Dinner packages.

I think chops has a couple of upgrade options but no extra for regular menu, Izumi  they give you a 35 dollar credit since it’s all a la carte , but you get a lot of food for 35 so we rarely go over it .

I’m looking to book Izumi for my son, brother and nephew.  When I look at the details it includes one “appetizer”, 2 large plates and dessert.  Doesn’t say anything about a $35 credit?

8 minutes ago, poocher said:

I’m looking to book Izumi for my son, brother and nephew.  When I look at the details it includes one “appetizer”, 2 large plates and dessert.  Doesn’t say anything about a $35 credit?

That is if you only book Izumi as a single restaurant purchase.  If you eat at Izumi as part of the dining package it is $35 per person. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Ok, that’s what I expect to do.  Izumi is the only restaurant any of us are interested in.  We have access to Coastal Kitchen and neither Chops nor Giovanni’s look interesting enough.

Just now, poocher said:

Ok, that’s what I expect to do.  Izumi is the only restaurant any of us are interested in.  We have access to Coastal Kitchen and neither Chops nor Giovanni’s look interesting enough.

Chop's has a good ribeye, served with a nice blue cheese salad and collosal shrimp cocktail.  i too enjoy coastal kitchen and Izumi       On some cruises i get the UDP and eat at Chop's every day for dinner and Izumi for lunch.

54 minutes ago, George C said:

I think chops has a couple of upgrade options but no extra for regular menu, Izumi  they give you a 35 dollar credit since it’s all a la carte , but you get a lot of food for 35 so we rarely go over it .

i envy you, i've never been able to leave at less than $60. PORK GYOZA DUMPLING,

SEAWEED WAKAME SALAD, 

SPICY MISO RAMEN,

SPICY CRISPY SHRIMP,

BEEF TENDERLOIN hot rock ,

and finally MACHA TEA ICE CREAM      a wonderful dinner.

First time we ate at Chops it was a big miss.    But we tried it again on Symphony, and I had possibly the best piece of cow I ever had.     So next opportunity, we will give it another go.   The wife LOVES Izumi and we have had very good experiences at Jamie's Italian too.

IMG_1975.thumb.JPG.c9f5379424ee3beab88c6588233ddcfa.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, poocher said:

from rc website  on cruise planner:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

Not valid for premium experiences including: Chef's Table, Wine Pairing Dinners, Taste of Royal, and Mystery Dinner Theater.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.*

For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard.*

Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.*

Izumi is considered ala carte because every item is priced individually.      Teppanyaki/  Izumi Hibachi is included,      these are 2 different restaurants izumi and izumi hibachi.

Edited by ericfromri

11 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

i envy you, i've never been able to leave at less than $60. PORK GYOZA DUMPLING,

SEAWEED WAKAME SALAD, 

SPICY MISO RAMEN,

SPICY CRISPY SHRIMP,

BEEF TENDERLOIN hot rock ,

and finally MACHA TEA ICE CREAM      a wonderful dinner.

No hot rock on Oasis class ships.  

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

this was specifically what i ate almost everyday for lunch on my 70 day explorer repo lol..

I was simply pointing out that on Oasis class there is no hot rocks available which makes it pretty easy to be under the $35 and not the $60 you quoted. The person asking the questions about Izumi is sailing on Harmony. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was simply pointing out that on Oasis class there is no hot rocks available which makes it pretty easy to be under the $35 and not the $60 you quoted. The person asking the questions about Izumi is sailing on Harmony. 

i love the hot rocks.  and hibachi.

Yes, Harmony.  We enjoy good food but I don’t consider any of us, except perhaps my brother, to be a foodie.  I’ve had 2 less than great meals in the MDR, a grilled chicken breast and the turkey dinner neither of which tasted like they came from actual fowl.  But everything else has been very good.  I think between MDR & CK, we will have plenty of options.

55 minutes ago, poocher said:

We really like Izumi also, if they have a habatchi also that is a little extra but regular Izumi is credit of 35.

2 hours ago, poocher said:

the turkey dinner 

Interesting that you mention turkey dinner.  An absolutely horrific Thanksgiving meal was the final straw that pushed us out of the MDR permanently.  This was maybe 5 years ago and we haven’t eaten in a MDR since. 100% UDP for us and we haven’t been sorry yet.  

• Like 2

Both my grandson & I had it and he was eating his with no complaint.  The darn waiter kept hovering over me.  I didn’t want my grandson to feel like he shouldn’t like it so I finally pulled the waiter aside & told him to STOP!  No I did not like my dinner but would push it around my plate til Jay was on dessert & get something later!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Interesting that you mention turkey dinner.  An absolutely horrific Thanksgiving meal was the final straw that pushed us out of the MDR permanently.  This was maybe 5 years ago and we haven’t eaten in a MDR since. 100% UDP for us and we haven’t been sorry yet.  

We used to cruise every thanksgiving and on one of our cruises on costa or MSc they told us we are just going offering Turkey dinner to the Americans, we past and ordered something else , now we always cruise the week after thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so can you eat your whole meal at just one restaurant if you prefer, like people typically do.

Appetizer, main and dessert and coffee. I understand if you want a later dessert elsewhere, but is this a good deal if you don't want to interrupt your meal

30 minutes ago, gold said:

Is it always less expensive to buy a dinner package in advance than on board?

No, the specials on board could be better than online prices. You could buy online and if the ship price is better, cancel the online purchase for OBC.

Edited by Biker19

We paid 168 each for seven days for the UDP on the Navigator.  $24.00 a day seems pretty good.  Three dinners a lunch and then a snack at Playmakers and we are even.  That leaves four more dinners, plus lunches and snacks.  

I think we will more than make our monies worth.