Medallion App has disappeared from the Google Play store

Rick&Jeannie

23 minutes ago, msmoger said:

It's still currently available on the Apple Store.

Unfortunately for us Android users it has disappeared overnight. Hopefully to debug it!!  We can only hope.👍

Edited by crows nest club
Typo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Unfortunately for us Android users it has disappeared overnight. Hopefully to debug it!!  We can only hope.👍

My hope would be that they took it down in order to find a way to make it work with older versions of Android. I have the newest version but many (most?) folks don't and it's pretty insane to force folks to use an app that won't work for those people.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My hope would be that they took it down in order to find a way to make it work with older versions of Android. I have the newest version but many (most?) folks don't and it's pretty insane to force folks to use an app that won't work for those people.

PLUS +1

Yes it's ridiculous !!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, srpilo said:

PLUS +1

Yes it's ridiculous !!

Agree 10000000% - I have a Samsung S6 which I intend to hold on to as long as I can.  Please, please make it so I don't have to spend $$$ on a new phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I have Android 8, which my I know is not the latest version but I wouldn't call my smartphone old. I'm certainly not going to buy another phone just to check in m.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just now checked the link on the Princess site and the MC app is once again available in the Google Play Store.

Unless I misunderstand, the link on the web site results in a "URL not found" error message. 🤔  And, like others, I do not see it in the Play Store still. Good thing I don't need it soon.

Edited by joepeka

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Here is what I get on the Play Store link in the web site:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.OceanCompass&hl=en_US

Definitely different for me...... Ocean Compass?? Your link does take me to the MC app however. Wierd.

Edited by joepeka

39 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Looks like I will be one of those who will be forced to buy a new phone. FOMO, you know.   I have Andriod version 7.  Grrrrrrrrr, this is ridiculous to force us this way.

My tablet is maxed out with Android 7. The app is not compatible with that device. The "new" version claims to be compatible with Android 8 and up. I'm sure there are a lot of folks who are perfectly happy with their phones that are running older versions. My phone completely freaked out and couldn't be saved even with a factory reset so I bought a new one last year. Fortunately it's new enough to have the latest version of Android (11) and will be eligible for version 12 when it's out of Beta.

46 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

@Thrak  Geeeeeeeeez, I forgot about my iPad Air3, I guess because of all this discussion regarding phones.  I just now did a manual update and it completed with no issues on the iPad.

👍 Excellent.

40 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I just checked Google Play, no Princess Medallion App. My customers keep leaving smart phones. We hold them for 90 days and if they don't come back for them we donate them.

It seems that the only way to find it is via the link on the Princess web site. That link takes you to the app located here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.medallionclass

Edit: I find it interesting that the download page says there are 11 reviews but, when I click to see all reviews, I still only see the 5 reviews from the main page. They are all from the same date (June 11) and are all 5 star reviews. I started checking online to see if there was information in regard to the name of the people who made the reviews. As far as I can tell they are all people who were involved in some manner with the app. Not what I would consider "unbiased" reviews.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1