No masks or social distancing on cruises!!

Shakatime

6 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I just cant understand the logic behind this thinking?  How does getting tested weekly help you not spread the virus?  Testing confirms you have it after the fact of getting it and having possibly exposed it to others prior to your test results.  Testing is not telling you that you will get it tomorrow so stay away from others.  it boggles my mind the way some folks logic paths work.🙄

Totally agree!

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

It is a fact. Not everyone will want to get vaccinated. I hate to say this, my son is one of them. He figures because he had covid19 and beat it he is now safe because he ahs anti bodies. He feels the same way about the yearly flu shot. I got covid19 and so did my wife and my daughter. We all beat it. But the first chance we were able to get the vaccine we did. Do not regret it. If there are side effects. So be it. Remember death and taxes? We live our lives and take on a problem when it happens. Never worry about something you have no control over. ie cancelled cruises!

"
One of my sons had covid and does not want the vaccine.  I read a study that stated that people who had mild covid cases may have lifetime immunity.  They just don't know.  Anyway, it's his choice.  I also read a study that stated that people who have had covid tend to have a greater reaction to the second dose of a vaccine.

As for my husband and me, we never had covid and are thankful for the vaccine so that we can feel comfortable traveling again.  We also get the annual flu shot, although neither of us has ever had the flu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

"
One of my sons had covid and does not want the vaccine.  I read a study that stated that people who had mild covid cases may have lifetime immunity.  They just don't know.  Anyway, it's his choice.  I also read a study that stated that people who have had covid tend to have a greater reaction to the second dose of a vaccine.

As for my husband and me, we never had covid and are thankful for the vaccine so that we can feel comfortable traveling again.  We also get the annual flu shot, although neither of us has ever had the flu.

As for a reaction, are you referring to a side effect or your arm pain?

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

They also wear a gown, goggles, face shield, and gloves. If you're going to follow the science, I expect you to be fully-dressed in science.

A strong claim. Care to take bets on that?

People aren't even masked at the grocery story. Some people live in an alternate reality if they think cruisers are going to be masked and/or they will debark the passengers who don't follow it. The current climate says masks are on their way out. No amount of CDC words are going to convince people that cruises are extra scary.

Someone on a ship will take a picture and send it to the CDC and the CDC will shut the cruise line down. Don't you get it, if on a unvaccanated cruise MASKS WILL BE REQURED FOR ALL. If the Cruise lines do not enforce it they will get shut down permantly by the CDC it's noot a State thing it's a fedral thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

As for a reaction, are you referring to a side effect or your arm pain?

There are several articles about it.  One of my friends had covid and lost his sense of taste and smell for a long time.  After his second dose of the vaccine, he also lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days.

"Indeed, two small studies recently suggested that people who’ve previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 might only need a single dose of an mRNA vaccine, as they begin producing large amounts of antibodies against the virus following their first dose – although follow-up studies are needed to confirm that these immune responses were maintained over time."

"One of the studies also 
compared the frequency of adverse reactions
 after the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in 231 people who had either previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, or never been exposed to it. It found that symptoms such as pain or swelling at the injection site were similar in both groups of patients, but whole-body reactions, such as fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and muscle or joint pains, were more frequently reported by those who had recovered from COVID-19."

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/why-vaccine-side-effects-might-be-more-common-people-whove-already-had-covid-19

They also wear a gown, goggles, face shield, and gloves. If you're going to follow the science, I expect you to be fully-dressed in science.

I would like to think a cruise ship is less hazardous than what those heroes endure. If everyone was vaccinated, it certainly would be. But if you've seen pictures of the crew cleaning on the ships that are cruising, they look like they are dealing with a hazmat situation.

People aren't even masked at the grocery story. Some people live in an alternate reality if they think cruisers are going to be masked and/or they will debark the passengers who don't follow it. The current climate says masks are on their way out. No amount of CDC words are going to convince people that cruises are extra scary.

Cruise ships aren't essential, and aren't based on land. Some passengers who haven't followed simple instructions on the ships that ARE sailing, HAVE been left behind in ports, and the CDC has nothing to do with those cruises.

Any cruise related covid law suits will be bolstered by pictures of mutineers not following simple rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

There are several articles about it.  One of my friends had covid and lost his sense of taste and smell for a long time.  After his second dose of the vaccine, he also lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days.

"Indeed, two small studies recently suggested that people who’ve previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 might only need a single dose of an mRNA vaccine, as they begin producing large amounts of antibodies against the virus following their first dose – although follow-up studies are needed to confirm that these immune responses were maintained over time."

"One of the studies also 
compared the frequency of adverse reactions
 after the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in 231 people who had either previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, or never been exposed to it. It found that symptoms such as pain or swelling at the injection site were similar in both groups of patients, but whole-body reactions, such as fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and muscle or joint pains, were more frequently reported by those who had recovered from COVID-19."

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/why-vaccine-side-effects-might-be-more-common-people-whove-already-had-covid-19

I'll give you another first hand experience.  I had both COVID and the vaccine.  My second dose put me down hard with all those symptoms plus shortness of breath and a few others. I literally could not stay awake or get out of bed and reckoned that must feel like when you die, that you just can't stay conscious and you don't care.  My entire body hurt like crazy.  The rash went from my elbow through my back, every lymph node was swollen.  It's been 6 weeks or so and still have lingering effects. I can deal with most, but the shortness of breath sucks.

I've always been a perfectly healthy person.  I take no medications, have no ailments or disease, and I am not overweight.

• Like 4

It will be interesting to see if/when there is a Memorial Day spike and what impact it will have on cruise line/CDC requirements. As I understand it, some covid survivors can test positive long after they have "recovered". I assume they would be denied boarding.

