MSC Memorial Day Sale

phissy

MSC is currently having a promo offering drink pkg, free WiFi pkg and OBC.

We were able to get our cruise in November  repriced  and promo added.

Edited by phissy

My seven day 2022 US sailing is now under this Memorial Day promotion but it has gone up $400, plus I'd drop $300 in OBC.  This sale is better than prices have been for the last month or so, but I've seen steady price increases that started in April.  In March I was so bad wanting to book one September sailing deal for $1350 total, now it's $2500 with the same perks.  I think it's no more MSC bookings for me until well after their re-start.

4 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Sale is grate but I am trying to call them and no one answers the phone " our office is closed" ha?  11 am on Saturday? Are you kidding me 

MSC is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

you should book with a large US travel agency which is open all 365 days.

You will get a good discount of 8 to 10% on the basic Cruise fare (excluding port fees and taxes) from many different US travel agencies, if you put your chosen Cruise and cabin on the bidding site.

Edited by drsel

2 hours ago, drsel said:

You will get a good discount of 8 to 10% on the basic Cruise fare (excluding port fees and taxes) from many different US travel agencies, if you put your chosen Cruise and cabin on the bidding site.

That’s how we choose which cruise agent to go with.

usually the same 2 or 3 each time.

5 hours ago, drsel said:

I beg to differ. 😎 I called today, a Saturday,  at 17:37 and booked two sailings. The call ended at 17:59 which is one minute shy of their toll-free number, 877-665-4655, operating hours on a Saturday. I didn't inquire about tomorrow, Sunday; however, the CSR did confirm they will be closed in observance of Memorial Day 2021.

I can't speak as to GoldenBonny not getting through at 11:00 today. Time zone difference perhaps? Anyway, just wanted to share my Saturday experience. 

Hope your upcoming cruise is a go! Cheers to all cruisers! 🥂

On 5/29/2021 at 8:06 AM, phissy said:

MSC is currently having a promo offering drink pkg, free WiFi pkg and OBC.

We were able to get our cruise in November  repriced  and promo added.

How much more did you have to pay

• Haha 1

It seems like a long time since I booked a cruise, feeling like a 1st timer.  Booked online via msc 4 nights, drinks, wifi, a little obc, balcony Bella, for 2 just a bit over $1,000. I liked the itinerary overnight on the private island, port within driving distance. Its nice just to have something on the horizon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drsel said:

How much more did you have to pay

TA was able to get it down about $450. YC booking, so not too concerned with the drinks or WiFi perk. With the additional $100 OBC it come to about 

$550 additional discount. Original booking was made months ago. Price has come down recently on this sailing.

Edited by phissy

I booked a cruise for next April with the Memorial day sale, I picked a room, the site asked for all the passenger info, I filled it out and then when I clicked next, the site said "thanks, that's all for now". Wasn't I supposed to pay a deposit? I didn't get a booking number either.

I had to pay it last time when I made an MSC reservation. 

And, of course, when I log into my MSC account, it says "Cruise Detail" section is not available right now, so I can't look it up.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I booked a cruise for next April with the Memorial day sale, I picked a room, the site asked for all the passenger info, I filled it out and then when I clicked next, the site said "thanks, that's all for now". Wasn't I supposed to pay a deposit?

I had to pay it last time when I made an MSC reservation. 

And, of course, when I log into my MSC account, it says "Cruise Detail" section is not available right now, so I can't look it up.

I just logged in & I can see my booked cruises.

U should book through a US TA to get 8--10% discount

9 minutes ago, drsel said:

I just logged in & I can see my booked cruises.

U should book through a US TA to get 8--10% discount

I prefer not to use a TA. I am ok with the 5% MSC status match discount. That was not my question, though. Wasn't I supposed to get a booking ID?

The site says: Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!

NVM, I used the back button twice and I am now in the deposit area. 🙂

ETA: got the booking number!

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

22 hours ago, drsel said:

you should book with a large US travel agency which is open all 365 days.

thank you. if they closed on weekend it would be good idea to update website and answering machine 🙄

17 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

I beg to differ. 😎 I called today, a Saturday,  at 17:37 and booked two sailings. The call ended at 17:59 which is one minute shy of their toll-free number, 877-665-4655, operating hours on a Saturday. I didn't inquire about tomorrow, Sunday; however, the CSR did confirm they will be closed in observance of Memorial Day 2021.

