Vision from Bermuda cancelled

1 hour ago, bourbon52 said:

Please let me know for what airline? I've been looking and most are close to $900 RT for two, leaving Boston or Providence, and the flights are anywhere from 5 to 8 hours with layovers. Looking to go to Miami or FLL if I have to, no stops would be nice. Thanks 

JetBlue in June and July, for one.  Try googleflights and look at the calendars.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFontaine said:

And here's another problem they're creating. They are teasing Bermuda cruises from the US, but they've now canceled the Vision and the Summit in the last few days with no replacement,  and given a very short window to rebook with the 125% bonus. Even if their computer models aren't done and selling can't commence, why not be very clear on this?  Royal, are you going to Bermuda from the US this summer? 

What are the chances they will said from the east coast to Bermuda ?    We had our Boston to Bermuda on NCL in November 2021 cancelled a while ago.   We would still love to make the trip in the fall from the US. 

We were on the Serenade to Bermuda in 2019, our last cruise and booked it on NCL for the next year, it has been cancelled twice 2020 and 21.  No word about the Boston port opening so far but we keep hoping. 

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The worst itinerary ever. Four days at sea in the Atlantic. Prone to rough seas. They call that region the Bermuda Triangle. Bermuda itself is great. Why bother with the Covid testing and the like and sail to a cruise line private island from an island paradise? 

We disagree.   We actually loved the idea of 4 sea days.   You also got 1.5 days in Bermuda with using the ship as a floating hotel for your meals and sleep.   Since we had a b2b booked that would have given us 3 + full days in Bermuda.    Maybe look on a map at the bermuda triangle.     Most cruises going into the bahamas and other caribbean islands sail thru triangle.          

I guess you have no desire to do a TA or TP crossing.    If you don't like sea days.

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We disagree.   We actually loved the idea of 4 sea days.   You also got 1.5 days in Bermuda with using the ship as a floating hotel for your meals and sleep.   Since we had a b2b booked that would have given us 3 + full days in Bermuda.    Maybe look on a map at the bermuda triangle.     Most cruises going into the bahamas and other caribbean islands sail thru triangle.          

I guess you have no desire to do a TA or TP crossing.    If you don't like sea days.

I have done a crossing on the QM2 which is an ocean liner built for Atlantic crossings. We had 20 foot waves some days. Barely felt it as the ship was designed for that.  Also on some of my Bermuda sailing srom US ports we had very rough seas. Flying to Bermuda to do four days of possible rough sea days on Vision of the Seas does not sound enticing to me. The Atlantic is not the Caribbean. And as I said before in other threads I would simply fly to Bermuda and do it as a land vacation rather than sail to the private island. The Viking Cruise itinerary and using that ship as a hotel would make somewhat more sense since it calls at more desirable Bermuda locations and it would not have the mediocre Royal Caribbean food. The Viking ship would be a desirable floating hotel. I can't say the same about Vision. 

Sorry though that your cruises were canceled. Royal Caribbean is very bottom line and they don't have any loyalty to customers when more revenue can be made elsewhere. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How would you feel if instead of cancelling they just move the departure port to one in Florida an reimburse people for any airline change fees or give you the choice to cancel?

Bingo, I’ll vote for that!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When are you looking to fly?

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When are you looking to fly?

August 20th  I checked Southwest, prices looked okay but I do not want to spend 8 hours for a 3 and half hour flight. 

28 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

August 20th  I checked Southwest, prices looked okay but I do not want to spend 8 hours for a 3 and half hour flight. 

Jetblue has a 6AM nonstop flight from Providence to FLL for $116. Now, what were you asking me about reasonable airfare?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jetblue has a 6AM nonstop flight from Providence to FLL for $116. Now, what were you asking me about reasonable airfare?

The price is great, not crazy about so early, but then from FLL need to get to Miami. Also the return flight is around 9:30 PM, not crazy about those hours either, but I guess I can't be to picky if I want to save money. Thanks for your help.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, NightOne said:

C, D, E, F , and G too

Exactly - I already changed one of my bookings 5 times since last December (last change occurred 2 days ago).  Each change is hand picking itinerary involving hours of search, thinking, decision making (cruise, air, hotels, vacation days requests at work, and more).  And I do not blame the cruise line whatsoever; it simply trying to stay alive as all of us due to the purposely created chaotic hypocritical madness.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, Charles4515 said:

The worst itinerary ever. Four days at sea in the Atlantic. Prone to rough seas. They call that region the Bermuda Triangle. Bermuda itself is great. Why bother with the Covid testing and the like and sail to a cruise line private island from an island paradise? 

I'm more about the days at sea then the ports anyways.

I've sailed that section on the Empress of the Seas, straight from Norfolk to Bermuda, with pretty much beam seas the entire time. It wasn't that bad, but even the Empress of the Seas is longer, wider and heavier then the vessels I'm use to and I prefer to know I'm on a ship.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:47 PM, JCMass. said:

What are the chances they will said from the east coast to Bermuda ?    We had our Boston to Bermuda on NCL in November 2021 cancelled a while ago.   We would still love to make the trip in the fall from the US. 

We were on the Serenade to Bermuda in 2019, our last cruise and booked it on NCL for the next year, it has been cancelled twice 2020 and 21.  No word about the Boston port opening so far but we keep hoping. 

There are sailings to Bermuda from Baltimore on RCL.