Room for 2, sleep 3

We have 2 families of 3 and trying to figure out if we can book a connecting room for 4 and 2 and if our son would have a place to sleep in our room (if we are in a room for 2). This would be on Odyssey so I know we dont know "for sure" but based on the other ships? 

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

We have 2 families of 3 and trying to figure out if we can book a connecting room for 4 and 2 and if our son would have a place to sleep in our room (if we are in a room for 2). This would be on Odyssey so I know we dont know "for sure" but based on the other ships? 

Thanks!

How old is your son?  Is there a sofa or loveseat?  Neither will open but if your son is young and small enough for the sofa, maybe. 

1 minute ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Tell the cruise line you're looking to book for 3 people, they will most likely put a Pullman/bunk bed in the room for him to sleep on.

I wasn't allowed to book a 2 person cabin for my son, dil, and granddaughter.   Granddaughter was not 6 yet.  I was trying to book 3 aft cabins in a line but tgey said the cabin had to officially hold 3. BTW 1 nt she stayed with us; slept on the sofa.  

5 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Tell the cruise line you're looking to book for 3 people, they will most likely put a Pullman/bunk bed in the room for him to sleep on.

Isn't a Pullman built into the wall or ceiling? I wouldn't think they could just install one. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

How old is your son?  Is there a sofa or loveseat?  Neither will open but if your son is young and small enough for the sofa, maybe. 

He will be 17 when we cruise, so likely not small enough. I was just wondering if there REALLY was not a bed LOL! Sounds like no... Oh well, back to the drawing board! 

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Isn't a Pullman built into the wall or ceiling? I wouldn't think they could just install one. 

I've also slept on a few that have unfolded from the couch (though I think the term "cot" might be more appropriate for them....I've heard both terms used interchangably).

4 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

He will be 17 when we cruise, so likely not small enough. I was just wondering if there REALLY was not a bed LOL! Sounds like no... Oh well, back to the drawing board! 

Book 2 cabins for three, and usually they sleep 4. So he can go back and forth. Even numbers sleep 2, odd sleep up to 4. D1, D3, sleep 4, D2, D4, sleep 2, go for 2 odd number categories

8 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

Sorry.  Does the other family also have a teen boy?  If so maybe a nearby inside for the 2 kids.

39 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

They will only do that if the child is under 2 at time of sailing. 

the only thing they can add to a room is pack n play. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, firstsailor said:

Thanks!

As long as your son does not mind sleeping on a couch you can do this.  Just ask the cabin steward to make up the couch with sheets snd provide a blanket. 

10 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Sorry.  Does the other family also have a teen boy?  If so maybe a nearby inside for the 2 kids.

I was going to say the same thing - depending on deals, a third room might even be cheaper.