Relaxed rules for shore excursions...

sid_9169

On 4/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, sid_9169 said:

I just came across this. It appears that NCL will now be allowing passengers to explore ports on their own in certain instances. Formerly, they were only offering ship sponsored excursions. This is great news for me, as I hate being forced to book through the cruise line...

179538189_10226410273027220_31405949285177895_n.jpg

I wonder what that means? Like the Bahamas, the local protocol requires you to buy a COVID VISA to enter the country and travel freely, which include the cost of their local COVID health insurance. (We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas from Nassau). What about a port call or multiple port calls?

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I wonder what that means? Like the Bahamas, the local protocol requires you to buy a COVID VISA to enter the country and travel freely, which include the cost of their local COVID health insurance. (We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas from Nassau). What about a port call or multiple port calls?

Local protocols will mean that for example, if Italy say all arrivals need to be tested, then you will need to do that. If Spain say only booked tours allowed, you have to do that etc.

We booked the September 26, 2021 sailing on NCL Jade out of Athens because of NCL’s announcement. With the CDC’s latest guidance, independent shore excursions will be banned, along with other onerous conditions. I hope that NCL continues its current plans for foreign itineraries. I don’t think there will be too many people wanting to sail under the conditions proposed. 

C587FFD0-81D7-478D-99AE-2B11C095BFFA.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

You'd be surprised.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24942-cdc-will-eliminate-cruise-ship-buffet-require-organized-shore-excursions.html?fbclid=IwAR31A3mbSardWdNQ5N-5GEOw9MCeUZ-UdsKcAZd69y2CJYOV-QSWJgEB7Po 

Here is a link to the article. It doesn’t sound too appealing to me. Boxed meals. 6 feet between lounge chairs around the pool?  

oh, and they suggest that ships don’t sail to ports except those labeled level one. That would mean Iceland, China ( and I am certain they are reporting accurate numbers), Australia ( who won’t let us in anyway), and a couple of other countries, mostly in Africa. By the way, we couldn’t sail home, because we are still a Level 4!

Edited by stephensfamily5

5 minutes ago, stephensfamily5 said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24942-cdc-will-eliminate-cruise-ship-buffet-require-organized-shore-excursions.html?fbclid=IwAR31A3mbSardWdNQ5N-5GEOw9MCeUZ-UdsKcAZd69y2CJYOV-QSWJgEB7Po 

Here is a link to the article. It doesn’t sound too appealing to me. Boxed meals. 6 feet between lounge chairs around the pool?  

oh, and they suggest that ships don’t sail to ports except those labeled level one. That would mean Iceland, China ( and I am certain they are reporting accurate numbers), Australia ( who won’t let us in anyway), and a couple of other countries, mostly in Africa. By the way, we couldn’t sail home, because we are still a Level 4!

Level 4 is just a recommendation. We traveled to Mexico last summer when it was supposedly not allowed. We were fine. The CDC and the State Dept aren't disallowing Americans to travel to certain countries. What I meant by "you'd be surprised" was in response to your comment that not many people will want to sail with these conditions in place. They're selling out of cabins, so I'd say plenty of people are OK. (and part of that is due to lowered capacity which is required) Plenty of people are signing up for cruises right now. And I for one don't believe these ridiculous restrictions will even BE in place once cruising resumes from the US. I certainly won't be wearing a mask all of the time as a 100% vaccinated person.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, stephensfamily5 said:

We booked the September 26, 2021 sailing on NCL Jade out of Athens because of NCL’s announcement. With the CDC’s latest guidance, independent shore excursions will be banned, along with other onerous conditions. I hope that NCL continues its current plans for foreign itineraries. I don’t think there will be too many people wanting to sail under the conditions proposed. 

C587FFD0-81D7-478D-99AE-2B11C095BFFA.png

The CDC regulations have no bearing on cruises within Europe