Blue light cabins in Anthem of the Seas, heard Yet??

On 4/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, VS932 said:

I was lucky enough to be selected. Will be my first time with RCCL so looking forward to trying something different.

Congratulations. Hoping it's for at least 2 people so you have someone to cruise with. Have a great cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Not something I've seen personally,  but I'm also discussing this topic on another forum and someone there said lots of people on twitter are asking RCI they won't be vaccinated and can they still go. Or they can't make the available dates can they have another. 

Kind of annoying that people applied that can't actually do it when the t&Cs were very clear.

Edited by SquishTheWhale
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, planaholic said:

Thank you, that’s really useful.

strangely, that’s totally different to the e mail reply I got from RCL to say they’d received my entry - just said thank you and they’d respond on or before 30/04 to say if I was successful.

My theory is that those of you who still haven't heard may be in a reserve pool. The t&Cs state that those who decline the prize will be redrawn and there's also a bit about notifying everyone on the 30th or as soon as possible in the case of a re draw.

So I'm wondering if they have kept back a pool of people to re draw from and not yet notified them either way

2 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Not something I've seen personally,  but I'm also discussing this topic on another forum and someone there said lots of people on twitter are asking RCI they won't be vaccinated and can they still go. Or they can't make the available dates can they have another. 

Kind of annoying that people applied that can't actually do it when the t&Cs were very clear.

I agree it is annoying especially when other key workers have not been rewarded for their dedication through out the pandemic.  

I think blue light workers do deserve to be rewarded by RCI, either with a free cruise or a discount bonus, but why can't RCI offer other key workers a discount.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We won also, just at the registered stage at the moment and waiting for RC to allocate cabins etc. Looking at the drinks packages I can see how they are going to try to recoup the money!! Both of us are fully vaccinated which is fortunate and I do feel for those that haven't been yet, however, the T&Cs of the competition were fairly clear.

• Like 3

We had already booked the cruise but also registered for the draw, didn't win but will be on the cruise anyway. We are both vaccinated so good to go but I still cannot seem to be able to check in yet. The webpage is saying we will email you when we can check in. Not long to go and we are counting the days down. I do think the drinks package is priced to get some of the money back! 

Oh, I thought it was the “blue lights” that you use to look for unsightly things.  Cabin has to be dark, anywhere you point your blue light, if you see light colored projectiles on the walls, the bathrooms even your bed spread you’ll be disgusted.  There was an actual report on this a long while ago.  Just be sure not to use the top blankets 😳

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to check in yet? it does say they will email when we can but we are 30 days from sailing and by now I am all sorted, ready to go with everything printed and doing my DW and kids heads in. Lets hope it's soon. 

No, apparently not, the requirements for vaccination/testing have been released today.  I would imagine the check in is being delayed until RC know a bit more how the easing of the covid restrictions will pan out.  Not moving to step 4 on 21st June could cause multiple issues for RC

By giving away 500 staterooms per cruise they’ve given away over 1000 passenger places per cruise and they have been removed from sale upon hitting 50% capacity. I’m expecting to hear soon that the prize has been withdrawn and find out what equivalent prize is offered

6 minutes ago, bernard301 said:

By giving away 500 staterooms per cruise they’ve given away over 1000 passenger places per cruise and they have been removed from sale upon hitting 50% capacity. I’m expecting to hear soon that the prize has been withdrawn and find out what equivalent prize is offered

I was surprised to be allowed to check in. 

I called this morning as we can only get up to the health declaration on the check in but cannot complete it, I was told they will not allow us to go further until the numbers have been reached.  Hoping it will be soon.