If cruising in Florida, the same law that restricts documentation on covid vaccination also applies to covid recovery documentation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I'll give you another first hand experience.  I had both COVID and the vaccine.  My second dose put me down hard with all those symptoms plus shortness of breath and a few others. I literally could not stay awake or get out of bed and reckoned that must feel like when you die, that you just can't stay conscious and you don't care.  My entire body hurt like crazy.  The rash went from my elbow through my back, every lymph node was swollen.  It's been 6 weeks or so and still have lingering effects. I can deal with most, but the shortness of breath sucks.

I've always been a perfectly healthy person.  I take no medications, have no ailments or disease, and I am not overweight.

That is horrible!  I read that the reaction can be more severe because a person's body has already been prepped with the virus from the infection.  Now some studies are stating that a person who had the virus may have a lifetime immunity or only need one dose of a vaccine.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

That is horrible!  I read that the reaction can be more severe because a person's body has already been prepped with the virus from the infection.  Now some studies are stating that a person who had the virus may have a lifetime immunity or only need one dose of a vaccine.

Unfortunately those studies started coming out after I was vaccinated.  I would have hesitated knowing those reports, but I have a feeling I would have vaccinated anyway and taken my chances.  I value freedom of movement and there are many things I want to do and places I want to visit and I knew vaccinating would make it easier in the short term.  That said, under no circumstances will I get any kind of booster.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, firefly333 said:

? The mask requirement only applies to unvaccinated cruises, not vaccinated. 

I have folks on my roll call saying they wouldnt go if masks required, and then other folks with kids. Isnt going to be both ways. In order for the kids to all go it will be a unvaccinated cruise. You know this before you go. Carnival is allowing you still to move your cruise without penalty if you dont like the rules.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. ... kids are more than 5% then carnival goes the unvaccinated route.. equals masks required. Dont like it dont go. Carnival has to agree to enforce it. They do have security on the ships if people get rowdy.

just to play devils advocate here....hard to see the threat from/to kids---who have almost no chance of getting sick, and those they could 'carry' it to should have already been vaccinated...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

My whole family had COVID, very light symptoms. I had the vaccines, no issue, my wife on the other hand got sicker than when we actually had it. All studies are too short to give any real solid data 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Heath care workers wearing masks tells me everything I need to know. There are a lot of flawed studies out there.

All I know is that when our state eliminated its mask mandate (and I took mine off because I'm vaccinated), I ended up at urgent care for a shot of zofran because I had viral gastroenteritis.  Spread through my whole (maskless) office.  So covid may not be the only thing masks have protected us from.

Edited by LadyMac72
Conclusion.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Someone on a ship will take a picture and send it to the CDC and the CDC will shut the cruise line down. Don't you get it, if on a unvaccanated cruise MASKS WILL BE REQURED FOR ALL. If the Cruise lines do not enforce it they will get shut down permantly by the CDC it's noot a State thing it's a fedral thing.

It’s scary what this virus has done to some. 

Edited by bamaone
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

just to play devils advocate here....hard to see the threat from/to kids---who have almost no chance of getting sick, and those they could 'carry' it to should have already been vaccinated...

Should have been vaccinated vs vaccinated. Only about 50% of the country is vaccinated with some states at maybe only 30%. Makes a case for having vaccinated only cruises with possible exceptions (for now) for young kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Lol I'm the last person to ask to defend the cdc stance. I'd like to fire them all. Dr faucci too. 

• Like 7

Just now, firefly333 said:

Lol I'm the last person to ask to defend the cdc stance. I'd like to fire them all. Dr faucci too. 

I certainly wasn't targeting you, just quoted. Apologies. I totally get your line of thought. Alot of things still dont make sense. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Should have been vaccinated vs vaccinated. Only about 50% of the country is vaccinated with some states at maybe only 30%. Makes a case for having vaccinated only cruises with possible exceptions (for now) for young kids.

That still doesnt make any sense to me. Everyone has had a CHANCE to get vaccinated. If you decide not to, why should you be prioritized over kids who have to ability to get a shot + arent going to get sick? I'm not looking for an answer from you personally, it just seems silly to me still. 

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Have you checked the Florida sites lately. The State is actually seeing spikes in children testing positive.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I certainly wasn't targeting you, just quoted. Apologies. I totally get your line of thought. Alot of things still dont make sense. 

Dr. Fauci is the only professional that should actually be able to speak on behalf of this Pandemic. There are a lot of other individuals that we should consider removing from their current positions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jetsfan58 said:

Have you checked the Florida sites lately. The State is actually seeing spikes in children testing positive.

what does that matter. Both my kids have had it. AND no symptoms. They'll all have it eventually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

what does that matter. Both my kids have had it. AND no symptoms. They'll all have it eventually.

Wow. You have my regards for your children. However, our mission is to try and stop children and adults from catching and spreading this Virus.  Mask wearing should still be mandated in my opinion.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It will be interesting to see if/when there is a Memorial Day spike

and what impact it will have on cruise line/CDC requirements.

Agreed!

I'm almost expecting it, given recent-past experiences.

Same applies to the UK

where they are bustin' out all over this weekend

having been cooped-up all winter PLUS (can hardly blame them)

31 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

That still doesnt make any sense to me. Everyone has had a CHANCE to get vaccinated. If you decide not to, why should you be prioritized over kids who have to ability to get a shot + arent going to get sick? I'm not looking for an answer from you personally, it just seems silly to me still. 

What you wrote makes perfect sense to me. It's just unfortunate that some people have a real sense of entitlement.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Adults spend more money than kids?

• Like 2