Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

How were you able to do this?  When I go to book it only shows my credit makes me have to sign in as hubby as well to get his credit essentially making 2 reservations for the specialty...BUT I can make both of us a reservation for MDR and do everything else for the both of us signed in as me....what couple would make specialty dining reservations separately?

On mine I just checked myself and it books a table for two. I’ll just go once onboard and let them know he will be dining with me. 

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

How were you able to do this?  When I go to book it only shows my credit makes me have to sign in as hubby as well to get his credit essentially making 2 reservations for the specialty...BUT I can make both of us a reservation for MDR and do everything else for the both of us signed in as me....what couple would make specialty dining reservations separately?

We are 3 cabins.  I have the other 2 cabins listed under Travel Companions with their booking numbers and have DMW for a party of 6.. We each have a specialty dining as a perk.

When I try to book a specialty dining, I ticked off the other 4 people to book them with my cabin.  It shows a party of 6.  It only shows a $29 credit for myself.

If I can booked for 6 on DMW with their booking #, why not for the specialty dining?

48 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

On mine I just checked myself and it books a table for two. I’ll just go once onboard and let them know he will be dining with me. 

But I thought the entire point of this new app and DMW was so we could do this on the app when we wanted and spend less time in line while on our vacation...I believe that is what it said on one of the medallion class things.  To me that just makes more work...

25 minutes ago, phabric said:

We are 3 cabins.  I have the other 2 cabins listed under Travel Companions with their booking numbers and have DMW for a party of 6.. We each have a specialty dining as a perk.

When I try to book a specialty dining, I ticked off the other 4 people to book them with my cabin.  It shows a party of 6.  It only shows a $29 credit for myself.

If I can booked for 6 on DMW with their booking #, why not for the specialty dining?

I agree...why allow some things to be done for all and not this.  I hope princess sees this and corrects it.  What is the point of booking for one and then having to go once on board and correct...seems silly and not thought through on princess side.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

But I thought the entire point of this new app and DMW was so we could do this on the app when we wanted and spend less time in line while on our vacation...I believe that is what it said on one of the medallion class things.  To me that just makes more work...

I agree...why allow some things to be done for all and not this.  I hope princess sees this and corrects it.  What is the point of booking for one and then having to go once on board and correct...seems silly and not thought through on princess side.

You can book your party into a Specialty Dining restaurant.  However, my reading of several threads on the subject is that the DMW feature only recognizes a free credit for the one booking and no one else in the party,  This seems to be a bug IMO.  Should be able to do for all.  I read of one customer who booked herself into a restaurant and then signed in and booked husband.  So, those are now two single diners sitting at two separate tables.  Kind of fills up the restaurant quickly and has to be fixed on-board.  Hopefully, this poster will deal with it on Day 1 in order to free up a table. 

I have not tried to do this type of booking this far ahead, but I do hope someone has reported it to Medallion Class team to be addressed. 

It used to be that you could not book Specialty online and expect the system to use a free-bee.  You had to pay or wait until on-board.  Either revert to that policy, or code the system to check for and recognized if any/all of the diners have a credit.

Perhaps Princess decided that each customer should decide when to use their Specialty Dining credit, but what difference does it make when used?  Claim it at first opportunity and go from there.

We and our friends all have Specialty Dining credit on each segment of our next trip, so I am waiting to see what happens.  Never had issue getting Crown Grill or other when on board.  CG is the most popular by far AFAIK.

I can confirm that the complicated process for booking specialty restaurants only exists when you are trying to get the “free” boarding day benefit when you are in a suite.  If you want to book the two of you into a speciality restaurant and are paying like most of us, then the husband or wife can make a reservation for 2.  On our September cruise on the Ruby, we’ve done it both ways.  The complicated two individual bookings process for the first night, and the regular make a reservation for two on another night.  For most passengers, the complicated process won’t apply since there are a small number of suites compared to the 1,500 cabins on board.  Norm

10 minutes ago, nreeder said:

I can confirm that the complicated process for booking specialty restaurants only exists when you are trying to get the “free” boarding day benefit when you are in a suite.  If you want to book the two of you into a speciality restaurant and are paying like most of us, then the husband or wife can make a reservation for 2.  On our September cruise on the Ruby, we’ve done it both ways.  The complicated two individual bookings process for the first night, and the regular make a reservation for two on another night.  For most passengers, the complicated process won’t apply since there are a small number of suites compared to the 1,500 cabins on board.  Norm

Yes,  but lots of people have a free Specialty Dining credit on account due to Princess promo's.  Can be used any night.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, TonyM99 said:

Only found out today via the Crusie Critic thread for our cruise about these changes - Reading some of the comments on this thread er seem to be in the minority as we have always enjoyed TD late sitting and have always viewed it as a big part of our cruise experience - On virtually all of our Princess cruises we have lucky with the table selection normally 8 person and have met some great people from all over the world a number of which we still keep in touch with a one couple have become firm friends. So we would like to still have that same "Old" traditional dining But looks like that's changing - General opinion here seems to be even if we manage same table at same time our Dinner guests could well be different each night - So constant first night experience which will certainly dampen our enjoyment - So guess have to wait and see how this develops as out cruise which is virtually fully booked is not until April 22 

Also having today set up app etc - every time I try and log onto Dine My Way I just get a message that its not available right now !! 

