Earliest flight time out from MIA, when arriving by cruise at Port Everglades

abpplh

28 minutes ago, abpplh said:

Sailing on the Allure in December.  Flying out of MIA - is a 1:30pm flight safe?

We did the opposite direction getting off of Symphony.  We were in the airport before noon.   We did the normal walk off and bag collection. Had we done self assist we would have been there two hours earlier.   We also took a taxi,  it would now be cheaper to take Uber, huge slow line for the RCL bus. Allure is awesome, happy cruising. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt book until cruises restart and we see how early cruises the timing is. Just me.

@firefly333I agree, at least for a while 😊 Should be OK like @sandebeach

says - I've had friends make much earlier flights by being in the first wave of the rush off ships LOL, but who knows how it will go now.

We drive down thankfully (+1 for living in FL!), but maybe others looking at flights should keep in mind what the conditions language shows. I would be concerned with when the disembarkation "scheduled time" is because it looks like they may not help you if you're trying to make a tight flight:

"Preparing for disembarkation. Your luggage will be electrostatically sprayed after you leave it outside your stateroom for collection, and you must wear any disposable gloves and any protective clothing if this is provided to you for use during the disembarkation process. We anticipate that disembarkation will take place at scheduled times and in notified groups. No special requests for early or delayed disembarkation can be accommodated due to the current health and safety processes in place.

Disembarkation, customs clearance, immigration and health screening checks will be carried out in strict compliance with local port regulations. This may cause some delay in your homeward or onward journey, and while we apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused, we do not assume any liability for resulting disruption caused by our compliance with health and safety procedures and/or local regulations applied from time-to-time."

2 hours ago, abpplh said:

Sailing on the Allure in December.  Flying out of MIA - is a 1:30pm flight safe?

That's a long way off - why don't you wait a while to book your air?  I have a cruise the last week in November and I'm not buying my air until I make final payment in August and I have time to see how things are being handled once cruises start back up.

Edited by mek

We did exactly that Pre-covid and had more than enough time to catch flight. That being said, agreeing with all the above replies that it's a bit of a gamble with the uncertainty of possible new debarkation protocols. If you can afford to wait till we learn more into cruising life post pandemic, then fantastic. Otherwise I would perhaps secure a flight where "flight changes" would be allowed. 

23 hours ago, abpplh said:

Royal is selling flights through Air 2 Sea departing FLL starting at 11:30am.  That leaves you an additional 2 hours to get to Miami .  Absolutely fine with a 1:30 flight. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, abpplh said:

yes, it should be. Unless you hit an anomaly, like we did - the ship didn't clear customs until after noon. Thankfully, our flight was out of FLL and at 5 pm.

Last time we cruised, it took over an hour to get a taxi - the line was unbelievable. The ship was rerouted to a different terminal and it was such a disaster.