I can't speak as to GoldenBonny not getting through at 11:00 today. Time zone difference perhaps? Anyway, just wanted to share my Saturday experience. 

Hope your upcoming cruise is a go! Cheers to all cruisers! 🥂

I am in Canada. I even called Canadian site no luck yesterday 

3 hours ago, FLCruZar said:

It seems like a long time since I booked a cruise, feeling like a 1st timer.  Booked online via msc 4 nights, drinks, wifi, a little obc, balcony Bella, for 2 just a bit over $1,000. I liked the itinerary overnight on the private island, port within driving distance. Its nice just to have something on the horizon. 

Me too. I am even afraid to think we can go back to cruise again. We gonna be vaccinated and I hope no masks will be needed by December on board or its a no go for us. 

2 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Did you try today? I just got off the phone with a CSR at 877-665-4655.

I did .Same message on answering and no luck. Maybe something to do that I am in Canada?  they just automatically transfer me to MSC Canada.....I will try tomorrow again

10 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

they just automatically transfer me to MSC Canada.....I will try tomorrow again

That makes sense. I didn't stop to consider that our countries have different MSC practices. 🙂

And, I did assume that drsel was in USA (but maybe not) when I 'begged to differ' with his closed on Sat/Sun comment. Apologies drsel if my assumption was wrong. When user name is not accompanied by location on a poster's profile it's impossible to properly respond within a generic thread.

Good luck tomorrow, GOLDENBONNY.

41 minutes ago, Isasprings said:

Anyone know when is the last day to book this memorial sale. I want to wait until tomorrow to call MSC.

The terms state the offer expires June 1st, I can't remember what they did last year.  For some reason I though they let it run for a day or two longer, but I can't say for sure.  I'm sure there will be another sale in the not to distant future.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/promo-terms-and-conditions

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Até said:

The terms state the offer expires June 1st, I can't remember what they did last year.  For some reason I though they let it run for a day or two longer, but I can't say for sure.  I'm sure there will be another sale in the not to distant future.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/promo-terms-and-conditions

Good Morning 😎
Thank You, I booked last nite for December.

Out of my home port Miami.

I don’t cruise often with MSC this is

a great offer, I like MSC love the shows. 
ISA

Edited by Isasprings

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

You did not miss anything, the price for my cruise was higher than I paid for it anyway.

you don't know that. I am sure different sailings were effected differently.

I've kept an eye on the prices, and 2 weeks ago the price for the April 2022 cruise I was interested in was $1,924 total for Bella interior cabin, no perks, 3 people, and I have just booked it with the Memorial Day sale for $1,813 total, Fantastica interior cabin, with all-in drinks and wifi, 3 people.

I also priced a balcony, and 2 weeks ago a Bella balcony cabin for 3, no perks, was $2,434, whereas the Memorial day sale brought it down to $2,295 for 3, with all-in drinks and wifi, and to $2,476 for a Fantastica balcony room with all-in drinks and wifi.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you don't know that. I am sure different sailings were effected differently.

I've kept an eye on the prices, and 2 weeks ago the price for the April 2022 cruise I was interested in was $1,924 total for Bella interior cabin, no perks, 3 people, and I have just booked it with the Memorial Day sale for $1,813 total, Fantastica interior cabin, with all-in drinks and wifi, 3 people.

I also priced a balcony, and 2 weeks ago a Bella balcony cabin for 3, no perks, was $2,434, whereas the Memorial day sale brought it down to $2,295 for 3, with all-in drinks and wifi, and to $2,476 for a Fantastica balcony room with all-in drinks and wifi.

I checked Europe sailings & the Memorial sale prices including drinks & WiFi are approx. $50 more per night ($440 more per Cabin for a 9 night Virtuosa cruise Inside Bella, and  $528 more per cabin for a 11 night Splendida Inside Bella).

Its a good deal for a couple who will together consume at least 90 drinks on a 9 night cruise.

We can manage only 1-2 drinks per head per night

Edited by drsel