Newbie meeting with TA. Hoping for any advice.

Woofa

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes, but so does quoting someone's post (like I just did for you)

I do not get  an email if someone quotes me

Maybe it works for hosts  only ???

Sorry, still here but TA pushed back meeting until early June as she is traveling.  No rush for us.  We have been thinking about all of the great advice so far and may expand our options.

1. Might be best not to push Europe on our first cruise so staying more open.  As an example there is a 10 day Miami to Miami in January 23.  Lived in Miami many years and have lots of local free places to stay and easy flights.  Plus gives  us 10 days and a Veranda for about the same money.  (Never been to that area of the Caribbean.)

2.  Understand that Vista will be sailing by 2023 and would be amazing to go on a new ship.  We might choose to wait at least until we see what the itineraries and prices are.

But still lurking and taking in all of the advice.

Thank you all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Really? I always get an email when someone quotes or reacts to one of my posts. I think I get one also when they use the @ORV Must be in the settings somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

Really? I always get an email when someone quotes or reacts to one of my posts. I think I get one also when they use the @ORV Must be in the settings somewhere. 

@ORV

Probably

But I have those turned off 

do not need  more  mail LOL

Must be  a new feature  I have not seen those settings before  🤔

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

@ORV

Probably

But I have those turned off 

do not need  more  mail LOL

Must be  a new feature  I have not seen those settings before  🤔

Me too Linda..never get an email when someone quotes me..

Jancruz1

2 hours ago, Woofa said:

Sorry, still here but TA pushed back meeting until early June as she is traveling.  No rush for us.  We have been thinking about all of the great advice so far and may expand our options.

1. Might be best not to push Europe on our first cruise so staying more open.  As an example there is a 10 day Miami to Miami in January 23.  Lived in Miami many years and have lots of local free places to stay and easy flights.  Plus gives  us 10 days and a Veranda for about the same money.  (Never been to that area of the Caribbean.)

2.  Understand that Vista will be sailing by 2023 and would be amazing to go on a new ship.  We might choose to wait at least until we see what the itineraries and prices are.

But still lurking and taking in all of the advice.

Thank you all.

Sorry, if someone pushed me back a month, I would definitely make a change..

Jancruz1

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Woofa said:

Seems like the TA is not interested in your business

I agree with Jan  look for another Travel agent/agency 

JMO

• Like 1

another reason to arrive a few days early for embarkation is to allow your luggage to find you!  As some of us know, suitcases aren't always on the carousel at baggage. 

• 4 weeks later...

We are finally official.  Met with our new TA last night for over an hour (she was very nice and patient) and we are officially booked and deposit given.

After alot of discussion and great advice we decided that Europe would be a little too much at this time.  We have chosen a ten day western Caribbean cruise on Riviera  roundtrip from Miami leaving on January 4, 2023.  We will be staying in a B3 extended Balcony cabin, 7119.  We decided to go cruise only as I lived in South Florida for twenty years and our plan is to fly in the day before and stay with friends and also stay an extra day after the cruise, flying home to Dallas Sunday.  As we don't really drink and don't plan to do any ship excursions (maybe one) , we opted against Olife although she made it clear we can add it back later.

I really appreciate all of the help so far and I will definitely be coming back for more advice as we get closer.

573 days and counting down.  Now we are getting excited.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Woofa said:

We are finally official.  Met with our new TA last night for over an hour (she was very nice and patient) and we are officially booked and deposit given.

Enjoy

Hope you all won't mind if I start asking some questions even though we have a long way to go.

I have been unable to find a picture of our exact room balcony online (7119.). Is this a good idea of what our extended balcony should look like (lists as 7004) ?  Will it already be set up this way or do we have to let our TA know we want the chaise lounges?  Looks big enough for an actual small dining table, would they put something like that out there if we asked?

image.thumb.png.7055b3ba840403e8d6f9c4317266a6b1.png

Thanks in advance as I am working on a list of questions.😁

9 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Hope you all won't mind if I start asking some questions even though we have a long way to go.

I have been unable to find a picture of our exact room balcony online (7119.). Is this a good idea of what our extended balcony should look like (lists as 7004) ?  Will it already be set up this way or do we have to let our TA know we want the chaise lounges?  Looks big enough for an actual small dining table, would they put something like that out there if we asked?

image.thumb.png.7055b3ba840403e8d6f9c4317266a6b1.png

That is a nice deep balcony, looks like from the cabin entrance would provide some nice cover from the elements.  While I don’t know if they would, experienced O cruisers may, but I’d def want a full height dining table out there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Is this a good idea of what our extended balcony should look like

We have been in 7115 and that is exactly the set up we had on arrival. In our case there was no need to ask for the lounges. They were already there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woofa said:

Yes that  is what the  extended balconies look like

I think they now just leave the loungers there  as people will request them anyway

The front half you are overlooked from cabins above  but you will have privacy  closer to the doors

• Like 1

Thank you.  Next question.  At the moment we only have one medication between us that requires refrigeration.  My wife takes a monthly shot for her migraines and her shot will be during our scheduled cruise.  I understand that normal (room temperature) medication should be carried on board (not in your luggage,) along with a copy of the prescription.  How has your experience been for medications requiring refrigeration?  Will it be stored in our cabin fridge?  Thank you

When I was on Enbrel (weekly shot for RA), I stored the pens in our cabin fridge. I did carry them on the plane in the bag given to me by the drug company with a freezer pack, and had to explain that to TSA. 

• Like 1

We did one Oceania cruise on the Riviera in 2018 and it was a wonderful experience. Three of our O cruises were cancelled during the Covid, but we are booked for 18 nights in December (finger crossed).

Our 2018 cruise was 10 nights from Rome to Barcelona with 2 nights pre cruise in Rome. I would say this is probably the minimum, one week is definitely not enough. We took an inside cabin because we hardly spend any time in the cabin, and it was absolutely fine. The only negative was the bathroom which is REALLY small. As a compromise, I would take an outside cabin - it's much larger with larger bathroom, but still cheaper than balcony.

Personally I would say that O is almost in the same league as Crystal (except for entertainment). Food is as good if not better. Definitely few steps above lines like Celebrity or Princess. No crowds, no lines, excellent service. Great value for money!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, LHT28 said:

It's in your notifications settings. You can select email or Notification list (or both).

image.thumb.png.2e27800f2921bc5fe92ee938243172ff.png

3 hours ago, Woofa said:

Thank you.  Next question.  At the moment we only have one medication between us that requires refrigeration.  My wife takes a monthly shot for her migraines and her shot will be during our scheduled cruise.  I understand that normal (room temperature) medication should be carried on board (not in your luggage,) along with a copy of the prescription.  How has your experience been for medications requiring refrigeration?  Will it be stored in our cabin fridge?  Thank you

Our experience with cabin fridges is decidedly mixed. They're rarely too cold and sometimes not cold enough. I would suggest playing it safe and have it stored in the medical office. That monthly migraine medication is expensive, and I'd hate to have to replace it on a Caribbean cruise.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

It's in your notifications settings. You can select email or Notification list (or both).

Yes found it  before  but do not want emails 

I already got the notifications when I log in here

39 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Personally I would say that O is almost in the same league as Crystal (except for entertainment). Food is as good if not better. Definitely few steps above lines like Celebrity or Princess. No crowds, no lines, excellent service. Great value for money!

Oceania food is  a lot better IMO

😉

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Oceania food is  a lot better IMO

😉

Personally I would probably agree with you, but I'm very specific about what I like and Oceania menus suit me better. 

But I wanted to be polite and not to upset the Crystal guys since we have two Crystal cruise next year (just liked the itinerary) 

• Haha 1