Vision from Bermuda cancelled

11 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

No. Just no.

There's plenty to blame on the CDC but RC made a bet on the timing of resumption to U.S. cruising and decided to the risk deploying Vision to an expensive, remote port with limited infrastructure and an unattractive itinerary rather than waiting for U.S. cruising to resume. 

They sold it like "welcome back to cruising, this ship is actually going to sail"! Then they lost their bet and out of selfish economic interest are screwing passengers who trusted them at their word.  

If I was on one of these sailings I would be livid, even moreso if I had bought nonrefundable air and hotel outside of RC.

Mic Drop.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If any of us learned anything with this pandemic, book refundable anything.  

I always book refundable because life happens. If I was inclined to book a cruise during these uncertain times I would have booked air to sea because I couldn't afford to pay for the refundable airline tickets. I will say that JetBlue has been very accommodating. I don't mind an airline credit because I will use that credit easier than a cruise credit. Also I will never book anything lower than an obstructed balcony. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure they had a ton of logistics issues to overcome in Bermuda.  I'd think Nassau would be a similar nightmare now.

We have a cruise booked out of Nassau in July. I am starting to think cruises out of Nassau will be cancelled soon too. 

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have a cruise booked out of Nassau in July. I am starting to think cruises out of Nassau will be cancelled soon too. 

I suspect if the CDC and FL reach some type of agreement - no vaccine requirement but pre-embarkation testing, etc., all the ships will hurry back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

No,

They being RC should Honor their commitment

Doesn't matter what you or I think they should do, they will make their best business decision for their company.  I didn't say I agree with it.  But I do know from personal experience, they will try to make reparation for anybody who is displaced by these decisions. All I said was the fact that they have cancelled them means they are speedily trying to move the operations back to the US.

14 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

rather than waiting for U.S. cruising to resume. 

Do you not understand they had no choice but to stop the bleeding?  This is an international company, not an individual; with huge financial investments, two new ships were coming out and no income coming in....

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Based on sold-out cabins and categories it appears as though 40%-50% of the cabins on our July Adventure cruise have been sold. I usually sail other lines but thought I'd give Royal another shot. I sincerely hope they don't cancel.

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Based on sold-out cabins and categories it appears as though 40%-50% of the cabins on our July Adventure cruise have been sold. I usually sail other lines but thought I'd give Royal another shot. I sincerely hope they don't cancel.

How would you feel if instead of cancelling they just move the departure port to one in Florida an reimburse people for any airline change fees or give you the choice to cancel?

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

How would you feel if instead of cancelling they just move the departure port to one in Florida an reimburse people for any airline change fees or give you the choice to cancel?

No problem as long as Air2Sea moves my flights AND my upgrades. I'm flying from LA so... far is far. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Their problem, not the fault of the Vision passengers they screwed over.

Do you not understand that some business decisions are bets? RC bet wrong and now they want a do-over at the expense of booked passengers. 

Totally Agree!! But the problem at least on Cruise Critic, is that some posters stick up more for International Companys than their fellow man....And you wonder why society is so messed up...

On 5/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Airfare was $99 per RT out of Newark or $149 pp RT out of PHL (other airports were available at these rates too).    It was cheaper for me to fly there than to park my car in a port for a week.

We were trying to book this cruise for June 26th and the best airfare they gave me was $550 out of Newark, New York, Philadelphia and even Charleston. They said they only had a limited number of the discounted flights. So the high airfare was too much for us to want to spend. I am now looking at the Bahama’s cruise for June 26th and they do have the $249 RT out of FLL. 

• Like 1

And here's another problem they're creating. They are teasing Bermuda cruises from the US, but they've now canceled the Vision and the Summit in the last few days with no replacement,  and given a very short window to rebook with the 125% bonus. Even if their computer models aren't done and selling can't commence, why not be very clear on this?  Royal, are you going to Bermuda from the US this summer? 

3 hours ago, sailor05 said:

I am now looking at the Bahama’s cruise for June 26th and they do have the $249 RT out of FLL. 

$249 for two flights that take less than an hour each way does not strike me as some sort of bargain.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

$249 for two flights that take less than an hour each way does not strike me as some sort of bargain.

Actually it is quite a bargain. Unless you're flying to some nondescript place in the middle of the week, flights are expensive right now since demand is increasing again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually it is quite a bargain. Unless you're flying to some nondescript place in the middle of the week, flights are expensive right now since demand is increasing again

Fine if you consider it a bargain. I can fly from RI to FLL for less and that is about 7 hrs in the sky roundtrip.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any international flight is going to have high fixed fees for government fees and taxes, even on a low base fare.

On a $335 roundtrip to Puerto Vallarta this year, $125 of that $335 was for government taxes and fees. The return flight to the US had 7 different taxes and fees:

U.S. 9/11 Security Fee

Animal and plant health inspection fee

International Airport Transportation Tax

U.S. Passenger Facility Chg

International Transportation Tax

US Immigration and Naturalization user fee

US customs User Fee

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Fine if you consider it a bargain. I can fly from RI to FLL for less and that is about 7 hrs in the sky roundtrip.

Please let me know for what airline? I've been looking and most are close to $900 RT for two, leaving Boston or Providence, and the flights are anywhere from 5 to 8 hours with layovers. Looking to go to Miami or FLL if I have to, no stops would be nice. Thanks 

On 5/20/2021 at 12:53 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

Given this cruise was Bermuda, a few days at sea and CocoCay, it sounds like a nice cruise. I just wish is sailed from Baltimore or Norfolk.

The worst itinerary ever. Four days at sea in the Atlantic. Prone to rough seas. They call that region the Bermuda Triangle. Bermuda itself is great. Why bother with the Covid testing and the like and sail to a cruise line private island from an island paradise? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

The worst itinerary ever. Four days at sea in the Atlantic. Prone to rough seas. They call that region the Bermuda Triangle. Bermuda itself is great. Why bother with the Covid testing and the like and sail to a cruise line private island from an island paradise? 

Agreed! That is why we did not book it and instead booked the Adventure. I LOVE Bermuda, but all those sea days and one day at Coco Cay? No thanks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Exactly, but some are so desperate to be on their balcony reading a book that they don't even care about the itinerary and all of the inconveniences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bourbon52 said:

Please let me know for what airline? I've been looking and most are close to $900 RT for two, leaving Boston or Providence, and the flights are anywhere from 5 to 8 hours with layovers. Looking to go to Miami or FLL if I have to, no stops would be nice. Thanks 

When are you looking to fly?