SPECIALTY DINING RESERVATIONS

smilin jack

3 hours ago, smilin jack said:

I have a question, when the SPECIALTY DINING RESERVATIONS open up, do the higher suites get to sign up first, like they did on other lines we cruised on?

What Stumblefoot said🙂 I book a regular balcony and have always been able to make dinner reservations as soon as it opens on line.

• Like 2

I have just received a very tempting brochure in the post from Silversea - only wish I could cruise soon - and it appears that the speciality dining is now all inclusive, as well as caviar.  Is that the case?

It was one of the things which turned us towards Seabourn, a few years ago.

Lola

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I have just received a very tempting brochure in the post from Silversea - only wish I could cruise soon - and it appears that the speciality dining is now all inclusive, as well as caviar.  Is that the case?

It was one of the things which turned us towards Seabourn, a few years ago.

Lola

Hi Lola, good morning (afternoon for you).🙂  If Specialty Dining is included, it is new for sure. It is not included in my upcoming cruise unless they have changed policy and still need to update the website. It still shows prices for all the "Pay Restaurants".

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

...and it appears that the speciality dining is now all inclusive, as well as caviar.  Is that the case?

Caviar has been included and available anytime shortly after the original RCL investment.  Specialty dining still has charges ($60 La Dame, $40 Kaiseki).  Supposedly, S.A.L.T. will not include any dining fees.

Thanks for the clarification.  The printed brochure made it sound as if absolutely everything was now included.

I know it is not very important;  just find it a bit sad on a line where you usually happily ask for anything you want, more or less.  I admit that I don't like having to book in advance for speciality dining on any line, either, but that is just being selfish!  I guess I should have my own yacht.

Lola

• Like 3

Good morning....Lola, nothing wrong with wanting to wait to book your dinner reservations.  I can understand it.  I sail solo and sometimes I just want to wait as well because there is always the possibility of meeting other folks on board and you may want to dine together (not knowing that beforehand).  Example is my upcoming sailing.......I booked 3 nights on line...one in Terrazza, one at the Grille and one at Silver Note......figured I would just get myself in those spots at least once. But the other 7 nights? Will just leave them up in the air.  I definitely want to try SALT though🙂....it shows open seating on line.

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thanks for the clarification.  The printed brochure made it sound as if absolutely everything was now included.

I know it is not very important;  just find it a bit sad on a line where you usually happily ask for anything you want, more or less.  I admit that I don't like having to book in advance for speciality dining on any line, either, but that is just being selfish!  I guess I should have my own yacht.

Lola

Couldn’t  agree more.Sailed with Silversea for 22 years and thoroughly enjoyed the total freedom to  do what you want ,when you want and with whom you want as well as having the same table in the MDR arranged for each night of the cruise.All we had to do if alternative arrangements were made was to let the Maitre d know.This high quality service throughout is the major attraction as are the small Ships in the SS fleet.

13 hours ago, lincslady said:

The printed brochure

A printed brochure?  Would you kindly post the title of the brochure with dates so that I could request such from either Silverseas or my travel agent?  

This I perhaps described incorrectly as a brochure - it is a 40 page  brochure sized advertising blurb  produced for the UK market, prices in sterling, 'from' the MD for UK and Ireland, sent by  a cruise agent.  The title is Discover Authentic Beauty, and the cover picture of Portofino.  It seems to cover all the 2022 cruises, but not in much detail.  No idea if something similar is available in he US.  

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

A printed brochure?  Would you kindly post the title of the brochure with dates so that I could request such from either Silverseas or my travel agent?  

Please think about the dead trees needed and the chemicals for the 'full colour glossy' bit and the carbon dioxide emitted by the delivery vehicles just for information that is fully available, probably in more detail, online.

PS Yes, I know the internet contributes to climate change, but not as much this does in relative terms if gazillions are printed and delivered.

