No masks or social distancing on cruises!!

Shakatime

Note the no masks only apply to vaccinated cruises or if the ship designates areas of the ship for vaccinated pax. Same news as before.

If ccl does mock cruises I'm assuming they are going the unvaccinated route.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Note the no masks only apply to vaccinated cruises or if the ship designates areas of the ship for vaccinated pax. Same news as before.

If ccl does mock cruises I'm assuming they are going the unvaccinated route.

Right.  Which most likely means they will apply the mask rules to everyone.  Maybe they are hoping the mask rules will go away in the next few months.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Shakatime said:

They won’t be able to enforce mob rule! If anybody thinks ppl will abide by a mask rule and vaccinated, you live in a fantasy land.

? The mask requirement only applies to unvaccinated cruises, not vaccinated. 

I have folks on my roll call saying they wouldnt go if masks required, and then other folks with kids. Isnt going to be both ways. In order for the kids to all go it will be a unvaccinated cruise. You know this before you go. Carnival is allowing you still to move your cruise without penalty if you dont like the rules.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. ... kids are more than 5% then carnival goes the unvaccinated route.. equals masks required. Dont like it dont go. Carnival has to agree to enforce it. They do have security on the ships if people get rowdy.

• Like 6

Just now, firefly333 said:

? The mask requirement only applies to unvaccinated cruises, not vaccinated. 

I have folks on my roll call saying they wouldnt go if masks required, and then other folks with kids. Isnt going to be both ways. In order for the kids to all go it will be a unvaccinated cruise. You know this before you go. Carnival is allowing you still to move your cruise without penalty if you dont like the rules.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. ... kids are more than 5% then carnival goes the unvaccinated route.. equals masks required. Dont like it dont go. Carnival has to agree to enforce it. They do have security on the ships if people get rowdy.

Good they can stay home! Their loss lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything is sooo iffy at the moment -

and we haven't even had the first cruise take off,

and get back to port!!

All eyes are going to be on those first ten cruises

by Disney, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and others!

Cruise lines may even have a few CDC ppl on board,

to see how things actually go down.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shakatime said:

They won’t be able to enforce mob rule! If anybody thinks ppl will abide by a mask rule and vaccinated, you live in a fantasy land.

If you are on the ship, and a mob takes off there masks at the very next stop if not in port they WILL be debarked and have to find your own way home at your own cost. If you are still in the home port or it happens close you will be debarked with no refund. If Carnival or any other operator does not do this the CDC will shut them dowm.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Everything is sooo iffy at the moment -

and we haven't even had the first cruise take off,

and get back to port!!

All eyes are going to be on those first ten cruises

by Disney, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and others!

Cruise lines may even have a few CDC ppl on board,

to see how things actually go down.

Aplmac, truer words have never been spoken!  NOTHING is set in concrete....new announcements come out daily(it seems), of changes in the rules/regulations/ dictates relaxing those items. 

Trying to keep up with all those things on a daily basis I find next to impossible. So I've given up on trying to keep current, by the minutes, with all the changes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shakatime said:

I don’t know. Every where I go 90 % of the people are wearing masks even though we have no mask mandate and are vaccination rate is 50%. I think a lot of people can’t give up the mask. I expect a significant percentage of people on cruises to keep wearing them regardless of the policy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shakatime said:

Those who wish to cruise this summer and possibly in the fall will need to agree to fallow the protocols per the cruise contract.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

If you are on the ship, and a mob takes off there masks at the very next stop if not in port they WILL be debarked and have to find your own way home at your own cost. If you are still in the home port or it happens close you will be debarked with no refund. If Carnival or any other operator does not do this the CDC will shut them dowm.

Well said Jedi Bobs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sm3ds said:

I don’t know. Every where I go 90 % of the people are wearing masks even though we have no mask mandate and are vaccination rate is 50%. I think a lot of people can’t give up the mask. I expect a significant percentage of people on cruises to keep wearing them regardless of the policy.

And where I live, hardly anyone is wearing one.  Maybe 1 in 10 at the grocery store.  That's what makes it so hard to gauge this whole thing.  We only have the perspective of where we live, unless we visit elsewhere.  In Wyoming, you'd barely know anything was going on at all.  Yes, I know we're a different case being small/spread out/low pop, but I'm willing to bet nearly every state has a slightly different vibe right now.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, sm3ds said:

It’s the opposite here. Maybe 10% wearing it.

