Alaska Cruises to Begin in July

ProfMHC

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Only way to get caught is if someone in authority decides to contact the organization that supposedly did the vaccinations and verify that the one or two jabs were done for that person on the date(s) indicated with the batch numbers listed by the indicated provider.

I doubt that Princess is doing that at random, much less for everyone who submits the CDC card as proof of vaccination.

And I am not sure that HIPPA laws allows a private company to seek information from a medical provider without written permission from the patient.

Looking at my legitimate CDC card, it lists the product name and batch number, the date, and for the healthcare professional or clinic site it has the inititals WHP. I challenge anybody checking if my card is legit to figure out who to contact from that information. (In fact, I called to find out what WHP meant since I did not realize what it was.)

each state has a list of codes used by authorized vaccine administrators   this list is also provided to the CDC, so if one has a signed release form not too hard to find the appropriate provider.

2 hours ago, nocl said:

each state has a list of codes used by authorized vaccine administrators   this list is also provided to the CDC, so if one has a signed release form not too hard to find the appropriate provider.

Can you explain some more?

A code for the person receiving the shot?

A code for the organization giving the shot?

A code for the batch number?

Other?

Does the code allow knowing if the information shown below is actual or forged?

image.png.886b693b296fc0f2fe0ddfb98da5b260.png

Thanks

52 minutes ago, caribill said:

Can you explain some more?

A code for the person receiving the shot?

A code for the organization giving the shot?

A code for the batch number?

Other?

Does the code allow knowing if the information shown below is actual or forged?

image.png.886b693b296fc0f2fe0ddfb98da5b260.png

Thanks

this link shows the form that each provider organization must complete. it also describes what they must be responsible for and includes their unique identifier.  As part of the agreement they must complete the card with the unique ID. That coupled with the other information on the card and the individuals name should be sufficient to identify both the provider who administered the vaccination and from their record be able to confirm that the card is valid.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/covid19/documents/provider-agreement.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjm57nLwYTxAhWXIDQIHUcPDfgQFjASegQIIRAC&usg=AOvVaw3Kx-6g98bxSFTVulyaWdpY

I agree caribill it's basically just a piece of paper. I got mine in April I never even filled it out.  I have no doubt it could be passed off to someone else to use.  There are plenty options to get that card besides getting a shot.  I'm sure you probably got some fool getting an extra shot just to sell the card out there.  That card is the proof, and I doubt any company will invest that much time and effort to verify it.  With the red states banning use of it they may just drop the issue entirely.  I'm ok either way I just want to cruise. 

On 6/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, trey420 said:

I agree caribill it's basically just a piece of paper. I got mine in April I never even filled it out.  I have no doubt it could be passed off to someone else to use.  There are plenty options to get that card besides getting a shot.  I'm sure you probably got some fool getting an extra shot just to sell the card out there.  That card is the proof, and I doubt any company will invest that much time and effort to verify it.  With the red states banning use of it they may just drop the issue entirely.  I'm ok either way I just want to cruise. 

I asked several people here and NONE OF US filled it out. We did not go to the same facilities.  Some a mass site, some Kaiser, 2 Oakland, 1 CVS, me at Walgreens. The facilities wrote our names, product & batch number, date, facility administering. Then it was entered into some database which notified my insurance company so now it's also on Kaiser's database. So if you have a blank card then it's worthless 

Edited by Ombud

On 6/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, nocl said:

Yep.  A friend of mine who is a PCP told me yesterday that a patient presented a fake vaccination card when going in for an appointment.  All the staff needed to do was a call to the vaccine administrator to verify - quick and simple verification.

Edited by ebeluga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ebeluga said:

Yep.  A friend of mine who is a PCP told me yesterday that a patient presented a fake vaccination card when going in for an appointment.  All the staff needed to do was a call to the vaccine administrator to verify - quick and simple verification.

Were they suspicious of its authenticity for some reason or do they check every patients card?

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

I asked several people here and NONE OF US filled it out. ....The facilities wrote our names, product & batch number, date, facility administering. ... So if you have a blank card then it's worthless 

How is it worthless? You can write in the (fake) info as well as someone giving the vaccine could do.

Unless everyone you hand it to checks it out, nobody would know.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

How is it worthless? You can write in the (fake) info as well as someone giving the vaccine could do.

Unless everyone you hand it to checks it out, nobody would know.

