COVID test for reentry into the United States

Rob-Bob

4 minutes ago, jas283a said:

I was referring to testing on the ship. On my itinerary, the ship gets into Santorini at noon and it’s the last stop before disembarkation, so it would be nice to be tested and get it over with in the morning before we enter port. I’m sure it will be different with other lines and itineraries. 

Oh, yes, I agree. Who knows if they would do it before getting there or waiting until you get back from whatever you are going to do for the afternoon.

Cruising with Celestyal in November. Been making myself dizzy trying to figure out Greek vaccination. How smart does my phone have to be, I have a galaxy android and a tablet. To complicate further, flying to London before going on to the US. Shoulb easy to get a test there at a local pharmacy. Trip keeps getting more complicated.  Hopefully situation will calm down more by November. 

25 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Cruising with Celestyal in November. Been making myself dizzy trying to figure out Greek vaccination. How smart does my phone have to be, I have a galaxy android and a tablet. To complicate further, flying to London before going on to the US. Shoulb easy to get a test there at a local pharmacy. Trip keeps getting more complicated.  Hopefully situation will calm down more by November. 

Hi, I have a pretty basic Samsung Android.  As long as you can check your email on your phone you should be ok.  You will get an email. Once you land you can check the email and I would guess Immigration will ask to see it.  If not, just show them the paperwork that you actually filled out on line. I would definitely recommend printing it out and bringing it with you.

Good morning, thanks so much.🙂  And I actually mis read your post........I thought you were asking about getting into Greece. Are you asking about getting home? That part? I just know you need to be tested before flying home. I don't think the US requires an on line form....that information is for folks flying into Greece. If I misunderstood what you were asking, I apologize and that would have made things even more confusing.

23 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Coming or going is not an issue. What I'd like to know is how long it takes to get testing results back. Hope  someone knows.

If they do a quick Antigen test? (Rapid Test) on board the ship? No more than 1/2 hour.......I think those results take like 15 minutes.

Cruising to Greece July 17th and Royal Caribbean just sent an email saying they will help with getting you a test if needed. This should ease some fears with testing before getting on the plane. 

BA61DA56-FE39-483A-A8F6-2815697ABEB9.jpeg

I am on Holland America Eurodam cruising Greek Isles August 15-29.  I was told they will test me upon boarding the ship and then test me again upon leaving the ship.  This latter test should be good for the airplane home and re-entry into the United States.  As far as the way over to Greece goes, I was told to check with my airline's requirements! 

Hope this helps someone!

US Embassy in Greece has a very informational COVID website that is updated regularly

https://gr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Key points

Getting In

• Greece requires COVID test OR vaccination
  • Need to fill out Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 48 hours before entering Greece

Getting Out

• Website provides information on how to find testing for return to US (Airport likely the best option if cruise doesn't imo)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, Hlitner said:

Just a further note about the BinaxNow test.  I am not sure that the test we can buy at most pharmacies includes the necessary online supervision needed for the test results to be acceptable to airlines (at least United and AA) and the CDC for entrance back into the USA.  You may need to purchase the tests directly from a third party supervisory company such as emed.com who then includes the ability to go online, be supervised, and have your test results verified.  This is all very new so we will need to watch what happens in the next few weeks.  I have found that both Untied and AA (as of June 2) accept these tests (at least if they are supervised by e-med).   Emed.com charges $150 for 6 tests (it takes 2 tests per person).  Users would also need to install the NAVICA app on their Smartphones which integrates with the test results.   So as I was warning, if you do not have a working Smartphone it appears you could not use this process for reentry to the USA.

Hank

Correct. That is the incorrect test. It is 150 for 6 on line.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who sailed NCL recently can confirm that the test is "free" and when they do the testing? Is it the morning of Santorini? (day before last) I have a Greek Isles cruise booked for the end of Sept.  

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, aSiAnRiCk said:

Anyone who sailed NCL recently can confirm that the test is "free" and when they do the testing? Is it the morning of Santorini? (day before last) I have a Greek Isles cruise booked for the end of Sept.  

Thank you!

Might want to ask this on the NCL board. More likely to get a NCL cruiser there.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, aSiAnRiCk said:

Thank you!

Yes.  Just did the 7/25/21 cruise.  They test either Friday or Saturday. They schedule a day and time but I am sure you can adjust if a bad time.  It is free and they e-mail you results in 30 minutes and provide you with a printed form a little later delivered to room.

A backup plan for Greece is to get tested at the airport (ATH).  On the lower level (arrivals) they have a testing clinic where a fast antigen test costs 20 Euros.  It seems quite convenient if flying out of ATH.

Hank