• Like 8

Other than the very beginning of the pandemic, we never had strict lockdowns.  My grandchildren have been going to preschool nearly this entire time.  People have been going to restaurants, parks, and their jobs.  Masks ere required for certain places, but I rarely saw people wear them outside.  Having to wear a mask on the pool deck will be a huge bummer and we will probably just use our balcony during the day if the ridiculous mask requirements for cruise ships on mixed cruises are still in effect.

I am hoping that the mask requirements for everyone go away by August and people who feel like they can't take them off can just keep wearing them.  I do not see Carnival enforcing two different sets of mask requirements.  That would be impossible for their crew members.  With people drinking, it will be even more difficult.  I think Carnival will use the unvaccinated mask requirements for everyone.  It's just annoying that the pool decks and restaurants on a cruise ship can't be treated the same as those on land.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Other than the very beginning of the pandemic, we never had strict lockdowns.  My grandchildren have been going to preschool nearly this entire time.  People have been going to restaurants, parks, and their jobs.  Masks ere required for certain places, but I rarely saw people wear them outside.  Having to wear a mask on the pool deck will be a huge bummer and we will probably just use our balcony during the day if the ridiculous mask requirements for cruise ships on mixed cruises are still in effect.

I am hoping that the mask requirements for everyone go away by August and people who feel like they can't take them off can just keep wearing them.  I do not see Carnival enforcing two different sets of mask requirements.  That would be impossible for their crew members.  With people drinking, it will be even more difficult.  I think Carnival will use the unvaccinated mask requirements for everyone.  It's just annoying that the pool decks and restaurants on a cruise ship can't be treated the same as those on land.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the CDC reqires you to were your mask on your balcony too, and they do have camras that can look into your balcony/your neibor could report you if you don't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jedi bobs said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the CDC reqires you to were your mask on your balcony too, and they do have camras that can look into your balcony/your neibor could report you if you don't.

Really?  You have to wear a mask on your own balcony?  I know they exempted cabins and figured common sense would make being on your own balcony without a mask part of that.  This is beyond ridiculous.  The CDC is run by a bunch of complete idiots if this is the case.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

No this is not the case.

• Like 3

If Carnival takes both approaches (some 95% vax cruises, some test cruises with unvax'd peeps) I am crossing they will not require masks for vax'd peeps on the Pride.  MSC is using those fitbit style wrist thingys that also serve as room key.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

In a perfect world we would all follow the rules and guidelines that are mandated for and to us

Ahhh but In a perfect world we wouldnt need anyone to mandate anything for us or to us. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Because there are still countless American Citizens who believe that Covid does not exist. There are also many American Citizens buying fake vaccination cards on line. While you are not wearing your mask you still are in contact with people who refuse to get vaccinated. I know it's really hard to believe isn't it?  Shoes how sad the situation is when some can still be swayed by nonsensical past rhetoric. 

I have been fully vaccinated and still wear two masks.  

Thank you so much for your consideration of others in the community. I respect your decision and I am sure I’m not the only one who does. I also choose to wear my mask when I’m public out of consideration of others but I know this is a personal choice.

Much appreciated & be well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

There is still way too much disbelief in the Medical experts, the efficacy of mask wearing and the "Cult like" beliefs that were unfortunately engrained into our Society. I will absolutely wear my mask until I feel that most Americans are willing go get vaccinated. I personally know several individual families that are fully vaccinated and some members have subsequently tested positive for Covid. The Reward for Wearing the Mask outweighs the absolute Risk.     

Vaccinations are up around 50% now, and then you add how many ppl that have had covid, and I think you can tell it is pretty safe now. Plus, with the medicine availble, the chances of getting it serious is slim, unless you ignore the symptoms.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bdever said:

Thank you so much for your consideration of others in the community. I respect your decision and I am sure I’m not the only one who does. I also choose to wear my mask when I’m public out of consideration of others but I know this is a personal choice.

Much appreciated & be well.

Thank you for the alignment. This forum is an excellent vehicle for open and honest adult debate and/or just educational insight. I really actually learn much information from the professionals who share my "Carnival Cruise Nut" passions. We don't always agree but I really feel that at the end of the day if I can make a positive difference by providing alternate input then I have done God's will. 

I am not attempting to win a loyalty contest; I am totally interested in speaking the truth as I know it to be at all times. I am seriously awaiting those "fantastic" Carnival voyages to continue; I just want them to continue as safely as possible.   

• Like 2