Edited by jollyjones

11 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Please think about the dead trees needed and the chemicals for the 'full colour glossy' bit and the carbon dioxide emitted by the delivery vehicles just for information that is fully available, probably in more detail, online.

Some of us cruisers still prefer a hard copy in our hands.  Does that make us more unconcerned about the environment?  Speaking for myself, no.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Compared to the environmental impact of the cruises themselves and the air miles expended by passengers reaching their destinations, the brochures are a drop in the ocean. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Compared to the environmental impact of the cruises themselves and the air miles expended by passengers reaching their destinations, the brochures are a drop in the ocean. 

Thanks for the reassurance, tts.  For about one second I felt terrible guilt for looking at this unsolicited printed stuff.   And I promise  it will go for recycling.

Yes, it is identical to the US version.

Lola😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Silversea newbie here about to pay for a Spirit cruise.  I am still more than 120 days out from specialty dining reservations.  Do I have to be sure I book early on the 120th day?  Just not sure how difficult the reservations are to get.  And can someone point me to a great place to learn more about the different specialty options and which ones are most popular?  We are celebrating our 30th anniversary while onboard so I am planning to dine at the high end restaurant ($60/person) on that night unless others think that's a bad idea.

1 hour ago, lovestx said:

Silversea newbie here about to pay for a Spirit cruise.  I am still more than 120 days out from specialty dining reservations.  Do I have to be sure I book early on the 120th day?  Just not sure how difficult the reservations are to get.  And can someone point me to a great place to learn more about the different specialty options and which ones are most popular?  We are celebrating our 30th anniversary while onboard so I am planning to dine at the high end restaurant ($60/person) on that night unless others think that's a bad idea.

Good morning🙂 Happy Anniversary!(early).  You can make reservations at 120 days to start but I have found spaces available after that time as well. So, in my opinion you don't have to book everything on that first day.  I am sailing in July and there are still open spaces on my cruise but I have a feeling these summer Moon sailings are not going to be sell outs.

As for where to look for the restaurants? I think there is information on the website. La Terrazza is Italian.   La Dame is French........food and presentation are wonderful. Great choice for your celebration🙂......and to be honest, the food and presentation in all the dining venues is really, really good🙂

Hope you have a wonderful cruise🙂

Thanks, Lois!  We are cruising with you 🙂  I will join the Roll Call you started in the next day or two.

Have to say I am VERY impressed with MySilversea for excursion planning.  Website is light years ahead of Celebrity!!  Do Silversea passengers ever 'go it on their on' for excursions?  I am so used to doing that on Celebrity but enjoyed the ease of booking ship's tours when we were on the Paul Gauguin two years ago so I am fine either way.

3 minutes ago, lovestx said:

Thanks, Lois!  We are cruising with you 🙂  I will join the Roll Call you started in the next day or two.

Have to say I am VERY impressed with MySilversea for excursion planning.  Website is light years ahead of Celebrity!!  Do Silversea passengers ever 'go it on their on' for excursions?  I am so used to doing that on Celebrity but enjoyed the ease of booking ship's tours when we were on the Paul Gauguin two years ago so I am fine either way.

Hi...oh, I forgot we are sailing together LOL.......maybe we could do dinner one night🙂...what was your question? Do they go on their own? Yes, many of them. Depends on the port and what is offered.

1 hour ago, smilin jack said:

Lovetx, Here is a good video of the restaurants on the Spirit...it might give you some answers.

Silversea Cruises' Silver Spirit Complete Dining Guide 2021 - All 10 food venues reviewed! - YouTube

Thank you for posting this link!  It makes me more interested than ever in a Silverseas cruise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smilin jack said:

Lovetx, Here is a good video of the restaurants on the Spirit...it might give you some answers.

Silversea Cruises' Silver Spirit Complete Dining Guide 2021 - All 10 food venues reviewed! - YouTube

Hi Jack, thanks for posting this link........I am so ready to sail again😃

• Like 1