Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

56 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

To lesser mortals who aspire to become Elite+ what is an Elite+ breakfast?

It’s held in Tuscan, Speciality coffees & Bloody Mary’s
My husband and I shared an Ultimate breakfast platter, he had the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant.There was also a fruit platter and cheese platter. 
For some reason, when I add photos, they display upside down. Sorry.

117BD774-C2B9-47C1-8205-1FFFFFD800FB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

It is for Elite and above not Elite +...Served in Tuscan on M and S class ships (don’t know on Edge). On some cruises it is a cold buffet (salmon, meats, cheese...) on others it is plated equivalents. We regularly enjoyed the plate that had a ‘bit of everything’. They also serve mimosas, bellinis and very nice coffee.

We really enjoy this on S class ships where you have the wonderful wake views, great way to start the day. 

The Captain’s Club host is usually present. If you are experiencing any difficulties on board he/she can be a useful person to point you in the direction to get issues resolved. We are always amazed (even on busy cruises) how they manage to greet everyone by name...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shewal said:

It’s breakfast served in the Tuscan grill.  Had it a couple of days on our last cruise on the Silhouette and it was excellent - a nice change from Luminae which had a rather noisy and badly behaved child there most mornings 😂 I believe it is being served on the ship currently - I’m sure someone mentioned it.

I have heard via another group that it is being served as usual. The + was a bit misleading as I meant Elite upwards..completely forgot that Elite plus was a thing as it’s still a good few cruises away for us to get to ‘plus’ status, but we’ve been around long enough to make it to Elite over several years. It’s one of the few ‘perks’ we make use of, along with the scoop of ice cream that you get at the Classic level onwards 😀

3 hours ago, laslomas said:

Hopefully they have solved the problem, but last week, 3rd July cruise, there was no menu available on the App for Cafe Al Bacio, and no paper menus in any bars at all. Speciality coffees are included on Classic package dependant upon price, and I know there is one that includes Baileys in Al Bacio. Last week the servers had problems trying to list all the options available as there was no menu to refer to. I do hope they have managed to sort this out now.

All menus drink prices  and food on the app

3 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Since the introduction of Always Included the Elite + benefits have been reduced to 1 extra bag of laundry - not much of a reward for years of loyalty. Up to this year it was free lattes, coffees, hot chocolate, bottled water, some juices and 240 minutes of Internet per person.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:28 PM, ighten said:

As no more rooms seem to have gone on sale(other than those that appeared aafter peeps moved Jul to August when the itin changed) it seems they are sticking with as they were - plus I'm guessing they cant just magic more staff out of a top hat..

Virtuosa is a different comparison as is Iona - those ships literally are empty with 1000 onboard but they still required a certain staff lvl I suspect they have more wiggle room

I was on virtuosa...1000 passengers and 1300 crew

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

It’s held in Tuscan, Speciality coffees & Bloody Mary’s
My husband and I shared an Ultimate breakfast platter, he had the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant.There was also a fruit platter and cheese platter. 
For some reason, when I add photos, they display upside down. Sorry.

117BD774-C2B9-47C1-8205-1FFFFFD800FB.jpeg

How on earth did that not fall off the plate? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Glasgow 09/08/21

A promising sign, I have booked an excursion this morning that has said ‘check on the ship’ for the last 6 weeks.

There was a choice of times, 10 minutes apart.

So it really looks as though we will be going to Scotland.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Glasgow 09/08/21

A promising sign, I have booked an excursion this morning that has said ‘check on the ship’ for the last 6 weeks.

There was a choice of times, 10 minutes apart.

So it really looks as though we will be going to Scotland.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤩

Clia hails end of Scottish cruise ban | Travel Weekly

47 minutes ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

Let’s hope that we will be also be able to get off the ship without being on a cruise line tour.

I would like this too but think it unlikely.  The danger would be the risk of contracting COVID ashore and unknowingly bringing it back onto the ship.

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I would like this too but think it unlikely.  The danger would be the risk of contracting COVID ashore and unknowingly bringing it back onto the ship.

True, but as we will have this for a long time yet, that would mean no self touring for months to go - well into 2022. There is always going to be a risk, but at some point that needs to be managed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know how to book an Alcove at Lawn Club on the Silhouette. Can’t see anything on my planner.

does anyone know how much it is and when you can book? 

@minnie29 you should see it in the Speciality Dining section of the cruise planner. They are under The Alcoves - At sea from £176.79 GBP adult and The Alcoves - At port from £70.29 GBP adult . However, despite how it is worded I seem to remember this was the total (net of tax etc) for the cabana not per guest. The prices may vary for the different sailings.

Edited by countingdown321
Added varying price comment

1 hour ago, isdoo said:

True, but as we will have this for a long time yet, that would mean no self touring for months to go - well into 2022. There is always going to be a risk, but at some point that needs to be managed. 

It will be managed by the Cruise Ship, they will recoup some loses if tours only in bubbles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isdoo said:

I agree, but I don’t think the cruise ship companies will be wanting to take the risk so soon.  But, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong!

• Like 1

It may have been asked before (apologies if so) but can any one currently on the cruise confirm if there are peloton bikes in the fitness centre. I know there are spinning bikes for classes but wondered if there are peloton bikes to use also.

thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, jay_s said:

It may have been asked before (apologies if so) but can any one currently on the cruise confirm if there are peloton bikes in the fitness centre. I know there are spinning bikes for classes but wondered if there are peloton bikes to use also.

thanks in advance 

I asked the question on here some time ago (on its own thread) and also direct via social media. I believe there are a few Peloton bikes in the gym and they need to be reserved / booked. You also need an existing Peloton account to use. Some did mention you need to be a suite guest to use but that doesn't really make sense. I believe the if you are in the upper suite you can also request one to be taken to your room for personal use and that is where the crossover may  lie. 

Interestingly, I was told on my social media answer that I also needed to buy the fitness pass to access the bikes, but I am hoping this was just someone not knowing what they are talking about. I think they were getting confused with the other spin bikes which are classes and you do have to pay extra for. As the bikes should be with the other gym equipment I am hoping that you can just book.

I am sailing on the 17th so can update then - just packing and am undecided on whether or  not to take my   shoes or just use the toe cages for the week.

5 hours ago, jay_s said:

thanks in advance 

I believe so, but several are turned off currently. 

1 minute ago, SalisburyNick said:

Have just had my negative PCR result. Eurofins were excellent. Had the test yesterday at 08.30 at a hotel in Southampton and received the result at approx 09.30 today. I'm a very happy camper...er cruiser 😀.

🎉🎊👍

• Like 1