Yes you can forge the information but I wouldn't openly suggest to commit a felony

• Like 1

If we have to submit vax info 14 days prior to cruising, will they verify? Are the vaccinations recorded with the pharmaceutical company in case a particular batch has an 'issue?' If so it would be relatively simple to do so (at least check up 6k within the 14 days)

On our cards we were told to enter our own info on the top - Our names and dates of birth. The manufacturer and lot number are stickers they put on the card. Then they stamped the date and initialed it. The first dose had the incorrect date. They stamped FEB 03 2021. The actual date was FEB 02 2021. Instead of just leaving it they stupidly crossed out the 03 and wrote in 02. Real classy... NOT. I wish they had just left it alone. The second date is MAR 04 2021 so it's been over 3 months since that second dose. I am very tired of masks.

Today we took our cards to Office Depot. They made a smaller copy of the card and laminated the copy. It was free. We were surprised at how small the copy was. We expected credit card size but it's much smaller than that. I put the original cards back in the safe with our passports. I wouldn't be surprised if we need to have booster information added to them later.

• Like 1

@Thrakgood suggestion re: office depot. Mine is just paper (Walgreens). Anna got her shot today and that's card stock (CVS) and CA ID size. Both have batch #s & dates

2nd note: called, chatted ×2, emailed Princess but no one can tell me when I can select boarding time. All 4 stated they're still working out glitches. 

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I sure hope that it doesn't turn out that this couple had forged vaccination documents!  https://abcnews.go.com/US/passengers-test-positive-covid-19-1st-north-american/story?id=78210113

I don't think that even the CDC said that there would have to be 0 risk.  If that were the case, we'd be locked down for years.  If it turns out it's just two, and nobody else gets sick, it's not tragic.  

BTW, I believe that the head of RCI (parent company) said that they've carried over 150,000 passengers, and there have been under 100 (not sure of the number so I don't want to guess) cases - a very small, but not zero number.  Biggest thing is no outbreak.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Thrakgood suggestion re: office depot. Mine is just paper (Walgreens). Anna got her shot today and that's card stock (CVS) and CA ID size. Both have batch #s & dates

2nd note: called, chatted ×2, emailed Princess but no one can tell me when I can select boarding time. All 4 stated they're still working out glitches. 

We just took pictures of our cards and put them in folders on our phones

7 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I don't think that even the CDC said that there would have to be 0 risk.  If that were the case, we'd be locked down for years.  If it turns out it's just two, and nobody else gets sick, it's not tragic.  

BTW, I believe that the head of RCI (parent company) said that they've carried over 150,000 passengers, and there have been under 100 (not sure of the number so I don't want to guess) cases - a very small, but not zero number.  Biggest thing is no outbreak.

Agree that the vaccinations aren't 100% and that only 2 asymptomatic would be a good outcome.  I have seen some reports that the numbers from RCI are undercounted but we may never know the truth.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ombud said:

20210522_144445.thumb.jpg.d2bcc5a2103742310b222be7a26882c1.jpg

65 days until I fly to Seattle  ..... 67 days until I cruise 😁 Almost ready!

20210609_094743.thumb.jpg.4bb8985db6b4e0a56395e4c143c7c72e.jpg

You are on the cruise one week before us.  Have a wonderful time.  Hopefully, one of these days, we will be able to use the app and we will start seeing things like you.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Agree that the vaccinations aren't 100% and that only 2 asymptomatic would be a good outcome.  I have seen some reports that the numbers from RCI are undercounted but we may never know the truth.

This happens on a fully vaccinated cruise running at 30% capacity.  At least Celebrity has a well-executed plan to handle the two cases.  Serves a good case study.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I sure hope that it doesn't turn out that this couple had forged vaccination documents!  https://abcnews.go.com/US/passengers-test-positive-covid-19-1st-north-american/story?id=78210113

Well if they did, we will soon find out the seriousness of the consequences.

If so, I hope the consequences are stiff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, memoak said:

We just took pictures of our cards and put them in folders on our phones

Excellent! I would make sure to have a copy of the card images in the phone's memory as well as in a cloud storage service. This way, should something happen to the phone (like go swimming in the ocean) you'll have an accessible copy of it. 

3 hours ago, ebeluga said:

This happens on a fully vaccinated cruise running at 30% capacity.  At least Celebrity has a well-executed plan to handle the two cases.  Serves a good case study.

MSC Seaside in the Med does not require passengers to be vaccinated and had two cases detected mid-cruise this week. The two passengers and there traveling groups as well as close contacts were immediately isolated.

Ship had to skip stop at Malta. The two passengers and their parties had to leave the ship mid-cruise in Sicily and were taken home by "protected MSC cruises transport." MSC then continued with the cruise and its scheduled port stops.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiENXMInCwt8tMuuQ1DuhLSnIqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowjsP7CjCSpPQCMM_b5QU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

• Like 1