You can still upgrade your drink package without upgrading to Elevate ?

brockmom

Just want to be sure I understand correctly. One can still upgrade the drink package without having to upgrade to the 

Elevate package ? 
And actually, can you still simply pay the difference of a drink between classic and premium when ordering ?

The classic usually does it for us if we can just pay the difference but with all these all inclusive changes, not sure if they still 

allow that ? 
thank you !

Brockmom

Since I don't Celebrity has sailed since all inclusive started, this may be subject to change. But when Celebrity used to sail, yes, you could upgrade the drink package for 11.80 pp pd. Or you could just pay the different between the drink price and the classic limit. That's what we did on our last cruise. Most of the drinks we wanted fit into the classic package just fine. We went to the martini bar a handful of times and paid around $4 a drink to upgrade the drink. Probably spent less than $20 total pp compared to $140 pp for upgrading a 12 night sailing. 

• Like 1

Yes Sanger 727...same with us and we found it  worked perfectly!

I guess I won’t know for sure until they start cruising again and we can all

see how the new way will be!

thanks

38 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Just want to be sure I understand correctly. One can still upgrade the drink package without having to upgrade to the 

Elevate package ? 
And actually, can you still simply pay the difference of a drink between classic and premium when ordering ?

The classic usually does it for us if we can just pay the difference but with all these all inclusive changes, not sure if they still 

allow that ? 
thank you !

Brockmom

I see no reason why you can't upgrade from the AI CBP to the PBP.  If you want a drink that's not covered by the CBP you will pay the difference plus a 20% gratuity. Just like in the past. 

Edited by davekathy

You can upgrade to the Premium Beverage  Package after final payment .  If you are a CaptIns Club Classic or Select you get a 5% discount,  Elite and Elite + get a 10% discount if you upgrade pre cruise.  So rather than $10 per day +20% gratuity =$12  with the 10% discount the cost is $9 +20% total $10.80 per day.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

You can upgrade to the Premium Beverage  Package after final payment .  If you are a CaptIns Club Classic or Select you get a 5% discount,  Elite and Elite + get a 10% discount if you upgrade pre cruise.  So rather than $10 per day +20% gratuity =$12  with the 10% discount the cost is $9 +20% total $10.80 per day.  

Any idea how that can be accomplished with the following restrictions: 

I will become diamond on Royal in July 2022 and remain in europe for the following six weeks prior to embarking in august on celebrity (thus getting elite status). I will not have any phone service in between these cruises. 

24 minutes ago, denatravels said:

Any idea how that can be accomplished with the following restrictions: 

I will become diamond on Royal in July 2022 and remain in europe for the following six weeks prior to embarking in august on celebrity (thus getting elite status). I will not have any phone service in between these cruises. 

Sorry I don’t know.  The discount on upgrading is a new CC benefit.  In the past to get the discount applied we had to call the Captains Club.  I doubt the IT system has been updated to automatically apply the discount.  You might want to call the Captains Club now and ask them.

4 hours ago, TexCalCruiser said:

We are on the Apex Sep 25 and I upgraded myself from Classic to Premium for 10.80 per day

My wife doesn’t drink alcohol so we kept her at Classic

Interesting. My upgrade was $75 and change and I was told both people in the cabin HAD to upgrade.

9 hours ago, Podie said:

Interesting. My upgrade was $75 and change and I was told both people in the cabin HAD to upgrade.

Yes, I was surprised when the agent told me I could just upgrade one of us-.

I also upgraded just my wife's Internet to Stream and kept mine at Surf.

I went to the online Order History of my booking and can confirm that it's Classic Drink for her and Premium Drink for me, and Stream Internet for her and Surf Internet for me.

2 hours ago, TexCalCruiser said:

Yes, I was surprised when the agent told me I could just upgrade one of us-.

I also upgraded just my wife's Internet to Stream and kept mine at Surf.

I went to the online Order History of my booking and can confirm that it's Classic Drink for her and Premium Drink for me, and Stream Internet for her and Surf Internet for me.

May I ask how much it cost to upgrade from Surf to Stream?

13 hours ago, Podie said:

Sounds like classic X - ask two reps, get two completely different answers!

In the past, one person in a cabin could upgrade from Classic to Premium, it did not require both people to. We do this every cruise as my husband likes martinis and drinks spirits straight. I on the other hand am quite happy with the Classic package and pay the extra for the occasional drink not covered. I hope this is not a new thing piggy backing on the AI making all occupants take the upgrade ☹️

Edited by downsmead

26 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Sounds like classic X - ask two reps, get two completely different answers!

In the past, one person in a cabin could upgrade from Classic to Premium, it did not require both people to. We do this every cruise as my husband likes martinis and drinks spirits straight. I on the other hand am quite happy with the Classic package and pay the extra for the occasional drink not covered. I hope this is not a new thing piggy backing on the AI making all occupants take the upgrade ☹️

My friend and I have done the same thing, as I don't need the premium package. But recently I saw in writing that they would not allow only one in the cabin to upgrade. So - big surprise - they're breaking their own rule lol.

4 hours ago, Podie said:

My friend and I have done the same thing, as I don't need the premium package. But recently I saw in writing that they would not allow only one in the cabin to upgrade. So - big surprise - they're breaking their own rule lol.

Never seen the requirement on Celebrity,  RCL yes.    In the past when you selected perks then both people in the cabin had to select the same perks.  But upgrades were allowed per person and I suspect that's how they are presented in Cruise Planner.

6 hours ago, Podie said:

Your source? 

6 hours ago, Podie said:

I have seen that when considering upgrading AI to Elevate or Indulge that everyone in the cabin must upgrade, but I have never found anything suggesting individuals cannot upgrade their own drink packages. DW and I had different drink packages on our first X cruise.

For the AI upgrade, X says this, if anyone is interested:

Do all guests in the stateroom have to upgrade to Elevate or Indulge or can only guest one or two choose the package but not guests three or four?

If a booking is made with Always Included package pricing all guests in the stateroom will receive the package amenities and will be booked with Always Included package pricing.  If one guest in the stateroom chooses to upgrade to the Elevate or Indulge Package, all guests in the stateroom must also upgrade and choose the same package.

• Like 1