Carnival might not require Covid vaccine.

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yup. Anyone paying attention already knew this (yes, the executives have families too), yet it didn't stop many here from saying "oh well, no kids I guess" or some other dismissive drivel. 

Couldn't agree more.  I hold my comments with those demanding no kids or the "let's make it very difficult for anyone who isn't vaccinated so they hate their trip or cancel" group.  But it can make reading Cruise Critic a little unpleasant right now.

My kids are better behaved than some adults on the ships, and they love cruising.  We went to Universal last year and Disney this year, both said they would prefer a cruise to either theme park again for a while.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

See, more misinformation. Not experimental as you call it . What evidence to that claim do you have? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2M70MW

Excellent article, tats! Thanks for posting! That should quell the squakings of some that these are a "not tested and unapproved vaccines!" 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Right, so risk everyone else by the thousands by not requiring a vaccine to cater to 5 possible passengers that may be allergic to it. Makes total sense .... said no one ever. It’s money .... period. 

And just like people have a choice to get the vaccine, you have a choice to not cruise Carnival if you don't like that option.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, koolZip said:

We're talking about a virus. It doesn't care about your concept of "choice". It can't spread itself to other people. It relies on people who think a virus cares about "choice" to do that.

This is a cruise forum, not a virus forum. There are plenty of virus forums available, help yourself. The topic at hand in this thread is making the "choice" to cruise with Carnival using their current covid standard. No one is forcing a soul to cruise - hence "choice". If your desire is to be 100% safe - don't cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We should ALL respect other people's views on vaccinations.  We should respect those that got or want the vaccine and we should all respect the ones who don't want the vaccine.  Everyone has their reasons.  Your reason for or against might not align with others but it should be respected.  I don't blame people for not getting it.  My kids won't get it any time soon.  I won't allow it.  My wife and I are vaccinated.  If I was in my 20s or a teen, no way I would have gotten it.  We just don't know the effects of the vaccine yet.  Too soon!  So I respect those that decide to not get it for whatever reason that may be.  I don't believe anyone should be name calling or bashing those that got it or have not / will not get it.  Do what is best for you and your family.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

We should ALL respect other people's views on vaccinations.  We should respect those that got or want the vaccine and we should all respect the ones who don't want the vaccine.  Everyone has their reasons.  Your reason for or against might not align with others but it should be respected.  I don't blame people for not getting it.  My kids won't get it any time soon.  I won't allow it.  My wife and I are vaccinated.  If I was in my 20s or a teen, no way I would have gotten it.  We just don't know the effects of the vaccine yet.  Too soon!  So I respect those that decide to not get it for whatever reason that may be.  I don't believe anyone should be name calling or bashing those that got it or have not / will not get it.  Do what is best for you and your family.  

100% Agree!!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Abd213 said:

I am very interested to see how this plays out in 2, 5, 10+ years.  One side is going to be right and one is going to be wrong but the FACT is nobody knows.

I think it is a true statement that any serious side effects from a vaccine have been discovered within two months of its release. I'd be curious if any long term effects suddenly appeared after 2,5,10+ years after any vaccine was released. And specifically a vaccine, not a drug like thalidomide. Something hundreds of millions of people have received.

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

There are no guarantees. Doctors also can't assure surviving covid won't have long term effects, either.

Been there, done it. If I do it again, I'll keep the speed under 100. Promise.

Exactly.   I know many folks who have long term effect from getting COVID.  Some can't smell or taste still.  Some can smell and taste again but it all smells and tastes terrible.  Things like that.  Most of the ones that I know, who had COVID, had no side effects or very minimum side effects from it.  Most were asymptomatic or the symptoms were minor.  It is definitely crazy.  Gets everyone differently.  

It is a tough decision for sure.  I respect both sides of the argument.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Just because the FDA approves, doesn't mean it is safe and will be safe for everyone.  I believe the FDA will approve it very soon and that is to get more people to go get the vaccine.  It will sway some people, that are sitting on the fence, to go get it.  Again, I don't blame folks for not getting it.  Honestly don't.

I don't blame people for not getting, but I don't think they can demand to play with people who are vaccinated, who will likely be the majority. Especially on optional activities or without additional safeguards. Their bodies, their choice. Our bodies, our choice. It's only fair.

1 hour ago, cruiseracer said:

Control freaks struggle with this concept.

It's not that difficult really...If I don't like what the guidelines are once my final payment is due than I am prepared to cancel and do something else.  That is the beauty, Choices!!  

• Like 1