Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

3 hours ago, barbette165 said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think they are asking for your right of residence in the UK, they are asking for proof that you actually are currently living in the UK. So they need something like a bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill, mobile phone bill etc. 

Apparently, it’s if you have been vaccinated in another country eg you wouldn’t be able to download the NHS to prove where you were vaccinated, with dates. As highlighted in post #760.

Edited by upwarduk

58 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Apparently, it’s if you have been vaccinated in another country eg you wouldn’t be able to download the NHS to prove where you were vaccinated, with dates. As highlighted in post #760.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have been vaccinated in the UK and can prove it on the NHS app but..... I'll bring my old passport and a utility bill. I just don't want to give them any cause to turn me away.

1 hour ago, Spike11 said:

According to the tracking on Marine Traffic, she docked at just before 5am. Still quite early to watch the sail in!

Thanks @Spike11i was expecting it to be around that time originally, so might still get up if it is the same on our sailing. Might go back to bed though!😉

I will also take a look at the app you mention.

Tim

1 hour ago, TimWB said:

Thanks @Spike11i was expecting it to be around that time originally, so might still get up if it is the same on our sailing. Might go back to bed though!😉

I will also take a look at the app you mention.

Tim

I find the app very useful, but do bear in mind that the time is one hour behind UK time! If you do manage to get up in time, you should find the Southampton sail in quite serene - almost magical! I’m hoping to do it on the July 17th sailing!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Just woken up in the Holiday Inn and our beautiful ship us just outside my window. Just need the testing to go smoothly. There seems to be a lot of people leaving from the car park already.

20210709_055848.jpg

What an amazing view to wake up to. We’ve booked the Holiday Inn, and it looks very close to the terminal, is it an easy walk to the terminal from there - with one large suitcase and a carry on - or is it a cab ride?

Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bretty said:

What an amazing view to wake up to. We’ve booked the Holiday Inn, and it looks very close to the terminal, is it an easy walk to the terminal from there - with one large suitcase and a carry on - or is it a cab ride?

Quite walkable, we’ve done it. See my first post in this thread for some tips (assuming nothing has changed since 2018): 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, American_in_York said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I have been vaccinated in the UK and can prove it on the NHS app but..... I'll bring my old passport and a utility bill. I just don't want to give them any cause to turn me away.

The NHS app is enough

We're sailing on 17th July. 

The shoreside concierge has emailed me after I spoke to her last week (we're in a Royal Suite). She has confirmed our bar setup and specialty dining, and noted the events we are celebrating onboard (my 50th, and our 10th wedding anniversary).

Other interesting news that might be of interest to RS/PH guests:

"unfortunately, Champagne High Tea has been discontinued across the fleet and will no longer be one of the events onboard."

" we are now providing our top Retreat guests with monogrammed pajamas in sizes S/M and L/XL in tops and bottoms. Please provide your sizes and initials in order to have them available upon arrival."

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

The shoreside concierge has emailed me after I spoke to her last week (we're in a Royal Suite). She has confirmed our bar setup and specialty dining, and noted the events we are celebrating onboard (my 50th, and our 10th wedding anniversary).

"unfortunately, Champagne High Tea has been discontinued across the fleet and will no longer be one of the events onboard."

" we are now providing our top Retreat guests with monogrammed pajamas in sizes S/M and L/XL in tops and bottoms. Please provide your sizes and initials in order to have them available upon arrival."

I am not surprised the champagne afternoon tea has gone. At 4pm most guests are in their rooms recoving from shore excursions or waking up from their afternoon nap! We used to get the butler to bring us up a small selection. I think we only ever went down for it once. Perhaps they will make it a one per cruise ‘event’.

The bathrobes you used to get monogrammed were nice but many were left behind as they were really bulky. We managed to squash ours into our suitcases but only after sitting on them. Hopefully the pj’s will be a nice holiday reminder and easier to pack!

Hope you have a great time when you board, looking forward to you posting on the sweet, suite life...