I was told today by my TA and a Princess sales rep is you cannot do the DMW app until you have paid for your cruise in full.  Charlie

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Not True.

You can also do it if you are Platinum or Elite.

It was stated earlier in this thread... this long, long thread... Anyone booked before June 7 can use the DMW app.  Booked after June 7 the DMW app is for paid in full, Elite, and Platinum.

We are gold and are able to book all nights and use the "one" promo credit for the specialty restaurant.  Not sure I am going to do the complicated way to get the two free credits booked.  I will wait another month for the shake out cruises to happen.

• Like 1

So if you are going to use OBC for Specialty restaurant do you just book / pay and have final accounting resolve payment issues ? i.e. looks like it is charged to your credit card but OBC will resolve charges until exhausted and the Credit Card is applied.

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

So if you are going to use OBC for Specialty restaurant do you just book / pay and have final accounting resolve payment issues ? i.e. looks like it is charged to your credit card but OBC will resolve charges until exhausted and the Credit Card is applied.

No, the credit card is charged immediately when booking the specialty restaurant. It is not charged to your onboard account.

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

In the past you could only apply OBC shown on your account to ship tours, nothing else. Any charges for dining were direct to your credit card when booked and could not be credited back once on board. I have not seen any change to this practice. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

It was stated earlier in this thread... this long, long thread... Anyone booked before June 7 can use the DMW app.  Booked after June 7 the DMW app is for paid in full, Elite, and Platinum.

We are gold and are able to book all nights and use the "one" promo credit for the specialty restaurant.  Not sure I am going to do the complicated way to get the two free credits booked.  I will wait another month for the shake out cruises to happen.

If you have one res for a table for 2, you could just show up w/your partner and get the other freebie sorted at the time of your res. Pretty sure (99.9%) that they'll not allow a 2nd person to sit at your table for 2.😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nreeder said:

Many also have speciality dining as a promotion and the issues persist as you can’t book more than just yourself using this dining promotion.  

I also canceled one to book for another night and my dining credit disappeared now on the app.

• Thanks 1

Well so far so good, signed in OK with Booking Number then created account using same email and password as Princess login and everything works OK. I have only done basic stuff like bed preference etc. name, address, emergency contact. iPad iOS 14.6 iPhone SE iOS 14.4.

Barry ATL, I booked a trans Atlantic for Nov 2022 back on may 30th, I didn’t wanted to book any specialties, just a traditional dining @ 7:15 each night for a table of 8. This showed on my princess up

until about 10days ago when It disappeared. When I spoke to,Princess about why it was missing the sales rep Pat told me l had to re request that table once I had payed for the cruise-around mid JUNE,2022. When I went to the app it only had info for booking anytime dining, nothing about traditional. My issue was 12 months from now these is a good chance that my dining choice will be fully booked.  Charlie

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well now the app deleted my dining reservations including the speciality dining on my 60th birthday and my dining promo credits are all gone.  This is annoying!

Interesting.  I immediately logged to see what was what and.... out of the "blue" our cancelled SEP 20/2021 voyage on PACIFIC has appeared.  So now, all of a sudden I am suffering from a cancelled cruise on my MC profile.  Our valid future voyages for 2022 are still there.  And, so are the dining reservations I had already setup. 

OceanReady still no good with "All Hands on Tech", so all we have is Medallion selection (free defaults) and credit card.  Even though my credit card (+ a bkup) are registered if I dig in and look, there is no green checkmark on the Blue Lane for Step 3.

Another Princess IT mystery.  Perhaps they had to add our canceled cruise in order to delete it this weekend when they are supposedly doing the flush of canceled voyages. 

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

OceanReady still no good with "All Hands on Tech", so all we have is Medallion selection (free defaults) and credit card.  Even though my credit card (+ a bkup) are registered if I dig in and look, there is no green checkmark on the Blue Lane for Step 3.

I have the "All hands on tech" (isn't that just sooooooooo cutesy? Bleh..) but the Medallion selection still just returns a blank white screen. I've entered the credit card info twice but it doesn't stick.

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have the "All hands on tech" (isn't that just sooooooooo cutesy? Bleh..) but the Medallion selection still just returns a blank white screen. I've entered the credit card info twice but it doesn't stick.

Did you see this post?  

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't get the cute thing...I get "loading". But nothing loads.

I was originally booked for the 7.15 traditional sitting on my Sky Princess cruise for next year. When the dining options  first went live I could only get 7.40 for every night. Then it was saying I could not book dining until the full balance was paid.

I spoke to my TA yesterday and she said that Princess were  attempting to honour as close to your original traditional dining time as possible. Now the app is showing my dining is at 7.20 every night except for the first night at 7.40. So happy camper now. Just hope it stays that way