Symphony of the Seas July 17 - Going or not going

Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about the July 17 sailing of the Symphony of the Seas.  Still haven't purchased airline tickets since I have 3 cancelled flights from 3 cancelled cruises.  I could use my credits but the plane tickets have gone way up and I keep waiting thinking will RCL cancel or not?????

Phyllis

My group is still trying to get an answer on a July 2 cruise on Oasis.  Basically there's no point in trying to contact Royal as they will just put you on hold and jerk you around until you give up.  They aren't giving honest answers and its very frustrating. Unfortunately its all wait until they say something and that seems to be not what they want to do.  What they want is to hold your money and plans hostage.

• Thanks 1

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain since May 20th. Here is one view of how long she will be in dry dock:

"The ship's first drydock was a month-long project (May 20 thru June 2021) at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain. The drydocking was for routine maintenance works (done to cruise ships usually every 5 years) to keep them properly maintained. Symphony OTS's 2021 drydock included mainly technical works (propellers, fin stabilizers, bottom valves, hull painting) and classification inspection."

IF this is correct and no changes have been made to dry dock and maintenance schedule, this would have dry dock work completed on June 20th.(one month from May 20th). It is a 10 day journey to Miami from Spain which would put us at June 30th.

Test cruise(s) would need to be done on Symphony before revenue sailings could begin unless they went the 98% crew and 95% passenger route which may not even be possible given the number of children under 12 on the cruise. AND then there is the barrier of the state of FL and law preventing asking customers vaccination status.

If you are on an early July sailing, given the factors above PLUS Royals silence on communication their July plans, I am not optimistic that the Symphony will resume revenue cruises on July 3rd

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Symphony-Of-The-Seas-1730?fbclid=IwAR3nB2sG6fNIMmFXN5HCWOzEZqSf4TrUKT9wEOorTP-rECu89N-rR64qero

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain since May 20th. Here is one view of how long she will be in dry dock:

"The ship's first drydock was a month-long project (May 20 thru June 2021) at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain. The drydocking was for routine maintenance works (done to cruise ships usually every 5 years) to keep them properly maintained. Symphony OTS's 2021 drydock included mainly technical works (propellers, fin stabilizers, bottom valves, hull painting) and classification inspection."

IF this is correct and no changes have been made to dry dock and maintenance schedule, this would have dry dock work completed on June 20th.(one month from May 20th). It is a 10 day journey to Miami from Spain which would put us at June 30th.

Test cruise(s) would need to be done on Symphony before revenue sailings could begin unless they went the 98% crew and 95% passenger route which may not even be possible given the number of children under 12 on the cruise. AND then there is the barrier of the state of FL and law preventing asking customers vaccination status.

If you are on an early July sailing, given the factors above PLUS Royals silence on communication their July plans, I am not optimistic that the Symphony will resume revenue cruises on July 3rd

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Symphony-Of-The-Seas-1730?fbclid=IwAR3nB2sG6fNIMmFXN5HCWOzEZqSf4TrUKT9wEOorTP-rECu89N-rR64qero

I agree, but even without the dry dock: the (lack of) speed for test cruises slows things down. I would be happy if most ships will sail by the end of July.

2 hours ago, reps23 said:

Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about the July 17 sailing of the Symphony of the Seas.  Still haven't purchased airline tickets since I have 3 cancelled flights from 3 cancelled cruises.  I could use my credits but the plane tickets have gone way up and I keep waiting thinking will RCL cancel or not?????

Phyllis

I'm on this same sailing with you, and am wanting to know the same thing.  I don't see any way this can happen, therefore would love RC to step up and cancel this -   

39 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

According to this article the info is taken from Royal's own website. It's not any new information- although they attempt to make it look like a news article.

• Like 2

What's interesting, however, is the July 11th Independence of the Seas Cruise listed in the link is no longer listed on Royal's website. I wonder if this means my July 3rd Independence is not happening. The July 3rd one hasn't been listed for months because it is an 8 day, but the July 11th one has been available up until this week.

19 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

This means July sailings are cancelled for Symphony

sym.png

YES... unless somehow RC will begin with fully vaccinated sailings prior to that.  Doubt it.  SO....will they step up and just cancel this for us on the July 17???????????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

This means July sailings are cancelled for Symphony

sym.png

They need to just say other then test sailings everything for July is canceled.  If Carnival can do it, so can Royal.  They need to grow up and admit this isn't going to be some magic wand situation where July 1 everything will be normal.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, laddcalcagno said:

They need to just say other then test sailings everything for July is canceled.  If Carnival can do it, so can Royal.  They need to grow up and admit this isn't going to be some magic wand situation where July 1 everything will be normal.  

Royal has no big boy pants?

Does anyone else with a Symphony sailing in July feel scammed? Like Royal has know for some time that there was never a shot at July cruising, especially with the dry dock and going the test cruise route over the vaccinated route? You figure if they were ready to sail in July 1 then the test cruise would have been sooner than Aug 1?

• Like 1

If the cancelled all Independence of the Seas they have not told those who are actually booked.  I still have the cruise on my account which is slated for July 3rd.  it would be nice if they actually cancelled these cruises they would tell those booked so we can get a refund or apply them to a future cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1