Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

15 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

COVID testing began today. 

The Captain just made an announcement that two people from the same cabin have tested positive for COVID. 

Contact tracing has begun. 

We are still able to move freely on the ship. 

What type of test was given- antigen? If so, will they now be given PCR to see if false positive?  Thank you for letting us know what protocols are followed. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately that’s all we were told. I got tested today and had my results within 60 mins. I would assume/hope they performed follow up PCR tests and will be able to updated tomorrow. 

The mood of the guests have already changed. People have started wearing masks again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redsox1584 said:

I apologize if this was answered earlier but I could not find anything. Was this a fully vaccinated cruise or were there people not vaccinated on it? The rules are constantly changing I can’t keep up

7 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Unfortunately that’s all we were told. I got tested today and had my results within 60 mins. I would assume/hope they performed follow up PCR tests and will be able to updated tomorrow. 

The mood of the guests have already changed. People have started wearing masks again.

My husband had a false positive on a rapid test recently, and he’s vaccinated. Praying it was the same issue here. 

1 minute ago, 39august said:

I didn't know they were running tests on board. Is this random, daily, per cabin or what, please? Very bad news. Also hope for false positive. 

The CDC requires tests to re-enter the US (for everyone traveling internationally, not just cruising) so this test was done to satisfy that. 

10 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I apologize if this was answered earlier but I could not find anything. Was this a fully vaccinated cruise or were there people not vaccinated on it? The rules are constantly changing I can’t keep up

Lol. I can’t keep up either and I’m on the cruise. I think 16 and older needed to be vaccinated. All crew are vaccinated. 

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

I didn't know they were running tests on board. Is this random, daily, per cabin or what, please? Very bad news. Also hope for false positive. 

Sint Maartin has a new requirement. Cruise passengers need to have a test 48 hours or less before disembarking. This really isn’t a huge deal because we already needed a test to fly back into USA. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Per GMA it’s 95/5.

15 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I’m sorry to hear this. You are all more likely to have been exposed on the flight down there or on the plane home, than during the remaining days of the cruise. At least in my opinion. We flew a week ago, no social distancing and the plan was packed. Have two flights next week and expect the same. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Lol. I can’t keep up either and I’m on the cruise. I think 16 and older needed to be vaccinated. All crew are vaccinated. 

Sint Maartin has a new requirement. Cruise passengers need to have a test 48 hours or less before disembarking. This really isn’t a huge deal because we already needed a test to fly back into USA. 

It is for those two folks that tested positive. I wonder what's going to happen to them once the ship docks if they continue to test positive?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

COVID testing began today. 

The Captain just made an announcement that two people from the same cabin have tested positive for COVID. 

Contact tracing has begun. 

We are still able to move freely on the ship. 

Thanks for sharing.  This is going to make for a long ride back to Sint Maarten, I imagine.  I wonder how long it's going to take before it blows up on media worldwide.

20 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I wonder what's going to happen to them once the ship docks if they continue to test positive?

That's a key question.  I assume Celebrity and Sint Maarten have prepared for this very moment.  The one thing I can't see is them staying on the ship - especially if they plan to do a same-day turnaround.

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  This is going to make for a long ride back to Sint Maarten, I imagine.  I wonder how long it's going to take before it blows up on media worldwide.

That's a key question.  I assume Celebrity and Sint Maarten have prepared for this very moment.  The one thing I can't see is them staying on the ship - especially if they plan to do a same-day turnaround.

It apparently already hit Reuters. 

The Captain made another announcement. Over 200 tests were completed today and those are the only two positive results.

Testing was suppose to end at 6pm tonight and resume again at 8am tomorrow, but they have extended testing hours through midnight. 

The crew started clapping and the mood of guests has already gotten better. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

The Captain made another announcement. Over 200 tests were completed today and those are the only two positive results.

Testing was suppose to end at 6pm tonight and resume again at 8am tomorrow, but they have extended testing hours through midnight. 

The crew started clapping and the mood of guests has already gotten better. 

This is great news!! Hopefully this holds for the rest of the tests and shows that vaccinated cruises work. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

This is great news!! Hopefully this holds for the rest of the tests and shows that vaccinated cruises work. 

And in the same spirit, I hope that there is no rash of positive tests in the next week or two for the passengers who are on board now who might be at risk!!  Including our most generous friend Sea from New York!

• Like 1

Too bad that this has put a damper on the cruise, but breakthrough are bound to happen. Testing everyone has its "consequences". Thankfully, everyone is vaccinated, so it's unlikely for others to get infected by those two. Just have to follow the quarantine protocols and wait and see. I am personally not concerned or deterred from cruising later this summer. 

1 hour ago, alexkrn46 said:

We are booked on Saturday’s Cruise,  concerned

Alex, we are booked on the Apex first cruise and received an email today requiring the use of masks indoor and outdoor during our sailing. 

IMG_C6C3CF57D1C8-1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, drarill said:

Alex, we are booked on the Apex first cruise and received an email today requiring the use of masks indoor and outdoor during our sailing. 

IMG_C6C3CF57D1C8-1.jpeg

I think this is just a bad timing coincidence. Likely measures implemented by Greece, not in reaction to the cases on board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxiang said:

Still safer than a Saturday afternoon at Walmart. 

I am not sure.  Some of the people squeezing between the incredibly close tables on the ship, with huge butts shoved into my face, are just as scary as the typical Walmart shopper -- who have equally large posteriors!

• Like 2

Earlier this week when two or three guests on a MSC ship were diagnosed COVID positive, they were let off in Italy and the ship continued with its itinerary.  MSC did not mandate vaccines, while Celebrity did. MSC also does not have majority American cruisers. I sure hope that is not the "protocol" that ships sailing out of US ports with American cruisers implement.