Cancellation fee went from $100 > $1100 > $1300

TheMiz

28 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

On Board booking

That would be $100/person = $200.  However, in my experience*, the invoice would say it's $900.

* I did an on board open booking in Feb 2020 with a $100/person ($200 total) deposit.  I then used my open booking to book an August 2021 sailing in Dec 2020.  I did not put any more money toward the sailing.  The invoice had a $900 NRD penalty listed.

In Feb 2021, I L&S to a Sept 2022 sailing.  I did not put any more money toward the sailing.  My new invoice says the NRD penalty is $1100.  The $200 increase is the result of the $100/person ship/sailing date change (L&S).  While the $100/person change fee is waived with CWC, it is not waived if you cancel outside of CWC (whenever that will take affect?). 

As previously stated on this forum, change fees may be waived (for now), but they are actually based on (and accumulate) per the terms of the original and subsequent bookings.

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That would be $100/person = $200.  However, in my experience*, the invoice would say it's $900.

* I did an on board open booking in Feb 2020 with a $100/person ($200 total) deposit.  I then used my open booking to book an August 2021 sailing in Dec 2020.  I did not put any more money toward the sailing.  The invoice had a $900 NRD penalty listed.

In Feb 2021, I L&S to a Sept 2022 sailing.  I did not put any more money toward the sailing.  My new invoice says the NRD penalty is $1100.  The $200 increase is the result of the $100/person ship/sailing date change (L&S).  While the $100/person change fee is waived for with CWC, it is not waived if you cancel outside of CWC (whenever that will take affect?). 

As previously stated on this forum, change fields may be waived (for now), but they are actually based on (and accumulate) per the terms of the original and subsequent bookings.

You don't need to add an second passenger at the time of booking 

Firstly ... I could be wrong but the way I understand the CANCELLATION FEE is this:

if you Lifted & Shifted AFTER final payment (which is when RC seems to cancel cruises), then your “cancellation penalty” Is the percentage of the Cancellation Schedule on your booking confirmation. 

Our Feb 2/7/21 had a $250 penalty for canceling. When we lifted and shifted to 2/19/22 after final payment, the fee became $604.  The $604 was the percentage of the however days out from the cruise. 

I hope this is clear to everyone. Again, I could be wrong, but that’s how it was explained to me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Who owns your booking?  That is the person that needs to figure this out.  Make them earn their commission.  And make sure you provide them ALL the details.

Honestly I know what you are saying  the "owner" doesn't know and never seen this before

The Strategic Account Manger has been checking since Feb 5th and today she said its been moved to a different SAM.

Believe me I do appreciate all the help. 

Like I said, someone apparently made a change to the sailing on/before July 9, 2020.

My guess:

1) Booked May 2021 cruise

2) A change was made that triggered the $100/person change penalty (now $1100 total) on/before July 9, 2020.

3) L&S to Apr 2022 cruise which triggered the additional $100/person change penalty (now $1300 total).

You and your SAM need to figure out #2. 

If you don't cancel prior to final payment, it doesn't matter.  If you do, IIRC, you would get a FCC for the penalty amount - $100/person.  And if CWC is still in force, [that's for you to figure out].

59 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My guess:

2) A change was made that triggered the $100/person change penalty (now $1100 total) on/before July 9, 2020.

You and your SAM need to figure out #2. 

If you don't cancel prior to final payment, it doesn't matter.  If you do, IIRC, you would get a FCC for the penalty amount - $100/person.  And if CWC is still in force, [that's for you to figure out].

A_C

Change Fee.png

3 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

A_C = Another_Critic sorry 

13 Mar 2021   Agent copy 31 

I figured out A_C.  😄

Does the 05 Feb 2021 copy have a change fee listed?

Edit:  The $1100 to $1300 change is explainable (triggered by L&S).  Still don't know what change triggered the $900 (or $100/$200) to $1100 change.  But based on the July 9, 2020 invoice (shows $1100) it happened on/prior to that date.

Edited by Another_Critic

29 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I figured out A_C.  😄

Does the 05 Feb 2021 copy have a change fee listed?

Edit:  The $1100 to $1300 change is explainable (triggered by L&S).  Still don't know what change triggered the $900 (or $100/$200) to $1100 change.  But based on the July 9, 2020 invoice (shows $1100) it happened on/prior to that date.

No Change fee 

Feb 05 edited.png

Edited by TheMiz

On 4/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, Cigar King said:

Surely there's a better way to get help than posting here.  Is there no forum for TA's to discuss issues?

Surely there's a better way.....lol    this is not your personal website

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, Cigar King said:

Surely there's a better way to get help than posting here.  Is there no forum for TA's to discuss issues?

I find it very odd that a TA would come on here and ask these questions.

He's the TA for his own booking. He can certainly call the cruiseline regardless of retired or not

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 7:50 AM, cruisinfanatic said:

I find it very odd that a TA would come on here and ask these questions.

He's the TA for his own booking. He can certainly call the cruiseline regardless of retired or not

And he has countless times .  

• Like 1

When you move a booking after final payment date the penalty will follow.  That is the case, even if you do a lift and shift.  Sometimes there are exceptions to that rule, but the booking system isn't advanced enough to print out exceptions. 

21 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

When you move a booking after final payment date the penalty will follow.  That is the case, even if you do a lift and shift.  Sometimes there are exceptions to that rule, but the booking system isn't advanced enough to print out exceptions. 

Yes but this was all done before final payment. 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, scorpluvsdolphins said:

What if the cruise was free except port fees and taxes?

There is no cruise fare to deduct anything from. 

Post 9/11 did a Royal Cruise $50ea Taxes, $9each for Cruise. For 2 of us total was $118 for 5niter. Cant get much closer.

I have seen FCC become listed as a cancelation fee.  Basically if you cancel the FCC is not refundable and this was their way of identifying that.

I have a refundable booking with a cancellation fee that equals the FCC I applied to this booking.  The deposit I made on a credit card is refundable but the FCC I applied later is not.  If I cancel the FCC will be consumed by this cancellation fee leaving only my refundable deposit to be refunded.  

At least that's the way customer service explained it to me.

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have seen FCC become listed as a cancelation fee.  Basically if you cancel the FCC is not refundable and this was their way of identifying that.

I have a refundable booking with a cancellation fee that equals the FCC I applied to this booking.  The deposit I made on a credit card is refundable but the FCC I applied later is not.  If I cancel the FCC will be consumed by this cancellation fee leaving only my refundable deposit to be refunded.  

At least that's the way customer service explained it to me.

There is a FCC on this cruise but it is $684

On 5/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, TheMiz said:

Yes but this was all done before final payment. 

If the final payment date was pushed back, due to covid, then the system won’t recognize that and will automatically use the original date.  But the cruise line will honor the new penalty date.  Keep all of your invoices for your records.  

3 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

If the final payment date was pushed back, due to covid, then the system won’t recognize that and will automatically use the original date.  But the cruise line will honor the new penalty date.  Keep all of your invoices for your records.  

It was not pushed back at the time of the increases. Actually it was paid off before final.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, TheMiz said:

I can no longer get into the service history but 

Here are the last 2 little headers  I have no clue why it went from 20 to 31 copies.

20.png

31.png

If you called to ask about the penalty, the cruise line personnel probably sent invoices to themselves when they were looking at it. 

On 5/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, JsMom2 said:

If you called to ask about the penalty, the cruise line personnel probably sent invoices to themselves when they were looking at it. 

That could be, I am not able to order new  guest or agent invoices now that I am retired. And as of yesterday still no reply other than it is being looked at.