apply to all card issuers. TL;DR,  in the case of good / service not provided (specifically a merchant-branded prepaid gift card) you have recourse.   Scott. 

Still I am not comfortable with any arrangement that  my credit card  banks will not back up 100%  . Imo the risk is far too great . I am accustomed to risk but ,when i make a investing decision I am completely knowledgeable   of the facts involved  & comfortable in those decisions . with using my Citi Master Card or my Chase visa credit cards  I  am very far from comfortable to buy  holland america gift Cards   .I rather buy & sell the CCL stock at the appropriate time to fain a $250 OBC  toward our cruise  .if CCL board of Directors still approved of that perk  ;as it is voted upon on a yearly basis .it is & never was a  automatic perk  .Thus ,my bases are covered with out buying any thing far in advance .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, Daniel A said:

There is no limit to how many cards you can buy, but you cannot buy more than $10,000 in a single day, so if anyone wants more than $10,000 you need to make your purchases over multiple days.  The most that can be placed on any single card is $2,000, so if you wanted to buy $10,000 in one day, they will sell you five $2000 cards.  In order to buy $5,000 it would be spit up into two $2,000 cards plus one $1,000 card.

Be Carefull here - the T&C states

Bonus gift cards are applied on gift card purchases of $500 or $1,000 increments only. 

So - do not buy them in $2000 value - if you want the bonus cards

---

Offer ends this coming Sunday 5/9/21

I bought them in $2000 increments and had no problem receiving the bonus cards. Transaction receipt was sent promptly showing total purchase and the bonus cards then I received a separate email for each bonus card and the purchased gift card. I printed all of them out and kept copies on my computer. Was very easy to do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubadawg said:

I bought them in $2000 increments and had no problem receiving the bonus cards. Transaction receipt was sent promptly showing total purchase and the bonus cards then I received a separate email for each bonus card and the purchased gift card. I printed all of them out and kept copies on my computer. Was very easy to do.

+1. same for me....I bought two $2,000 gift cards and got the bonus cards ($200 total) in separate emails (within minutes of placing the online order).  Easy peasy and appreciate the 10% discount on our next cruise!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Bonus gift cards are applied on gift card purchases of $500 or $1,000 increments only. 

---

I bought a $2,000 under the just ended promotion and got 2 $100 bonus cards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RGEDad said:

---

That's odd - we  bought $3500 total as  $1500 and $2000 gift cards and received seven bonus $50 cards ($350). Not sure if that is a new thing about the $2000 not being eligible? We bought ours a couple of weeks ago.

17 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

I bought $2000card and have not received my gift card--trying to contact someone at HAL but no answer.

the promo ended last Sunday, did you purchase before that?

mine came immediately via email.

3 hours ago, shiner6 said:

I bought $2000card and have not received my gift card--trying to contact someone at HAL but no answer.

We bought a $2000 card and it showed up in our email about 5 hours later. The bonus card however was sent about 5 days later. I had called HAL when the bonus wasn't included on the receipt of the first one and was advised that the bonus was separate and would be sent later. And they were correct.