Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, Disney Princess said:

Does anyone have a link to the list of Eurofins testing sites?  We live in Medway, Kent and are wondering where the nearest testing centre is.  Thankyou.

Harden Holidays in Dartford is the only one in Kent I can see

LB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disney Princess said:

Does anyone have a link to the list of Eurofins testing sites?  We live in Medway, Kent and are wondering where the nearest testing centre is.  Thankyou.

It’s in Dartford at a travel agent. We’re booked there on Wednesday 14th. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, little britain said:

Staff from the UK office on board testing her out - as a thank you to them for a very difficult year.

Hmmmm,😱 apparently they are having trouble uploading PCR  test results to the App.

Usual Celebrity IT, which is freaking out many of tomorrow’s passengers, who have been told not to worry, as the results will be at the pier.

21 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Hmmmm,😱 apparently they are having trouble uploading PCR  test results to the App.

Usual Celebrity IT, which is freaking out many of tomorrow’s passengers, who have been told not to worry, as the results will be at the pier.

But what happens if you get to the pier and its Positive or Inconclusive?  😩

If its Inconclusive and you know about it ahead of time you could have the opportunity to get another test done... 

26 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

From a post seen on Facebook, apparently if the test result doesn't come through in time they have PCR testing capability at the port, and so are advising all passengers waiting for results to continue with plans to travel to the port.

26 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not the Celebrity App, the Eurofins app. 

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I was thinking of putting in a bid to upgrade my son's and his family's room on the Silhouette from a Concierge to a suite, mainly for them to have a bit more space and bath in the bathroom which would be so much better for them as they have 2 very young children. But if the bid is successful, how would the extra cost of the tips work? We've got free tips as part of our current booking and I know that the tips cost more in a suite. Will the extra be automatically included or does the extra have to be paid?

I was reading on another thread that drinks, Internet, and tips are not included with the move up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 38anchor said:

I was reading on another thread that drinks, Internet, and tips are not included with the move up.

I think if you have a successful move up bid you keep the perks of the original booking but get all the facilities of the new room.

So, if you were in concierge with a classic drinks package and move up to a sky suite, for example, you keep your classic drinks package (instead of getting the premium that is a perk of suite life) but gain access to the retreat and luminae (which are facilities, not perks, of suites).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, upwarduk said:

Just seen this on Social media. So, for all those passengers who haven’t had their test results, you are not alone. 

4F7C507B-BCB6-45A9-AA5F-CCE35F8902C1.jpeg

So why on earth are we being made to take time off work, and in my case pay £95 extra for a private test because eurofins have no locations near to where I live, when an adequate test is available in terminal?  
Plus those visiting the ship for the day today only had a test in the terminal. According to celebrity that is all that is needed because they are not staying overnight!  Utter rubbish.  They are circulating on the ship mixing with others, touching surfaces and meeting crew members.   Either a test in the terminal is adequate for everyone or a PCR test has to be taken by everyone.  The inconvenience and worry the PCR test is causing some people is not acceptable if others don’t need it at all. 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

I think if you have a successful move up bid you keep the perks of the original booking but get all the facilities of the new room.

So, if you were in concierge with a classic drinks package and move up to a sky suite, for example, you keep your classic drinks package (instead of getting the premium that is a perk of suite life) but gain access to the retreat and luminae (which are facilities, not perks, of suites).

Yes, that's what I read but wasn't sure of the extra cost of the tips. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iandjm said:

So why on earth are we being made to take time off work, and in my case pay £95 extra for a private test because eurofins have no locations near to where I live, when an adequate test is available in terminal?  
Plus those visiting the ship for the day today only had a test in the terminal. According to celebrity that is all that is needed because they are not staying overnight!  Utter rubbish.  They are circulating on the ship mixing with others, touching surfaces and meeting crew members.   Either a test in the terminal is adequate for everyone or a PCR test has to be taken by everyone.  The inconvenience and worry the PCR test is causing some people is not acceptable if others don’t need it at all. 

Do we know if the day guests had the proper Pcr test on site or a lateral flow test? 

13 minutes ago, iandjm said:

Not only that, but lets say you have had a positive PCR and you don't know about it. You are being asked to travel to the port (and for some that may also mean an overnight stay), and how many people are you going to come in contact with at the port before you are told you are positive. 

And if there was an overnighter on Thursday night for the Celebrity staff did they also have to go through the Eurofins PCR testing regime?

Edited by 38anchor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Disney Princess said:

Hi - someone was kind enough to post this on 23rd July roll call post 204.
Hopefully there’s a site near you!

Eurofin.doc

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Spearj said:

Eurofin.doc 401.5 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks so much, there is a site in Holmfirth ( Last of the Summer Wine fame).

I travelled there daily when I was teaching, so no problem for us!🤩

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Spearj said:

Eurofin.doc 401.5 kB · 8 downloads

No site near us in Pembrokeshire. We'll stick with the Boots in Carmarthen we've booked for Tuesday 6th and pray for the results back before we leave for Southampton on the Thursday. 

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

I wonder if this applies to everyone wanting for results not just Eurofins customers. Although I have been informed that Eurofins are doing the testing for Boots where we're booked in. 

29 minutes ago, madmedic said:

No site near us in Pembrokeshire. We'll stick with the Boots in Carmarthen we've booked for Tuesday 6th and pray for the results back before we leave for Southampton on the Thursday. 

It’s not the best start for a cruise 

2 hours ago, iandjm said:

Well exactly. This just confirms what we all know I.e. that a PCR test is not required for UK cruises (antigen tests at the port will suffice). Celebrity aren’t even asking for them for cruises from Athens on Apex ( for vaccinated passengers). So the questions remains: why are Celebrity putting UK customers through this this stressful process? Do they hate us? Have we upset them in some way?😀

Edited by Spike11
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Yes, that's what I read but wasn't sure of the extra cost of the tips. 

Just to warn you, if you are not in a suite, you will not be able to join them for many of the suite ‘things’ as the areas are restricted for suite guests. You can join them in Luminae for a small charge, possibly $15 for breakfast and $25 for dinner but I’m sure someone knows the current amounts.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Spearj said:

Eurofin.doc 401.5 kB · 51 downloads

It’s so annoying that there are no locations on the south coast. You would think they would have a location in Southampton or Portsmouth.  I guess they do have one in Southampton in the port, sadly we are not allowed to use it though. 

20 minutes ago, iandjm said:

It’s so annoying that there are no locations on the south coast. You would think they would have a location in Southampton or Portsmouth.  I guess they do have one in Southampton in the port, sadly we are not allowed to use it though. 

Very few in the East of England either, our nearest option is over an hour away, less than impressed. But it's good to see that some towns have 2 or 3 options, complete madness 🤬

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike.S said:

Very few in the East of England either, our nearest option is over an hour away, less than impressed. But it's good to see that some towns have 2 or 3 options, complete madness 🤬

Im so annoyed it is costing me £95 more than celebrity will pay me back to get a reliable results back in 24 hours test only to find out it doesn’t really matter as they will test you in port if it’s necessary.  It’s also costing me a valuable days holiday from work to get the test 🤬

17 hours ago, iandjm said:

Im guessing Because a PCR test is more complex to perform on masse in situ and more expensive as some extra equipment needs to be brought in (so they can manage a few missing ones but not a full terminal of pax).. The big ? is why a PCR test at all to be honest -