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I am not surprised the champagne afternoon tea has gone. At 4pm most guests are in their rooms recoving from shore excursions or waking up from their afternoon nap! We used to get the butler to bring us up a small selection. I think we only ever went down for it once. Perhaps they will make it a one per cruise ‘event’.

The bathrobes you used to get monogrammed were nice but many were left behind as they were really bulky. We managed to squash ours into our suitcases but only after sitting on them. Hopefully the pj’s will be a nice holiday reminder and easier to pack!

Hope you have a great time when you board, looking forward to you posting on the sweet, suite life...

I agree, Chemmo. 4pm is nap time. I suspect the jammies will be too small, but it's a nice thought.

46 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I don’t think it means the usual daily afternoon tea in the retreat lounge. There used to be a formal one in Luminae once per cruise. I think that’s the one that has been discontinued. 

32 minutes ago, delondin said:

I don’t think it means the usual daily afternoon tea in the retreat lounge. There used to be a formal one in Luminae once per cruise. I think that’s the one that has been discontinued. 

Hello Delondin

Yes - it was the Murano champagne high tea that we had asked about - that is the one that has been discontinued.

21 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Can I ask people who have just disembarked what the procedure was and what time did you get off the ship? 

The disembarkation process was the same as pre-Covid cruises we have been on. We got our luggage labels and instructions after lunch the day before. We had to have our bags outside our stateroom by 10pm, if you weren't carrying them off the ship yourself.

Those that wanted to disembark under their own steam left the ship at 07:00. There were various points around the ship for the different groups to wait for their number to be called. As there were so few passengers, the numbers were called in blocks, starting at 7am. We were scheduled to debark at 8am, but were called at 07:30. We finished our coffee in the MDR and proceeded to the gangway.

The last scheduled departure was at 09:30.

Only difference that I noticed was in Concierge Class. Normally they ask us what time we would like to debark, but this time we had not choice.

• Thanks 1

If there is anybody either on the current cruise or come back from the 3rd, that are/were in any of the aft corner cabins (S1) and you’ve got a photo, please can you post it.

I can only find pictures of the cabins before they were revolutionised.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Has the concierge confirmed whether there is still a dedicated bag drop point for PH/RS guests for your cruise from Southampton?

• Like 1

We are currently in a Sky suite so I can’t speak for RS/PH guests but we arrived at the car park and our bags were immediately taken by Celebrity staff to be taken onboard. We walked across the road to the terminal and by the time we had eaten lunch in Luminae our bags were outside our suite.

2 hours ago, Spearj said:

If there is anybody either on the current cruise or come back from the 3rd, that are/were in any of the aft corner cabins (S1) and you’ve got a photo, please can you post it.

Thanks in advance.

I’m in the same position 

booked an aft S1 for the 6th August sailing and can’t find any info on port revolutionised S1s any help appreciated

1 hour ago, Spearj said:

Thanks in advance.

We are in an S2 suite at the aft of the ship (have had S1suites previously but before revolutionising!).    It may be a tad smaller than the S1 but it’s a lovely room and the amount of storage is immense.  The revolutionising is a great improvement and although the balcony is smaller than an S1 suite I believe the actual inside space is just as good. Added bonus … no pillar !! 

1AB0124D-BDEA-455E-A079-2EF8B48779B9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BestGuessed said:

My husband and I boarded yesterday and I have posted our experience regarding the PCR tests and check in process on the Roll Call for 17th July sailing which 
I hope might prove helpful to people on cruises in the near future.

Here you are sailing away yesterday (July 9); have a great cruise!

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYwtNOMM_LO2wKP5kvkVKbtldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foggy Cruiser said:

Has the concierge confirmed whether there is still a dedicated bag drop point for PH/RS guests for your cruise from Southampton?

Yes - she said there is.  We shall see in a week!

6 hours ago, Foggy Cruiser said:

Our luggage was quickly taken as we got out of our transport and we only saw the section where it said priority luggage delivery after. So there is a stand there. However our luggage arrived just after lunch anyway. 

• Like 2