Now they have us going out of Texas on Independance

What in the world is going on. We have two cabins originally out of Miami Aug 22 6 nites  Now we are going out of Texas. 7 nights.
They are so screwed up

What happened to Odyssey transfer we were promised in email 

We are in Florida. No way going to Texas. 

Indy to Odyssey transfers are slowly happening. Four of my eight cabins have been transferred. I think they are doing Guarantees first.  My fully paid reservations are currently and incorrectly showing a balance due. RC will also clear that up.

we are sailing on July 17.

Edited by lax19

But did you first show Texas?

7 minutes ago, lax19 said:

Indy to Odyssey transfers are slowly happening. Four of my eight cabins have been transferred. I think they are doing Guarantees first.  My fully paid reservations are currently and incorrectly showing a balance due. RC will also clear that up.

we are sailing on July 17.

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The texas people moving from liberty to independence are just as unhappy. Theirs just shows cancelled, and told indy will open on tuesday for bookings. 

Yeah I didnt take chance last year when had couple B2B canceled, replaced ship with another. I bit the Bullet soon as Bookings opened on the new Ship I grabbed my Fav Cabin before they filled. Then just took FCC for Canceled ones... Not that it apply's to this situation

2 hours ago, DonnaMW said:

But did you first show Texas?

No it did not. I understand your frustration with RC. Hopefully they will sort it out in the next day or two 

I was scheduled for Liberty out of Galveston 8/22/21. Prior to receiving the email on the change of ships, I called Royal.  They indicated that we would be transferred to the Independence but on 9/19/21, won't work as I already have a cruise out of PC the same day. Based on the email the sail date should remain the same. I do hope Royal has blocked cabins for all of us that have been booked, as they are opening up the website tomorrow for new bookings. 

This is a wait and see situation and hoping for the best. 

Donna

11 hours ago, vegas7df said:

I was scheduled for Liberty out of Galveston 8/22/21. Prior to receiving the email on the change of ships, I called Royal.  They indicated that we would be transferred to the Independence but on 9/19/21, won't work as I already have a cruise out of PC the same day. Based on the email the sail date should remain the same. I do hope Royal has blocked cabins for all of us that have been booked, as they are opening up the website tomorrow for new bookings. 

This is a wait and see situation and hoping for the best. 

Donna

Wow, this is interesting.  They wanted to transfer you to a different date?  Was this an error or oversight on their part or did they want to move you to September while fully knowing you were booked for August?  

I was moved from Independence to Odyssey for August 8 sailing and Independence still showing up under my cruises.  Hope it gets resolved and no snafus.

I don't think they knew of my September booking, as they had not done the change. As of right now my account shows Liberty cancelled and no update to Independence. Royal will be doing the updates this week.  With all the changes I believe the person I spoke with had the wrong information. 

17 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I don't think they knew of my September booking, as they had not done the change. As of right now my account shows Liberty cancelled and no update to Independence. Royal will be doing the updates this week.  With all the changes I believe the person I spoke with had the wrong information. 

I was told all changes would be made by tonight at 5pm.  I am waiting and my patience is dwindling....

• Like 1

They'll figure it all out.  Someday............     Very happy our next cruise isn't scheduled until January.  And we're in Florida for 3 months next winter regardless, so getting on that January ship isn't a priority if things are still a mess.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I was told all changes would be made by tonight at 5pm.  I am waiting and my patience is dwindling....

That's even better.

Thanks. We are on the Independence over Thanksgiving out of Port Canaveral and buying airfare Thursday...and Thanksgiving airfare is something I don't want to have to try to change. It won't be cheap.

50 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

So I was told by multiple people on the phone that it was 6/8 but fb royal msg just got back and said 6/18! I don't think I can be that patient!!!!!  

Per the email I received (was booked on Liberty of the Seas, now being moved to Independence):

"Beginning June 8th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Independence of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise."

"All moves will be completed by June 18th, 2021, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted."

The wording in the email gives them ten days to complete the transfer. Yours could be one of the first and will be done on the 8th. Or it could be the last one and doesn't get completed until the 18th. More likely, it'll take a handful of days to get everyone transferred over. The rest of the time will be spent taking care of special one-off cases, fixing issues where somehow a room was double-booked or other such nonsense that shouldn't happen but invariably will, and then fixing the smaller things such as pricing. So, I wouldn't freak out if you check later today and it shows you're leaving on the right ship from the wrong port, and/or have a balance due when you already paid in full. I'd try waiting until next week before calling in about the new reservation being inaccurate.

Edited by circuitrider
  • Thanks 1