Summit/Millenium swap theory???

NanaPam00

On 5/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, Arzeena said:

I am on that cruise......Summit, Millie or Silly!

Well, CD Sue Denning has announced on her Instagram account that she is joining Summit for Alaska sailings.

Silly is due to sail to Southampton to start Round Britain cruises on 3rd July.

Just now, iamaqt2 said:

Thanks for the heads up!  

3 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Swap confirmed. Received an email moments ago switching our sailing from Summit to Millennium. 

and now the shore excursion booklet is available.

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what is the start date of this particular cruise?

Though I'm not the person who first posted this, I also received an email minutes ago and am on the August 27 sailing.

• Like 1

As I've said in other posts, I didn't understand at the time why they moved Millennium from the west coast when Summit was already closer to St Martin.  

Now I'm wondering who will have to explain to the Celebrity beancounters why they've had to pay the Panama Canal transit fee twice just to end up back at square one!  

Unfortunately it doesn't give me my cancelled September cruises on Millennium back.  And if the new Panama Canal itinerary from Seattle is ever confirmed I expect it will be priced out of my league, not least because of those extra transit fees which it would now seem have been incurred unnecessarily.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

On the Millennium out of Seattle??

Yes.  It was originally the Solstice.  Then they changed ship to Summit.  Now it's Millennium.  All cruises prior to July 23rd cancelled.

It will now be interesting to see if the last Millennium cruise out of St Maarten will be June 26th with the remaining cruises starting July 10th simply being cancelled since the Edge and Equinox will probably be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale about that time.

Update: Changed to the June 26th cruise as potentially being the last one.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It will now be interesting to see if the last Millennium cruise out of St Maarten will be July 10th with the remaining 3 cruises starting July 24th simply being cancelled since the Edge and Equinox will probably be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale by then.

With the frequent cancelations of the "new" Caribbean homeport sailings (on other lines), I see this being super plausible. Why deal with a whole ship swap for the sake of 3 undersold SXM sailings? 

Edited by AbbyCruiser45

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It will now be interesting to see if the last Millennium cruise out of St Maarten will be July 10th with the remaining 3 cruises starting July 24th simply being cancelled since the Edge and Equinox will probably be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale by then.

I hope not as we’re on the 7/31 sailing. Maybe they ready the summit for us and move the milli once the summit is ready.  I don’t think they can do a 7 day to Aruba from ft lauderdale.  

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Just got the notice.  Moved to the summit.  I don’t think it matters much

Agree as they are identical, if I'm not mistaken.  I am a bit worried though... I booked a large balcony FV, I'm not interested in the FV w/ the smaller balcony.  

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It will now be interesting to see if the last Millennium cruise out of St Maarten will be June 26th with the remaining cruises starting July 10th simply being cancelled since the Edge and Equinox will probably be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale about that time.

Update: Changed to the June 26th cruise as potentially being the last one.

Please ignore what I said in port #40 as it has definitely been overcome by events. 😎